Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Naval Support not showing up on Base screen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Naval Support not showing up on Base screen Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Naval Support not showing up on Base screen - 8/7/2020 7:13:01 PM   
Pentakomo

Tweaks dont affect gameplay like 5 days unloading transport in port size 3 or disabled brigade during amphibious assault on atoll.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 31
RE: Naval Support not showing up on Base screen - 8/7/2020 7:45:46 PM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

Alfred - it probably is a bug (although personally I think it makes size (0) ports less useful and is thus beneficial), but it absolutely was not introduced by the beta patch. v1.01.26a is the last official release, and it has exactly the same issue.

I can say that I absolutely disagree with this as I didn't have the bug in 1126a. I'm one of those who does't like to patch while I have a game in progress. Been that way with me always, no matter what is said about it not affecting the in progress play.

As far as I can tell the 'bug' was introduced when the Allied unrep code was corrected. Before that Allied TF's would not reload their heavy ammo while as sea. Took a long time for this one to come out as I'm sure not many games got to '45. In those that did I don't know why it wasn't brought up. That is until the 'Moose' did so.

At the time I had an AI game going and I was not taking it to '45 so I didn't care. All SPS(0) ports had NS support where applicable. By the time I loaded up 1126b and noticed the lack at these bases support had already been withdrawn.

All I can surmise for this disparity is that since 1126b was a 'beta', and we all know that some people hear that word and brush it off, the fix for the 'unrep' was incorporated into the 'latest official' patch, which would now include 1126a in patch 7.

Does this make sense, or did I just make things clear as mud.

< Message edited by rustysi -- 8/7/2020 7:48:55 PM >

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 32
RE: Naval Support not showing up on Base screen - 8/7/2020 8:03:00 PM   
rustysi

BTW, now that I think of it, this also seems to be where AKE's got their ability to 'add'. See before this correction for the 'unrep' I could only reload my Yamato's at an appropriate sized port, or one with a large enough port plus NS, as Japan didn't have an AKE large enough to do the reload. Now if I have multiple AKE's in any port they reload. C'est la vie.

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 33
RE: Naval Support not showing up on Base screen - 8/7/2020 8:11:54 PM   
Nomad

You are wrong because the bug is in the 1126a version

Version 1124, scenario 1, Lahnai.
Naval Support = 28

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 34
RE: Naval Support not showing up on Base screen - 8/7/2020 8:12:49 PM   
Nomad

Version 1126a, scenario 1, Lahani

Naval Support = 0, not shown.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 35
RE: Naval Support not showing up on Base screen - 8/7/2020 9:49:32 PM   
BBfanboy

It looks to me that 1126a did not have the bug until it was updated with most of the Beta code and made official. I did not use 1126a before it became official but I do now and I can also confirm that it does not show NS at SPS (0) ports.
I don't know why some of you think this is a good thing. Naval Support for unloading is stevedores and lighters which should benefit even a dot base. There are many places in the game where there is good potential for an airfield but (0) for the port, but it should be possible to set up a port with enough engineers and supplies. It is painfully slow, but IRL the US showed it could build facilities most anywhere.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 36
RE: Naval Support not showing up on Base screen - 8/8/2020 6:49:58 AM   
rustysi

quote:

It looks to me that 1126a did not have the bug until it was updated with most of the Beta code and made official.

Exactly what I am saying.

quote:

I don't know why some of you think this is a good thing. Naval Support for unloading is stevedores and lighters which should benefit even a dot base.

I'm not saying this, all I'm saying is that by the time I noticed it the Dev support was pulled from the project and nothing could be done. TBH, we had Dev support for how long? Ever see that with any other game program. We are where we are and that's that.

Its still the best game for the price anywhere.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 37
RE: Naval Support not showing up on Base screen - 8/8/2020 9:02:39 AM   
Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull
All ports which have a base level of (0) will never utilize Naval support

This.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 38
RE: Naval Support not showing up on Base screen - 8/9/2020 5:51:35 AM   
Pentakomo

quote:

"Well hell, I WANT Nav support at my size (0) ports! Somebody tell me how to get a copy of v1124!"

Version 1124 still available for download

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 39
RE: Naval Support not showing up on Base screen - 12/5/2021 4:51:26 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

Fix for ports with no potential to show 0 naval support/ shore parties

Is the issue around that NS is no longer shown at 0(0) ports? Even though it was never used.
This is a long time back but I think this was suppressed because the NS/SP is not used in these locations. There is supposedly no infrastructure to support a port.
That said once you start building up the port 1(0), then the NS/SP should be useable.
[Okay don't quote me exactly as it has been over 5 years since I last looked at AE. I need to refresh myself with the nuisances of the code.]

Michael

(in reply to Pentakomo)
Post #: 40
RE: Naval Support not showing up on Base screen - 12/5/2021 7:51:56 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm75au

quote:

Is the issue around that NS is no longer shown at 0(0) ports? Even though it was never used.
This is a long time back but I think this was suppressed because the NS/SP is not used in these locations. There is supposedly no infrastructure to support a port.
That said once you start building up the port 1(0), then the NS/SP should be useable.
[Okay don't quote me exactly as it has been over 5 years since I last looked at AE. I need to refresh myself with the nuisances of the code.]

This was discussed in the past year and tested by a couple of players - if the base has a Port SPS of (0), naval support never helps even if you build a port there. I gather it was not intended to be that way, but it is a known feature that affects both sides, and few players want to make big base with a port max size of 3. Not worth the effort to fix IMO.

EDIT to ADD: What was discussed and tested was unloading rates. NS might still help with repair of damaged ships.

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 12/5/2021 7:53:45 AM >

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 41
RE: Naval Support not showing up on Base screen - 12/5/2021 8:38:13 AM   
Yaab

michaelm75au, long time, no hear!

I for once would like to see this NS port0(0) bug quashed. Right now there is too much mental gymnastics of sorting the ports by their potential NS availibility.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 42
RE: Naval Support not showing up on Base screen - 12/5/2021 1:52:38 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm75au

quote:

I ran a test (with screenshots) which proves conclusively that Naval Support does not assist with unloading in Size (0) ports, even if they are built up. See this post and the two which follow.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Naval Support not showing up on Base screen Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI