Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

August Update (A little late).

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> August Update (A little late). Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
August Update (A little late). - 8/4/2003 8:17:35 AM   
Marshall Ellis

Hey all:

Sorry for the late update but we're testing at a feverish pitch and I just moved and was disconnected from the world for a while so if it seemed that we're neglecting you ... we apologize BUT I assure you we weren't.

Our entire EIA development network (Server, 2 desktops, Linux Box and 2 Laptops) was physically moved to our new "lab". We're just greatful that we're now back up and fully operational (And yes we did this while it was 102F outside).

Well, we're still working on the AI and PBEM. I'm currently working on getting a computer player to play in PBEM. This was something you guys DEFINITELY wanted so we're working to get it done!

The testers are killing me! These guys are great and are finding every issue. No bug can hide from these guys. My thanks to them AGAIN.

Again apologies for the lack of information but now that we're playtesting the demand for our time has doubled. We're having to switch from design-code to bug-fix then back to design-code. It's quite challenging but we'll try to keep everyone more up to date.

Thanks again everybody!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Post #: 1
- 8/4/2003 6:23:08 PM   
YohanTM2

Thanks Marshall,

You guys have been very forthcoming and I look forward to the game arriving.

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 2
- 8/4/2003 8:45:34 PM   
mmurray821

Thanks for the update!

It is nice to see a developer working to make a great product and listen to customer feedback. Keep plugging away at it and take your time. We want a polished game!! :D

Post #: 3
- 8/4/2003 8:59:41 PM   
Le Tondu

Welcome back Marshall.

Go testers go!

Vive l'Empereur!

Post #: 4
Release? - 8/5/2003 12:27:27 AM   
ABP

Nice to hear from you again, Marshall.

"Gamerswanted" has the following info about EiA on their coming games site:

"Publisher: Matrix Games
Genre: Strategy
Release Date: [B]10/14/2003 [/B]
ESRB: N/A
Description:
Empires in Arms - Napoleonic Wars of 1805-1815 is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms - Napoleonic Wars of 1805-1815 is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. It is playable either solitaire, by e-mail or over the Internet against other players. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options to allow players complete freedom to fight it out for control of Europe.
Requirements:
Windows 95 / 98 /Me / 2000 /XP; Pentium 500 MHz CPU; 64 MB of RAM; 16 MB graphics card; Soundcard 100% DirectX 8.1 comp.; 150 MB of free hard drive space; 8x CD-ROM; DirectX 8.1"

Is the release date they state complete fiction, or is it close to something real?

Post #: 5
- 8/5/2003 12:57:55 AM   
denisonh

Thanks for the bones Marshall.

Keep up the fire.

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

Post #: 6
- 8/5/2003 1:34:27 AM   
John Umber

Keep going, we can wait a little longer...
weeks, months, but please not years...

I am looking forward as usual for this game.

Thanks for the information!

John Umber

Post #: 7
- 8/5/2003 6:50:59 AM   
Pippin

Since Linux had been mentioned, I am curious if the thought of porting a version to this format had been discussed.

Nelson stood on deck and observed as the last of the Spanish fleets sank below the waves…

Post #: 8
Re: Release? - 8/5/2003 8:13:12 AM   
Le Tondu

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ABP
[B]Nice to hear from you again, Marshall.

"Gamerswanted" has the following info about EiA on their coming games site:

"Publisher: Matrix Games
Genre: Strategy
Release Date: [B]10/14/2003 [/B]
ESRB: N/A
Description:
Empires in Arms - Napoleonic Wars of 1805-1815 is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms - Napoleonic Wars of 1805-1815 is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. It is playable either solitaire, by e-mail or over the Internet against other players. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options to allow players complete freedom to fight it out for control of Europe.
Requirements:
Windows 95 / 98 /Me / 2000 /XP; Pentium 500 MHz CPU; 64 MB of RAM; 16 MB graphics card; Soundcard 100% DirectX 8.1 comp.; 150 MB of free hard drive space; 8x CD-ROM; DirectX 8.1"

Is the release date they state complete fiction, or is it close to something real? [/B][/QUOTE]

WOW! Many thanks to you ABP. You've done a miracle. Good job.

Vive l'Empereur!

Post #: 9
A few answers ... - 8/5/2003 9:05:40 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Hey all:

Thanks for the posts and keep'em comin...

ABP:

That may have come from David Heath but I don't think so! It did not come from the development team and frankly we don't discuss exact dates with each other because we all know that we'll get it out ASAP and not a day later.

Pippin:

Don't have LINUX on the schedule. This may sound a little funny but much of my "crash sensative code" is developed on LINUX simply because if during testing, the program crashes then I can simply fire up a new session and NOT have to reboot a machine. I do this to simply save a little time. This is NOT a slam at Microsoft but a personal time saver on my part. BTW: Porting wouldn't be too difficult (NO, I'm not offering to do it!) since much of EIA's non-graphical code was developed on LINUX.

All:

Don't know the exact release date guys! Sorry about that but I wouldn't be too surprised if we slipped a bit into mid-fall. I know, I know we're a bit late BUT I would rather you be anxious now than ticked-off at an unstable game released too early!

Thank you

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Post #: 10
Re: A few answers ... - 8/6/2003 12:04:11 AM   
mmurray821

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marshall Ellis
[B]Don't know the exact release date guys! Sorry about that but I wouldn't be too surprised if we slipped a bit into mid-fall. I know, I know we're a bit late BUT I would rather you be anxious now than ticked-off at an unstable game released too early! [/B][/QUOTE]

AMEN!!!!

Post #: 11
Re: A few answers ... - 8/6/2003 2:57:57 PM   
von Murrin

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marshall Ellis
[B]Don't know the exact release date guys! Sorry about that but I wouldn't be too surprised if we slipped a bit into mid-fall. I know, I know we're a bit late BUT I would rather you be anxious now than ticked-off at an unstable game released too early![/B][/QUOTE]

Better late than beta. ;)

Sounds like you're doing just fine.

I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!

Post #: 12
Re: Re: A few answers ... - 8/12/2003 1:27:31 PM   
Supervisor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by von Murrin
[B]Better late than beta. ;)

[/B][/QUOTE]

No, better beta than late :) :) :)

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> August Update (A little late). Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI