Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply Collapse

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Supply Collapse Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply Collapse - 6/16/2020 2:04:38 AM   
76mm

This is the second time this has happened to me: supply more or less OK, then next turn, boom, every unit out of supply. Last time it was in the middle of a major war, and did not end well... This time I've got a lull, so would like to fix it.

Here is my entire empire:

All supply lines green, almost all units in black. I'm low on oil, but have more coming on line. Moreover, I can't tell how much oil is being used per turn, by what. Low on food, but also have more food coming online. Why is everyone out of supply?

I'm RTFM now, but it is a slog. Also watching DasTactic's videos but haven't gotten to the logistics part yet!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 76mm -- 6/16/2020 2:06:29 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Supply Collapse - 6/16/2020 2:33:50 AM   
Soar_Slitherine

I saw somebody mention that the way supply works is that resources are first sent out from HQ, and it only then receives resources from zones. That means you can have resources in the stocks at the start of turn from zone deliveries, but still have failed to deliver adequate supply because the stocks were too low at end of last turn. That would point to your stockpiles being inadequate here.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply Collapse - 6/16/2020 2:34:27 AM   
zgrssd

You are running out of food. You need enough Food in SHQ storagee before the end turn happens. Collection from zones happens way after delivery to units.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/16/2020 2:35:29 AM >

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply Collapse - 6/16/2020 2:46:40 AM   
budd

yea, looks like food from what i can see. Use the item tab for supply details along with looking at the units to see what they requested and what they received.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply Collapse - 6/16/2020 3:23:06 AM   
ramnblam

Get some farming happening bruh.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply Collapse - 6/16/2020 7:06:44 AM   
Che12

Why should it be the food? It is 22 and -8 per turn. So he should have enough for 2 more turns at least...

Is there any screen to find the information what is needed? I have had this problem in my games too and i dont know why it happens. It also happened with 5000 food and 2000 fuel in stock, everything green. So if there is any screen with the real information please, please, please say where it is...

(in reply to ramnblam)
Post #: 6
RE: Supply Collapse - 6/16/2020 7:25:26 AM   
Falke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Che12

Why should it be the food? It is 22 and -8 per turn. So he should have enough for 2 more turns at least...

It will be something like 30 sent to units and 22 received this turn to give the -8. Unit requirements for food will be way more than 30.

(in reply to Che12)
Post #: 7
RE: Supply Collapse - 6/16/2020 7:51:05 AM   
Che12

But how much?

I would expect it was 30 in the last turn, and now it is 22, so -8. If nothing is changed in the economy it will last 2 more turns.

If it is 30 to units and 22 gained now it would not be 22 in stock. It would be 0. But it is not. And that is the problem. Where is the information how much it is to the units, and why is it not in the SHQ information. This is you stock. So why it should it not be calculated there?

(in reply to Falke)
Post #: 8
RE: Supply Collapse - 6/16/2020 9:13:34 AM   
Falke

The 22 you receive this turn is not sent out until next turn. Last turn you had 30 in stock that got sent out. This is due to the sequence of processing.

Any produced items only get consumed this turn, if they are used in the same Zone. Anything sent to SHQ, can only be forwarded where it is needed in the next turn

30Initial - 30 sent + 22 received = Delta of -8 and 22 now in stock.

Select SHQ ,click on Supply. There you see total requested & Delivered (This is total of all supplies). In Individual Units you see the breakdown food/fuel/ammo/replacements

(in reply to Che12)
Post #: 9
RE: Supply Collapse - 6/16/2020 9:33:17 AM   
Che12

This means the next round: 22 initial, 30 (=22 max) out, 22 received, and then it would be again 22 stock (=received) and difference 0 (blue =).

So the only way to expect a supply problem would be to check the SHQ-Supply-Tab every round and to ignore the green and red arrows because they don't give any valid information. Nice...

Point for the Wishlist: make it -30 (+- any difference from the city economy) instead of -8 at this tab.

Thanks for the explanation Falke.

(in reply to Falke)
Post #: 10
RE: Supply Collapse - 6/16/2020 10:06:18 AM   
Falke

The arrows are usefull for checking the capacity of a route , which is the other cause of supply problems.

The tooltip on the -8 will show the detail of how it is made up.

(in reply to Che12)
Post #: 11
RE: Supply Collapse - 6/16/2020 6:51:19 PM   
76mm

It tirns out it was the food...bought more, and built some farms, and voila!

(in reply to Falke)
Post #: 12
RE: Supply Collapse - 6/17/2020 12:43:27 AM   
Zyphtan

This confused me too I believe in my case it was because I didnt have enough supply being sent out. Not enough throughput it can seem really weird but once you understand the game systems you realize it is all designed with a purpose without having to cludder the interface. The more I play the game the more I enjoy the game design.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Supply Collapse Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI