Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/19/2020 1:25:24 AM   
deaniks

March 17,
not much is happening right now some some Aussie brigades spawned in Colombo a few turns ago and I just picked them up and moving them to Indian proper as i fear a future invasion of Ceylon might be here quicker then I think

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 31
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/19/2020 1:37:21 AM   
deaniks

so once the Charlotte and enterprise meet up with Yorktown I think I want to try a raid on either port Morsbey or Rabaul will recon over the next several day since enterprise has to go back to Sydney also there might be a few carriers stationed at truk or some other base since I haven't seen any raids in the south pacific in a while. ik there was atleast 2 carriers mabey 3 plus a cvl or something in India he might have his whole main carrier fleet there with a small portion in south pacific this raid will hopefully draw a conclusion on where he has what stationed

Attachment (1)

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 32
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/20/2020 2:39:57 AM   
deaniks

March 18,
so invasion of Ceylon showed up he landed at Jaffna his ships are his carriers at least 4 carriers and a couple cvls maybe my battle fleet leaving Ceylon lost the Ramillies and the othe 2 bb's i had are damaged resolution looks like a goner and will be sunk but the revenge might survive also some of the transports carrying the Aussie bridges were sunk and lost about 6k men from it still around 10k left most likely he will send his carriers after them and the rest will be sunk

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by deaniks -- 8/20/2020 2:40:10 AM >

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 33
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/20/2020 2:33:10 PM   
Bif1961

A classic case of our opponent running on his own time table and plan. What to do, what to do?

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 34
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/21/2020 1:19:10 AM   
deaniks

ya well right now there isnt much i have the enterprise meeting the Yorktown at Sydney planning for a raid near port morseby i would say about a in game week and its march 21 so i would say around the 28th my raid should start also with apirl nearing my opponent wont be able to do as many landings as before so he trying to rush and land every he can before it runs out

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 35
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/21/2020 1:25:07 AM   
Anachro

I would advise against revealing your hand needlessly as to where your carriers are. Not to say that you shouldn't conduct raids where his KB is not, but pick your targets so as to get some transactional value from it. Giving your opponent knowledge of your CV location is valuable, you should be accomplishing some goal to do it. Have you noticed areas/ports of high enemy activity? Have you sent DD/CLs skirting around the CenPac and even Japan to find gaps in Japan's naval search coverage? In one of my past games, I was able to sneak up on Truk and launch a port strike due to finding and using such gaps, I have even tried '42 and '43 raids on Tokyo, though without success in terms of not being discovered early.

Rather than just throwing your CVs at Port Moresby, which could very well turn out to be nothing, pick your target for such a raid carefully and try to get some enemy ships in the process.

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 36
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/21/2020 2:14:40 AM   
RangerJoe

In his famous campaign, Greyjoy was able to sneak an invasion into Hokkaido in 1944 . . .

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 37
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/22/2020 12:48:45 AM   
deaniks

ya the only way i would raid port morsbey if there was anything there seems like nothing is there atm i might run a ca bombardment up there and see what that accomplish and have some other ships scouting around seeing whats where and what i can do

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 38
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/22/2020 12:59:06 AM   
deaniks

ya also most of my dd's are now upgrading so i wont be able to do anything for a while forgot to upgrade them earlier

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 39
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/22/2020 3:50:24 AM   
deaniks

bin kind of busy lately so not posting much on here since being busy and actually nothing really happening in the game so i thought i give a little update on whats happening. Carriers that were raiding the west coast of India seem to be moving back to port for refueling the Ceylon invasion is going so its properly going to take him at least another 2 weeks to clean it up by them its just a matter of time before he invades some where else in India. Bases are getting engs and other units to help defend/build them up and units and planes from Aussie are going to India as we speak might try an route them through cape town then to Karachi to avoid Ceylon but that might take to long and i might just try my luck going super close to the edge of the map will see.

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 40
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/22/2020 4:06:45 AM   
deaniks

so here's some long term plans depending on how everything goes every where else. so the plan is around September or October after some more ships and troops arrive I would like to invade these three bases. Tulagi as it's a decent port and putting some support ships there can help repair minor damage and a decent supplying area since the port level can be 7, the island to the right of Tulagi Russel island has the ability of being a level 7 airbase were I can put what long range fighters i have but more importantly my heavy and medium bomber's can now bomb Rabaul and possibly truk then Tagula island as another fighter/bomber base for rabaul and then port morsbey

Attachment (1)

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 41
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/22/2020 10:27:12 PM   
Bif1961

Many times, The Japanese take Diego Garcia after Ceylon to try and cutoff your forces coming in from Cape Town. That might be his next target before the clock runs out on the amphibious bonus.

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 42
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/22/2020 11:18:04 PM   
ChuckBerger

Usually I wouldn't post something like this ... I'm not a spelling snob or anything. But it's in the actual title of your AAR. So, with reluctance, here goes: "in tatters" means "shredded"; "in taters" means "inside potatoes".

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 43
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/23/2020 12:21:45 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChuckBerger

Usually I wouldn't post something like this ... I'm not a spelling snob or anything. But it's in the actual title of your AAR. So, with reluctance, here goes: "in tatters" means "shredded"; "in taters" means "inside potatoes".

So they are stuffed or twice baked!

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to ChuckBerger)
Post #: 44
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/23/2020 1:10:04 AM   
deaniks

so he actually invaded Cochin this turn with what few days he has left there is still about 5 days left so he can still invade it with small forces but hopefully he doesn't

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 45
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/23/2020 1:12:32 AM   
deaniks

ya sorry about the mix up i was really hungry when I wrote this and I guess I had taters stuck in my head instead of tatters

< Message edited by deaniks -- 8/23/2020 1:13:30 AM >

(in reply to ChuckBerger)
Post #: 46
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/24/2020 11:43:13 PM   
deaniks

still busy as ever so post are going to be every couple turns and i will summarize what i do between those turns for a while until things calm down when school and stuff is over

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 47
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/24/2020 11:54:10 PM   
deaniks

so a a recap over the last couple turn's a small carrier versus land aircraft battle happened one carrier got torped and will be out of commission for like a month or two will hopefully be available for when the wasp arrives then I can start prepping my ships for my invasion planned late august early September if things go well.
Next i bombarded port Morsbey with a small cruiser task force not much damage done but that's since most of my dd's were out of commission and i didn't want a Hugh task force for subs to pick once the rest of my cruiser upgrade start upgrading tomorrow i will gather more ships and start doing more bombardments of his islands/bases to get ideas what he has in the south pacific plus get more recon to luganville to start the recon of the bases i want to hit with other bases to delude what i might have planned

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 48
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/24/2020 11:59:48 PM   
deaniks

so this is what I've seen for Perth so far the thing i circled red is what i believe to be true the other one's i believe are diversions for the India invasion

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by deaniks -- 8/25/2020 12:01:17 AM >

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 49
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/25/2020 12:04:12 AM   
deaniks

Morning Air attack on Calcutta , at 52,37

Weather in hex: Light rain

Raid spotted at 44 NM, estimated altitude 19,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 14 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 21

Allied aircraft
Hurricane I Trop x 11
Hurricane IIa Trop x 12
Hurricane IIb Trop x 15

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 5 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
Hurricane I Trop: 2 destroyed
Hurricane IIb Trop: 4 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x A6M2 Zero sweeping at 15000 feet

some really nice air trades for me

Ground combat at Tezpur (60,36)

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 7323 troops, 108 guns, 98 vehicles, Assault Value = 324

Defending force 716 troops, 3 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 9

Allied adjusted assault: 21

Japanese adjusted defense: 3

Allied assault odds: 7 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: preparation(-)
Attacker: shock(+), disruption(-)

Japanese ground losses:
253 casualties reported
Squads: 7 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 6 destroyed, 2 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Units retreated 1

Allied ground losses:
5 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Defeated Japanese Units Retreating!

Assaulting units:
7th Armoured Brigade
23rd Indian Division

Defending units:
2nd Raiding Regiment

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 50
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/25/2020 12:05:27 AM   
deaniks

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 27514 troops, 116 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 735

Defending force 672 troops, 4 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 27

Allied adjusted assault: 728

Japanese adjusted defense: 1

Allied assault odds: 728 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(+), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
960 casualties reported
Squads: 33 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 22 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 4 (4 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units destroyed 1

Allied ground losses:
16 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled

Assaulting units:
18th Chinese Corps
99th Chinese Corps

Defending units:
9th RGC Route Brigade

Also some nice land battle's for me moved a tile forward in china and was able to kill this brigade nice victory the chinese propaganda

< Message edited by deaniks -- 8/25/2020 12:11:02 AM >

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 51
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/25/2020 2:24:56 AM   
deaniks

most days i won't post twice but since i don't work early tomorrow i will.
Apirl, 1st
the Carrier formidable arrived in Perth today got torped on its way in for a whopping 4 sys 7 eng damage got really lucky with this or that would mean formidable and Yorktown out of commission for a few months also more sweeps happening in India like usual think i'll turn off my planes this turn to let them rest and maybe soul think he can start bombing don't know

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 52
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/25/2020 2:29:28 AM   
deaniks

so that task-force circled is the 3 divs i'm trying to send to India so here a question what I did in red is the planned route i want to take to get to Goa or Karachi to avoid possible carrier's near Capetown without getting to close to Ceylon or take the long way and go off map then go up to Goa or Karachi that way?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by deaniks -- 8/25/2020 2:30:05 AM >

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 53
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/25/2020 2:32:01 AM   
deaniks

more near Perth is a task force with 25 american air units intended for Aussie but now redirected towards India should i take the same path as this task force or go a different way?

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 54
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/25/2020 3:15:48 AM   
Evoken

I would suggest Capetown > Karachi way as he controls a few airfields at Ceylon you should be in torpedo range if he brings any Betties

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 55
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/25/2020 4:04:06 AM   
deaniks

ya that's most likley what i will end up doing

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 56
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/27/2020 3:08:45 PM   
Bif1961

I would say all those SIGINT hist, which seem to be China based units are either false to throw you off or forward planning when he conquers China.

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 57
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/29/2020 1:12:29 AM   
deaniks

ya i would agree with that still two divs are in Aussie encase anything happens plus they are planning for future operations

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 58
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/29/2020 1:17:18 AM   
deaniks

April 12, not much has happened the last couple turns lots of sweeps over India lots of dead British fighters but the american ones will be showing up within the month so they will boaster the defenses of India

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 59
RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) - 8/29/2020 1:24:58 AM   
deaniks

I've also started moving brigades and support units to Hawaii for invasion plans coming later this year with planning building on them all i need to do now when i feel its close enough to that time and transports will be moved into place and units will load and move to Aussie to gather up and then launch from there

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: (RA) Allies in Taters Deaniks(A) vs Soulsilver(J) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI