Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OP Penalties

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> OP Penalties Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OP Penalties - 8/9/2003 11:46:38 PM   
DonStone

I'm having trouble matching up the OP penalties calculated in the game with my understanding of the rules in the manual. Several issues off the top of my head:

0) the manual says (6.6.1) that weather gives an OPS penalty, but weather is also accounted for in the Terrain/CRT chart.

1) the manual implies that penalties are cumulative, hexes with minefields always end up '7', even if in ZOC, no matter the terrain.

2) a German-controlled woods hex (base OP penalty 4) and a German-controlled clear hex (base OP penalty 5) are in the ZOC of a two-step German unit. I'd think the penalties would be 7 and 8. But they're both 7.

3) there's one mystery hex in my current game, within Soviet control, but in the ZOC of one 3-step German unit, listed as 6. I'd think it should be 4.

Am I reading things wrong? Or is the manual out-of-date/incomplete? If so, how do OP penalties really work?
Post #: 1
- 8/12/2003 3:30:36 AM   
DonStone

bump

(in reply to DonStone)
Post #: 2
- 8/12/2003 2:42:37 PM   
Rob Gjessing

Ha ha.. no one has responded because its too hard :) Seriously, I dont have a firm understanding - well I havent really had a good look at OP penalties. I will see if I can find some time over the weekend to do an article for you. So we can all understand it a bit more.. and hopefully answer your questions..

Whoosh!

(in reply to DonStone)
Post #: 3
- 8/12/2003 8:12:50 PM   
Sonny

I thought 7 was the max penalty. So maybe that is the reason both of those you mentioned were 7 instead of one being 7 and the other 8. But I could be wrong (it happened once).:)

Not a clue about the rest of the ones you mentioned. I just let the computer decide where i can and cannot move my troops.:D

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to DonStone)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> OP Penalties Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI