Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/27/2020 7:27:01 PM   
GI Seve

Has anyone else stumbled to situation where 100k lvl 4 city captured from religious fanatic major suddenly started to get 5-8k emigrants from my two other cities. The city is literally pile of rubble with all buildings under repairs before reaching even minor working order and no quality of life to speak of and has massive threat and unrest ratings and still ppl want to move there in droves.

This has drained my two working cities to point where I had to halt all worker&army recruiting to not run to massive pop -5k pop drains for multiple turns. My other cities were lvl2 with 85k pop and lvl3 (capital) with 100k ish and both had QOL 45ish while the fresh conquered city is below 10 QOL.

And if someone has faced this how did you stop it? Need halp nao!

P.S.1.

I ended up abandoning that game as 1.4 came up. Now playing on 1.4beta1 so if I stumble upon this I try and remember to take pictars for the nonbeliever heretics to watch when my men tie them up on top of pyre to purge their heresy of doubting my words!

< Message edited by GI Seve -- 7/1/2020 11:18:54 PM >

HallelujaaGobble!
Post #: 1
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/27/2020 7:33:20 PM   
Sieppo

Thulsa Doom is still lurking around...

(in reply to GI Seve)
Post #: 2
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/27/2020 8:00:10 PM   
jwarrenw13

Did you play the "Legalize Marijuana" card on that zone?

(in reply to Sieppo)
Post #: 3
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/27/2020 10:36:52 PM   
zgrssd

The only time I saw relevant migration, was when the Population was massively undersized to run all the Public + Private Assets. And that was a City I had colonized with a very poor initial population.

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 4
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/27/2020 11:08:15 PM   
Gregton

Yeah, I've seen the exact same thing. As soon as I conquer a city, people flock to it and it drains my capital of its workforce. I don't know why they would want to go live there as there's no public or private jobs there, nor are the living standards as good as in the capital.

It's kind of a bummer since when the capital gets starved of its manpower the QoL actually diminishes due to the private assets shutting down.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/28/2020 4:24:19 AM   
Mitigan

i noticed this only happens when conquering major regime cities and that your population only migrate to another city if there is job opportunity there.

i think what is happening is that the new city has many public assets, specially domed farms that needs lots of workers, and since you have 0 workers there and lots of workers needed your population goes "oh there is jobs to be had there" regardless if the city has surplus private population to man everything or not. and since your worker recruitment is slowed in such cities it keeps going for many turns, until you workers jobs are filled or nearly filled.

(in reply to Gregton)
Post #: 6
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/30/2020 10:54:53 AM   
Gregton

I see what you mean. Still this is pretty stupid for your whole empire's population and sometimes other empire's pop to want to absolutely go get those govt jobs at all costs when you conquer a Major's city.

There probably should be a cap on that migration, it makes no sense that all your cities get depopulated each time you make a conquest.

(in reply to Mitigan)
Post #: 7
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/30/2020 12:10:14 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gregton

I see what you mean. Still this is pretty stupid for your whole empire's population and sometimes other empire's pop to want to absolutely go get those govt jobs at all costs when you conquer a Major's city.

There probably should be a cap on that migration, it makes no sense that all your cities get depopulated each time you make a conquest.

I never had that issue. Why do you keep having that issue?

(in reply to Gregton)
Post #: 8
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/30/2020 1:10:32 PM   
ramnblam

You shouldn't be experiencing significant worker emigration unless you're paying the workers in the conquered city more than elsewhere, which sometimes you might want to do. If you are experiencing big issues in retaining workers it's probably due to happiness issues more than a new city being conquered.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 9
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/30/2020 1:49:22 PM   
GodwinW

Yep also having it in my playthrough. 1.03b12.

It's really weird indeed. I think it may have to do with income taxes? And they maybe not wanting to pay it (Unincorporated zones do not pay income taxes).
So I've set those zones to regular sooner, but then while playing other things grabbed my attention and I didn't keep a close eye on whether that fixed it.

Btw it's NOT just when you have jobs there. It just happens without any jobs available there.

< Message edited by GodwinW -- 6/30/2020 1:50:14 PM >

(in reply to ramnblam)
Post #: 10
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/30/2020 2:42:02 PM   
lloydster4

I would like more transparency from the migration system. Surely there must be ways to influence it.

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 11
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/30/2020 3:14:34 PM   
GodwinW

Yes I would like to understand it more as well. Why do some cities not raise their private wages? Etc.

(in reply to lloydster4)
Post #: 12
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/30/2020 4:58:06 PM   
Gregton

Happened to me each time in my two advanced games, I tend to play slowly so I don't have many of these under my belt yet but each time I've had this issue, right now the capital I conquered from a neighbouring major is draining people from cities all over the world with something like 2k emigrating from another Major I don't have a freedom of movement accord with and 8500 from the nearest other city.

Pretty weird happenstance.
Can't post links yet otherwise I would have included a screenshot, hanging onto the image for when I can.

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 13
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/30/2020 7:54:40 PM   
Zyphtan

They work pretty realistically. If there are jobs to fill or better pay the move there. They might like the unincorporated zone because they dont have sales or income tax. It can happen too if the happiness isnt high enough.

(in reply to Gregton)
Post #: 14
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/30/2020 9:41:41 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: GodwinW

Yep also having it in my playthrough. 1.03b12.

It's really weird indeed. I think it may have to do with income taxes? And they maybe not wanting to pay it (Unincorporated zones do not pay income taxes).

If it was that, everyone would see it. As I said, I have no idea what you are even talking about. The only relevant migrations happened due to massive worker/private worker shortages. As in "the private economy is paying 7 miliCredits for each private worker" shortage.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/30/2020 9:42:28 PM >

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 15
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/30/2020 10:15:10 PM   
GodwinW

You guys are not seeing it?

That's odd indeed. Well, unless you're still in the early game, it doesn't happen much then. But from turn 90-ish onward for sure.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 16
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/30/2020 10:48:47 PM   
Dubba

Yea it is massive I had 3 large cities with around 200k pop each and conquered an enemy AI capital now the the enemy capital has sucked around 200k pop from my other 3 cities.

Though it may be the alure of it being unincorperated and there is no taxes.

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 17
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 6/30/2020 11:01:58 PM   
zgrssd

Why do you guys keep talking about is as if it was a common occurency. Yet do not have a single image from when it happened?
Ideally include a overview of the assets and the privte economy.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/30/2020 11:02:14 PM >

(in reply to Dubba)
Post #: 18
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 7/1/2020 12:14:42 AM   
GodwinW

Why do you keep saying it isn't a common occurrence? Yet do not have a single image from when it doesn't occur?
Ideally include an overview of the assets and the private economy as well as your profile feats.

To answer your question for me personally: no one ever asked me for an image.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 19
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 7/2/2020 10:42:09 AM   
Gregton

I wish I could post an image but I can't do so just yet, I have to wait a little bit for that.

When I'm able to do so, I will.

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 20
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 7/2/2020 2:15:29 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gregton

I wish I could post an image but I can't do so just yet, I have to wait a little bit for that.

When I'm able to do so, I will.

First you would need 6 more posts.
10 posts + 7 days since you reached 10 posts.

You could use 3rd party image hosting options in the meantime. Actually a good way to get around the "1 file, <200 KiB per post" limit.

(in reply to Gregton)
Post #: 21
RE: Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? - 7/2/2020 2:34:36 PM   
Gregton

I tried but it won't let me post links, I may be too boomer even for an old school forum like this one :p

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Massive emigration to freshly conquered city?!? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI