Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rebalancing danger mechanics

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Rebalancing danger mechanics Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rebalancing danger mechanics - 6/21/2020 4:09:02 PM   
btonasse

It seems really too punishing right now, especially since it can go up via events totally out of control of the player (and even when a leader succeeds a skill roll on those!) and afaik there is no way to reduce other than waiting for time to pass. Also I understand why the population would be dead scared if an army came close to the city gates, but if on the same turn that army is wiped by the city garrison without breaking a sweat, I also think this should help reducing Danger.
Post #: 1
RE: Rebalancing danger mechanics - 6/21/2020 6:02:24 PM   
zgrssd

"The higher the Civilisation Score the quicker Unrest and Danger are reduced. However, the reverse is true for Fear"
But that is about the only way to beat it.

I agree it is punishing, but I do not feel it too punishing. It needs Unrest or some other things bringing happiness down to case an issue. And in that case, you should have fought that other issue.

(in reply to btonasse)
Post #: 2
RE: Rebalancing danger mechanics - 6/22/2020 8:36:53 PM   
btonasse

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

"The higher the Civilisation Score the quicker Unrest and Danger are reduced. However, the reverse is true for Fear"
But that is about the only way to beat it.

I agree it is punishing, but I do not feel it too punishing. It needs Unrest or some other things bringing happiness down to case an issue. And in that case, you should have fought that other issue.

In the late game, maybe. Early on, one or two events can bring your danger up to the 40s and that's about 20 turns of negative happiness you can't do anything about right there.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Rebalancing danger mechanics Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI