Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Provide a Launcher.exe that works

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Provide a Launcher.exe that works Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Provide a Launcher.exe that works - 10/16/2020 2:42:54 AM   
chops

"For Steam users the update will be applied automatically. Matrix users can hit the check for update button on the launcher, or download the latest patch from the members area

You can read the full changelog below. Please let us know what you think about the update."

Ok, here is my feedback:

It would be really helpful if the developers of CMO developed a Launcher.exe that actually works for Windows 10 users. I am tired of jumping through the download hoops to get my game up to date. I am using a current version of Windows 10, with Windows Defender and no other antivirus installed, however, the Launcher always fails to work.

This has been brought up several times on the forum previously, and Matrix staff indicated that they have no solution. So will you guys please code a Launcher that actually works, since Matrix apparently does not have the technical know-how?

Thanks

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 10/19/2020 2:07:17 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Provide a Launcher.exe that works - 10/16/2020 8:08:45 AM   
Surtur

Hi Chops,
When you mention a launcher that works, are you referring to earlier reports about connection issues when trying to download the patch, or is something else going on?

(in reply to chops)
Post #: 2
RE: Provide a Launcher.exe that works - 10/16/2020 12:15:04 PM   
DWReese

I don't know if this is related, but I am having issues with the Launcher and Windows 10 as well.

I just purchased the new scenario. I installed the new scenario on my Windows 8 desktop with no problems. When I tried to download and install it onto my Windows 10 Laptop, it doesn't display the key or accept one if I try to type it in. I worked on it yesterday for three hours. This was true of the Aegean scenario, as well. All of the rest have worked fine. There seems to be something different in the last two LIVE scenarios and Windows 10.

Again, I don't know if this is related to the OP's post or not.

Obviously, there is no SAVE to provide.

Doug

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 3
RE: Provide a Launcher.exe that works - 10/20/2020 8:07:54 PM   
chops

Yes, I am unable to update the game using the Launcher.exe. This has been an ongoing issue for quite a long time. I am not the only one having this problem.

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 4
RE: Provide a Launcher.exe that works - 10/20/2020 9:35:58 PM   
thewood1

Not piling on, but reinforcing...I have complained about the launcher for a long time in most of my Win10 machines. In fact, Of the six I have had in three years, not one of them could update through the launcher.

(in reply to chops)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Provide a Launcher.exe that works Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI