Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Planet generation for more raiders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Planet generation for more raiders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Planet generation for more raiders - 7/13/2020 1:26:33 AM   
sinbuster

Hey all,

Using the most recent beta (for 1.04) and I like the new History Class options. I've been trying to roll a map with more minors and to make them generally more aggressive but every time I end up with very few if any raiders.

I've selected Severe Violence and Survival Stress. The former says to expect more dangerous AI regimes and the latter says to expect many regimes to be present. Do these only affect major regimes?

I tried large siwa planets with earth-like atmospheres, good nutrition for alien tissue (for more hunters presumably) and large pre-war populations. Ideally, I'd like a mix of scavengers, farmers, raiders, and hunters but it always ends up mostly scavengers (so more neutral territory - not ideal) with some farmers and hunters. Raiders are always like 1 or 0 per cent. Are they only prevalent in dry, barren worlds?

On the topic of planet generation, there really needs to be a "back a step" button so I don't have to restart from scratch every time.
Post #: 1
RE: Planet generation for more raiders - 7/13/2020 9:37:17 AM   
scottrossi

I've found that for raiders, you need bad nutrition, large pops, and i feel like less water, mossy and shrub worlds spawn more raiders as well.

(in reply to sinbuster)
Post #: 2
RE: Planet generation for more raiders - 7/13/2020 10:21:28 AM   
ramnblam

On both my Cerberus and boreal planet gens it was like over 80% raiders. Give those a shot.

(in reply to scottrossi)
Post #: 3
RE: Planet generation for more raiders - 7/13/2020 10:23:05 AM   
demiare

quote:

ORIGINAL: sinbuster

I've selected Severe Violence and Survival Stress. The former says to expect more dangerous AI regimes and the latter says to expect many regimes to be present. Do these only affect major regimes?

No, it doesn't affect major regimes. I'd used Robinson, Severe Violence and Survival Stress on Siwa planet - 85% of population are raiders and my guns are drowning in their bodies

(in reply to sinbuster)
Post #: 4
RE: Planet generation for more raiders - 7/13/2020 11:33:23 AM   
sinbuster

Thanks guys, I'll give those a try. I think I might have to wait for 1.05 however, my turn times are just atrocious with the current beta - like 5X worse than before. The same goes for planet generation. The game seems to really hang up when it's calculating precipitation. When I reinstalled with 1.04 everything was much faster. Anyone else experiencing this?

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 5
RE: Planet generation for more raiders - 7/13/2020 11:57:16 AM   
demiare

quote:

Anyone else experiencing this?

No, for me beta6-7 without any Major regimes finally became playable. Still slow as a snail but not making me mad.

(in reply to sinbuster)
Post #: 6
RE: Planet generation for more raiders - 7/13/2020 4:36:32 PM   
Beorn

quote:

Thanks guys, I'll give those a try. I think I might have to wait for 1.05 however, my turn times are just atrocious with the current beta - like 5X worse than before. The same goes for planet generation. The game seems to really hang up when it's calculating precipitation. When I reinstalled with 1.04 everything was much faster. Anyone else experiencing this?

quote:

my turn times are just atrocious with the current beta - like 5X worse than before.

I found that using "Survival Stress" had dramatically longer wait times. Could be coincidence, but it would make sense, if there are many more factions.

(in reply to sinbuster)
Post #: 7
RE: Planet generation for more raiders - 7/13/2020 6:28:16 PM   
GI Seve

I started current game on beta6 extreme difficulty,slowed down research, severe violence, survival stress and alien life settings on. Managed to generate world with 8 major AI and dozen minor AI humans of whom most are raider nations with towns. Then got rolls on native fauna and got roll on big carnivores.

Game has been literal siege war from the start slowly trying to pacify all the scary raiders (who at start have way better stacks than I can manage). The planet has horrible roaming monster animal stacks of 40 of the "weaker herbivore" called Terniambly (153hp 58hvyatt 58 soft att) and then the carnivorous Unichordata 222hp 90 hvyatt 90/174 soft att... they literally rolfstomp my troops if they stumble to my tiny area.

By turn 38 2/8 of the Major AI nations are dead (both killed by roaming animal monsters & raiders attacking them that I observed with my spies) and third major AI is under siege on his capital just waiting for the coup de grace.

All in all the new settings can make for interesting survival of the fittest scenario... tho end turn wait is kinda long with so many factions.

< Message edited by GI Seve -- 7/13/2020 6:34:32 PM >

HallelujaaGobble!

(in reply to Beorn)
Post #: 8
RE: Planet generation for more raiders - 7/13/2020 10:00:47 PM   
sinbuster

You know, I never even thought to check how many majors there were in my beta game. It makes a lot of sense. I was playing a large planet size with probably a bunch of minors as well. I'll give the beta another shot, those extra options are hard to pass up.

(in reply to GI Seve)
Post #: 9
RE: Planet generation for more raiders - 7/14/2020 8:13:52 AM   
Sieppo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ramnblam

On both my Cerberus and boreal planet gens it was like over 80% raiders. Give those a shot.

Yeah my recent game on a Boreas class was full with very aggressive minors and raiders and mutants.

(in reply to ramnblam)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Planet generation for more raiders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI