Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some questions on planet generation & leader happiness

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Some questions on planet generation & leader happiness Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some questions on planet generation & leader happiness - 9/4/2020 12:50:59 PM   
qxel

Hello everyone,

First, a BIG "THANKS YOU, Vic" for this extraordinary game! Maybe one day, it will replace Dominions as my most played game ;o)

I have some interrogations about diverse things.

On Limo planets generation:

1) Maybe it is bad luck but I have very difficult time finding a Limo-class planet without insidious Atmos hazard & deadly Xenobio hazard... I wanted something like Imperfect/Insufficient + Irritant but no luck...
Does Limo-class planet can't have some human-friendly atmos & less aggressive Xenobio? (I have forced alien life)

2) Another very strange (and somehow idiot) thing: the Limo-class planets I have rolled have very strange impossible alien crops: despite the alien open sky farming advice, the crops have temperature ranges (ideal around -32°) totally incompatible with the temperature range of the planet (mini temp is around 0°C), making impossible to farm (no problem, there is domes) but most of all, making this kind of plant absolutely impossible even to exist on the planet! Is it by design or a bug?
No problem if I can't sky farm, but the impossible existence of these plants bother me a lot :oD

3) Last thing on planet generation: I began on a strangely generated planet (a Limo-class, by the way): just beside (2 hexes) of another minor city (I know this is already feedbacked), with a road between the cities, and no other roads! Never saw that before. Is it possible or something goes wrong with the generation and should be reported as a bug? (can not attach image yet - quarantine...)

Last question, on Leaders happiness.
4) Here too, maybe it is bad luck, but I neverwas able to keep my secretary happy, whatever her/his governement profile preferences were...
Is it me or chance, or are you experiencing more or less the same?

Thanks in advance for you answers.

I will post other questions on the master topic of this game (logistic!), but later.

Q'Xel

P.S.: pardon my poor English writing; I'm not a native English speaker.

< Message edited by qxel -- 9/4/2020 12:52:17 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Some questions on planet generation & leader happiness - 9/4/2020 1:12:09 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

quote:

ORIGINAL: qxel
3) Last thing on planet generation: I began on a strangely generated planet (a Limo-class, by the way): just beside (2 hexes) of another minor city (I know this is already feedbacked), with a road between the cities, and no other roads! Never saw that before. Is it possible or something goes wrong with the generation and should be reported as a bug? (can not attach image yet - quarantine...)

There were no roads surrounding my starting city in my ongoing game, but it seemed to be because it was a very thinly populated planet with few regimes mostly separated by huge stretches of wilderness.

(in reply to qxel)
Post #: 2
RE: Some questions on planet generation & leader happiness - 9/4/2020 1:26:34 PM   
qxel

quote:

Soar_Slitherine said:

There were no roads surrounding my starting city in my ongoing game, but it seemed to be because it was a very thinly populated planet with few regimes mostly separated by huge stretches of wilderness.

I didn't notice this before, but I have started in more crowded areas, so, it make sense.

It may be the case also here. The 2 cities are isolated in a middle of a big desert. Another minor is way south in this desert, and have almost no road too. Some empires are regrouped north and seem to have some road connections.
On another hand, some empire are connected through a similary big desert area by a big straight road, so...
Whatever, it doesn't seem to be a bug. I will have to manage this, no problem.

Thanks.

Q'Xel

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: Some questions on planet generation & leader happiness - 9/4/2020 1:57:21 PM   
andyinkuwait

Pay your secretary more to increase your relationship with him/her you can call your secretary to change pay for any leadership position.

Check your management screen for leaders to see their 'natural relationship' with you and try and get this above 50 to avoid negative consequences. Actual relationship gravitates to your natural relationship over time.

(in reply to qxel)
Post #: 4
RE: Some questions on planet generation & leader happiness - 9/4/2020 2:51:38 PM   
qxel

quote:

andyinkuwait said:

Pay your secretary more to increase your relationship with him/her you can call your secretary to change pay for any leadership position.

You are right: I should probably play more with leaders' salaries. I tend to adjust them at the beginning of the game and barely touch them after that. Bad move I think.

quote:

andyinkuwait said:

Check your management screen for leaders to see their 'natural relationship'

I'm beginning to realize that the natural relationship is way more important than the Actual one. This is the center point of the leaders relationship, so it's useless to try to please a leader if, whatever you do, he will never stay happy.

Thanks for pointing that to me. It is somehow obvious, but there is so much things to manage (and learn) at the same time, that I come to neglect some of them ;o) And this is NOT good in a game with a lot of systems interacting with (and within) each others like this one.
I am used to complex games, but I have to admit that Shadow Empire bring a lot of unusual things to me. And this is very pleasant and refreshing ;o) It boosts up my brain :oD

Q'Xel

(in reply to andyinkuwait)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Some questions on planet generation & leader happiness Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI