Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Easy way to see total food/water/metal ect needed per turn?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Easy way to see total food/water/metal ect needed per turn? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Easy way to see total food/water/metal ect needed per t... - 6/22/2020 1:06:42 AM   
Mathieas

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was an easy way to get a tally on the next turn usage of the SHQ resources? I have fallen into the trap where it looks like I have a positive food gain but really have a deficit. I understand at least fundamentally why this is happening but had trouble figuring out total food needs. I have tried to use the items menu for each City but as the game gets larger this is cumbersome and adding together each City consumption and shq request becomes time consuming.

In a similar vein, is there an easy way to see what resources are necessary for all army units? E.G Like how much food they're going to consume the next turn if fully supplied.

Thanks!

< Message edited by Mathieas -- 6/22/2020 1:10:09 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Easy way to see total food/water/metal ect needed p... - 6/22/2020 1:20:18 AM   
Zyphtan

It changes alot from turn to turn. You can use the mgn tab at the top left and going to assets and using the expand button there. This will show you each city easily and you can see your expected production for the turn.

I usually run into the trouble of not having enough logistics to get my supplies to my SHQ that can be a reason for not having a similar supply each turn.

All supplies have to get to the SHQ to be used for anything. They are sent there and sent out so you really need good logistics for your SHQ to take in supplies and send them out.

(in reply to Mathieas)
Post #: 2
RE: Easy way to see total food/water/metal ect needed p... - 6/22/2020 12:06:00 PM   
Jdane

There are logistical stats under the STATS tab which I found quite handy. Details on food, ammo, fuel, and probably energy when it comes to that ; what amount was delivered vs what amount was requested.

Unfortunately it's a summary of what happened during turn resolution, and not a planning tool, but it is the next best thing I've found so far.

(in reply to Zyphtan)
Post #: 3
RE: Easy way to see total food/water/metal ect needed p... - 6/22/2020 2:26:08 PM   
zgrssd

The most important rule for the SHQ is: "You need the resources in storage when you hit end turn".
When it finally collects from zones, delivery to zones, delivery to units and even production has already run.

- It is never bad to run a surpluss of food. A bit expensive in workers maybe, but if you got less then 50 surpluss you should upgrade ASAP.
- Water you may want to limit to "just above what I consume", if the source is limited. Otherwise it is the same thing as Food
- If you are full in storage, you can even see how much excess you got - everything sold or "lost due to storage full" is excess.

Metal however is extremely variable. You primarily use it for construction and all the instant stuff you are doing with the SHQ (Rails, Ammo, Troops).
And the zones try to get 1 whole turn of consumption for their projects, so it is extremely jumpy

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 4
RE: Easy way to see total food/water/metal ect needed p... - 6/22/2020 5:42:12 PM   
shi4stone

You can go to MNG ASSET, expand and preview. MThen you see the table to the right, in the left and right most column there would be number of how many assets in your selected SHQ at beginning of the turn and how many you would expect to get next turn. The middle columns are about the particular zone you have selected, like how much this zone produce and consume, mouse over gives you also a list of the relevant buildings.
Note though, IP forecast does not seem to include service tax, only production. Otherwise i find this a great tool for me to gauge if i have enough or i have built too much.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
RE: Easy way to see total food/water/metal ect needed p... - 6/22/2020 6:55:12 PM   
Terra162

I use the MNGT ASSET screen with preview activated all the time. It's really helpful when you need to know if you have enough stuff on hand for your construction projects.
Red means you lack it completely, Yellow means you fulfill some of the requests, and white means fully provided/surplus.

(in reply to shi4stone)
Post #: 6
RE: Easy way to see total food/water/metal ect needed p... - 6/22/2020 8:09:26 PM   
W8taminute

There are many variables that I have seen that influence food consumption. I've seen my armies eat food like crazy during prolonged hard fighting. Another thing I noticed was that if you set your zone to hire colonists you will need to feed all those people who are waiting to colonize something as they are no longer in the private economy.

Forgive me my old friend...but I must use all my experience, to get home.

(in reply to Terra162)
Post #: 7
RE: Easy way to see total food/water/metal ect needed p... - 6/22/2020 9:12:31 PM   
Mathieas

Thank you all for the fantastic info!! I will give each of these a try!

(in reply to W8taminute)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Easy way to see total food/water/metal ect needed per turn? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI