Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mountain Infantry?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Mountain Infantry? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mountain Infantry? - 9/25/2020 10:01:42 PM   
DadDM

Hello, everyone! I've been going through the tutorial, and reading the manual, but just CANNOT find out what difference there is with Mtn.Inf. vs Inf. Yes, I know the difference, but am wondering what the mechanics are, game-wise.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Mountain Infantry? - 9/26/2020 11:22:33 PM   
lancer

Hi DadDM,

The divisions are made of up individual components which you can see on the bottom bar. Mountain infantry are essentially a light infantry division. While you could expect them to have enhanced abilities in mountains the effect of this is well below the scale of the game.

At the time of Barbarossa they were predominately used as a normal infantry division, just one with a bit less gear than normal.

Cheers,
Cameron

(in reply to DadDM)
Post #: 2
RE: Mountain Infantry? - 12/6/2020 12:16:32 AM   
Rusty1961

quote:

ORIGINAL: DadDM

Hello, everyone! I've been going through the tutorial, and reading the manual, but just CANNOT find out what difference there is with Mtn.Inf. vs Inf. Yes, I know the difference, but am wondering what the mechanics are, game-wise.

Thanks!

Stalin abhorred any "elite" formations at the beginning of the war so these formations weren't given any special weapons. Of course that changed as the war progressed.

(in reply to DadDM)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Mountain Infantry? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI