Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Status

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Status Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Status - 7/2/2020 2:01:38 PM   
Peter Fisla

Hi All,

You may have noticed that I haven't been around since the time after May 22th, 2019. I very much apologize for that. Unfortunately, I had a stroke. I had been in a hospital until June 27th 2019. Since then I have mostly focused on my health. I’m doing alright now but I haven’t done any programming since then. I’m not sure what the future holds but my health is very important to me.

I’m very happy that I was able to publish the game. And I’m also very glad and grateful for Jorgen’s support and contribution. I’m glad that I was able to give something to the wargame community, this game project of mine was a big dream come true. I can’t believe that we now have over 550 user made scenarios, this is truly incredible and I’m completely speechless. I met very nice people here and I very much thank you all for that and wish you all the best.
Post #: 1
RE: Status - 7/2/2020 2:40:19 PM   
Big Ivan

Good to hear from you Peter!!

When I and the rest of the group didn't hear from you we figured something big with your health was up. A stroke is nothing to take lightly and I am glad you are still with us.

I don't get to play and make scenarios to much for TotH since I am really busy with the Campaign Series. Forgive me. However I do come back from time to time to see what is brewing here on the forum. Some good stuff in general going down and all the new scenarios, WOW!!

Yes true Jorgy has been awesome in his job of keeping this forum alive and moving forward!

At any rate you take care of yourself. Your health is most important.

God's speed in your recovery and God Bless!

Kind regards,
John

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 2
RE: Status - 7/2/2020 3:07:08 PM   
Peter Fisla

Thank you very much John for your kind words. Like you, from time to time I play Campaign series as well. I especially like Eastern Front 2, I lost count how many times I have played dynamic campaigns. They just don't make war games as they used it.

All the best John!

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 3
RE: Status - 7/2/2020 3:08:21 PM   
UP844

Hello Peter, it's really great to hear news from you!

Take care of your health, you will find us there!

My best wishes

Carlo

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 4
RE: Status - 7/2/2020 4:18:35 PM   
rmmwilg

Good to hear you're recovering Peter and prayers for a complete restoration in Jesus' name!

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 5
RE: Status - 7/2/2020 6:43:07 PM   
Hailstone

Wow, I'm glad to hear you are doing better, Peter.
You are doing the right thing taking it easy. Your
game is wonderful and I don't go more than a couple
of days without TotH! Thanks for that and take care.

(in reply to rmmwilg)
Post #: 6
RE: Status - 7/3/2020 3:50:25 PM   
seagles

Peter! Thanks for joining us again, even if briefly. Your health is paramount and we wish you all the best.

Cheers,
Scott

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 7
RE: Status - 7/4/2020 7:55:12 PM   
TimB64

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

Thank you very much John for your kind words. Like you, from time to time I play Campaign series as well. I especially like Eastern Front 2, I lost count how many times I have played dynamic campaigns. They just don't make war games as they used it.

All the best John!

Peter, although I'm a bit of a newcomer here, I too am really glad you're okay. Your game has taken me back to years of playing SL/ASL and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Fitting it in around East(ern) Front 2 and Combat Mission Red Thunder is my only problem

Take care Peter and I wish you all the best.

Post #: 8
RE: Status - 7/5/2020 4:55:29 AM   
Zovs

Here's to your health!

I had a friend who had three massive strokes in one day, they call the family that night and said he would not make it till morning. The next morning (he was English) he flipped the Doctor the bird and told him to bugger off. The doctor said he may never regain his legs and would loose his pilot's license. He told the Doctor bullocks and to go piss off. Six months latter that tough stubborn Englishman was hobbling around with a cane, six months latter he was cane free and you could barely hear any difference in his voice. Fifteen years latter he passed on.

Sometimes you just got to tell the powers that be to bugger off and flip them the bird...

Good luck to you.

We will keep you in our prayers.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to TimB64)
Post #: 9
RE: Status - 7/5/2020 6:59:17 AM   
Ticonderoga60

Hey Peter! Finally! I'm very happy to hear you and Your healty is well! I embrace you and hope to hear from you more often.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 10
RE: Status - 7/5/2020 10:46:45 AM   
Peter Fisla

guys, thank you all for your support. I really appreciate it! I didn't expect such a nice warming welcome to be honest :)

(in reply to Ticonderoga60)
Post #: 11
RE: Status - 7/9/2020 2:19:31 AM   
Big Ivan

Hey Peter,

Just glad your back with us my man!!

Post #: 12
RE: Status - 7/9/2020 10:57:13 AM   
Magpius

My Mum still in rehab from a stroke mid June. Thoughts are with you also Peter. Good luck.

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 13
RE: Status - 9/18/2020 10:02:20 AM   
wodin

Just read this.

Peter I hope you are now well on the road to recovery.

Many Wargamers me included dream of developing a game but it stays a dream. You did it though and given many Wargamers some great entertainment.

Look after yourself.

Oh have you thought about handing the project over? Maybe have a back seat role?

(in reply to Magpius)
Post #: 14
RE: Status - 9/20/2020 5:39:43 PM   
Peter Fisla

I'm currently working with Paullus to see if I can fix some remaining bugs.

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 9/20/2020 5:40:15 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 15
RE: Status - 9/21/2020 9:55:22 AM   
wodin

Health comes first mate😉👌

Post #: 16
RE: Status - 9/21/2020 12:25:28 PM   
Peter Fisla

Of course 100%

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 17
RE: Status - 9/21/2020 2:48:22 PM   
rmmwilg

quote:

I'm currently working with Paullus to see if I can fix some remaining bugs.

That would be wonderful Peter, but yes, stay well first. Continuing to pray for ya :)

< Message edited by rmmwilg -- 9/21/2020 2:57:16 PM >

Post #: 18
RE: Status - 9/21/2020 3:58:19 PM   
Peter Fisla

Thank You rmmwilg for your wishes!

(in reply to rmmwilg)
Post #: 19
RE: Status - 9/21/2020 4:05:29 PM   
rmmwilg

Appreciate all your hard work to get the game to where it's at my friend
Don't suppose you've ever considered selling the source code at some later date?

Post #: 20
RE: Status - 9/22/2020 5:31:12 PM   
Peter Fisla

Sorry but no, I'm not selling my source code...I don't even know who would be interested in such a thing. This game is my heart and soul, I love it. If I can, I will be working on it as long as I can.

(in reply to rmmwilg)
Post #: 21
RE: Status - 9/23/2020 12:00:44 AM   
Big Ivan

quote:

Sorry but no, I'm not selling my source code...I don't even know who would be interested in such a thing. This game is my heart and soul, I love it. If I can, I will be working on it as long as I can.

+1 Peter, I hear ya!!

Post #: 22
RE: Status - 9/23/2020 3:55:47 AM   
rmmwilg

quote:

Well, ya never know, but given how much effort has gone into it, I sincerely do understand. I hope I didn't offend with the question; it was a curiosity sparked by other posts that I've seen over time offering their input to the programming.

Post #: 23
RE: Status - 9/24/2020 4:07:20 PM   
fuselex

source code , one of the 3 asl mmp`s or whatever expressed interest in talking with you in a forum

(in reply to rmmwilg)
Post #: 24
RE: Status - 9/25/2020 12:36:00 AM   
Big Ivan

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuselex

source code , one of the 3 asl mmp`s or whatever expressed interest in talking with you in a forum

I'm not too much in tune with this interest on the forum, wherever that is. So be it.

But when I go to MMP, it seems there is a lot of ASL modules and support stuff out of print! Plus a lot of it is grossly overpriced IMHO. Opps hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings, just saying...

Not sure I want them involved with the source code for Tigers on the Hunt.

Regards,
Big Ivan

(in reply to fuselex)
Post #: 25
RE: Status - 12/4/2020 6:24:34 AM   
ColRosenberger

Glad you're doing better Peter, sad to hear you haven't been programming since. I hope you can fully recover and keep on living a happy life and pursuing your dreams.

My selfish wish would be to see this game grow a lot more and get a better scalable UI, better AI, and implementation of more ASL rules as well as more user visibility of what goes under the hood (I've always wanted to see the dice rolls, for that tabletop feeling). If not in the current engine, at least in a sequel. If MMP are finally interested, having the official ASL name would surely open some doors (though this kind of partnership has to be approached with extreme caution). But take care of your health first!

Re: the source code, I completely understand why you wouldn't want to sell it. Thinking more long-term though, I've always believed that all software published should be required to have the source code in escrow somewhere so it gets released to the public eventually (at the latest when copyright expires). In the same spirit that a copy of every published book is sent to the Library of Congress in the US. Unfortunately the norm tends to be the opposite, that source code gets lost (like happened to Heroes of Might and Magic III, expansions were excluded from the graphics remake because of the lack of source code). I hope you have provisions in place so that the source code of such a work of art as Tigers on the Hunt won't get lost and will eventually revert to the public.

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 26
RE: Status - 12/4/2020 1:01:01 PM   
rmmwilg

(in reply to ColRosenberger)
Post #: 27
RE: Status - 12/5/2020 1:18:13 AM   
Rusty1961

quote:

Hi All,

You may have noticed that I haven't been around since the time after May 22th, 2019. I very much apologize for that. Unfortunately, I had a stroke. I had been in a hospital until June 27th 2019. Since then I have mostly focused on my health. I’m doing alright now but I haven’t done any programming since then. I’m not sure what the future holds but my health is very important to me.

I’m very happy that I was able to publish the game. And I’m also very glad and grateful for Jorgen’s support and contribution. I’m glad that I was able to give something to the wargame community, this game project of mine was a big dream come true. I can’t believe that we now have over 550 user made scenarios, this is truly incredible and I’m completely speechless. I met very nice people here and I very much thank you all for that and wish you all the best.

God speed, Peter.

Post #: 28
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Status Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI