Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire MATRIX VERSION Open Beta >> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 11/2/2020 10:20:33 AM   
Vic

@Jorgas,
Fixed in beta9. Sry for the inconvenience :/ Thanks for testing!

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Jorgas)
Post #: 511
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 11/2/2020 10:29:35 AM   
Jorgas

inconvenience is something to be expected when you do play on a beta branch, happy to help :) , thanks for fixing the issue so fast, have a good week!

< Message edited by Jorgas -- 11/2/2020 10:30:14 AM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 512
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.05-beta10 AIR FORCES (last updat... - 11/13/2020 4:36:19 PM   
Vic

Bump. Super big new patch that adds Air Forces to the game.
Please test and provide feedback.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 513
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.05-beta10 AIR FORCES (last updat... - 11/13/2020 6:20:01 PM   
DTurtle

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4910515

You screwed up a few of the file names ;)

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 514
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.05-beta10 AIR FORCES (last updat... - 11/13/2020 7:05:05 PM   
Clux

So far looks great, changing what Turtle said the game doesn't crash at the moment.

(in reply to DTurtle)
Post #: 515
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.05-beta10 AIR FORCES (last updat... - 11/14/2020 6:21:38 AM   
Destragon

Hell yes. I can't test much right now, because I'm already testing beta updates in two other games, but this sounds great already.

Edit:
I haven't tried the proper mechanics yet, but my first bit of feedback is that the model design process needs to be reworked a little. This was already a small issue beforehand, but it's become a bigger issue now that we have airplanes with 7 components.
Instead of the process being "click one of the components, get to the next screen", it should list all component choices (engine, fuel tank, weapon, etc) on one single screen and display the unit's stats on that screen, too, which should dynamically change as you select the different components. It would make designing units a lot clearer, especially with airplanes where you only get to see the statistics like operational range on the very last screen and if you don't like those stats, you have to go back all the way to the beginning, restarting the process.

< Message edited by Destragon -- 11/14/2020 9:43:23 AM >

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 516
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.05-beta10 AIR FORCES (last updat... - 11/14/2020 4:59:30 PM   
Vic

bump!
And we're already at beta11

Thanks for all the quick feedback. Its been really appreciated.

best,
vic

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 517
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.05-beta10 AIR FORCES (last updat... - 11/14/2020 5:47:24 PM   
Emx77

This was fast. Great job. 👍

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 518
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.05-beta10 AIR FORCES (last updat... - 11/14/2020 7:35:49 PM   
DasTactic

Hi Vic,
I hope you've recovered. :)

Great to see the Airforce addition to the game.

Here are a few notes while testing...
- Air tech shows up even if Air Forces disabled in planet generation. And then shows in the TECH screen outside borders.
- Air Tech Council shows up and can be selected even if Air Forces disabled.
- Show airforce viability in planet generation summary (or on atmosphere screens) (air pressure > gravity).
- Air recon graphic of explosion looks wrong.

And some other things with the game in general:
- Tech 3 start should have the player in control of Recycling/Scavenging + Truck Station/Transport Hub.
- MNG --> LEADER: Why show ‘Natural Relation Points’ at start?
- ‘Biosphere and Atmosphere’ and ‘Biosphere details’ from planet Auvillary Info in reports.
- Explain s o d c in Biosphere details.
- Scroll-wheel to scroll displays.

(in reply to Emx77)
Post #: 519
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 11/14/2020 10:27:53 PM   
Maerchen

Attention:
In order to test the new Air Forces addition you'll need to flag "Air Forces enabled" in the PLANET GENERATION setup page.

I do not see the flag option. Where is it located?

The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.

(in reply to aperfecturkel)
Post #: 520
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 11/15/2020 2:02:31 AM   
Soar_Slitherine

Very promising. This looks like it will expand the strategic depth of the game in a big way and really help make different sorts of planets feel different to play on.

Some feedback:

* Nomenclature issue: Currently, the first type of jet engine you can research in the game is called the "jet engine" and the second one the "turbojet engine". I decided to read a bit about jet engines on Wikipedia and apparently, early airbreathing jet engines were actually all already turbojet engines, so it doesn't seem like that nomenclature makes any sense. In real life most jet aviation design has moved from the early turbojets to more efficient turbofan engines.

* Particularly on planets with no atmosphere, there should be a possibility to design rocketcraft with VTOL-equivalent capability (VTVL - Vertical takeoff, vertical landing - is apparently the technical term used in the case of rockets in real life). On atmosphereless planets, this capability is otherwise unavailable since helicopters, thopters and VTOL jets need air. This seems like a highly plausible capability, as there have been experiments with related technology in real life in recent decades, and landing or launching a rocket in low gravity on an atmosphereless moon is much easier compared to Earth conditions.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Destragon
I haven't tried the proper mechanics yet, but my first bit of feedback is that the model design process needs to be reworked a little. This was already a small issue beforehand, but it's become a bigger issue now that we have airplanes with 7 components.
Instead of the process being "click one of the components, get to the next screen", it should list all component choices (engine, fuel tank, weapon, etc) on one single screen and display the unit's stats on that screen, too, which should dynamically change as you select the different components. It would make designing units a lot clearer, especially with airplanes where you only get to see the statistics like operational range on the very last screen and if you don't like those stats, you have to go back all the way to the beginning, restarting the process.

Strongly agreed. The model design UI wasn't good before, but it's really obnoxious now when designing aircraft. Also, the UI needs to list the aircraft's fuel consumption at the end like it does when picking the engine for ground units.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maerchen

Attention:
In order to test the new Air Forces addition you'll need to flag "Air Forces enabled" in the PLANET GENERATION setup page.

I do not see the flag option. Where is it located?

The next checkbox below the ones for picking the starting tech level on the right.

(in reply to Maerchen)
Post #: 521
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 11/15/2020 8:00:33 AM   
Dan1911

Beta 11 is getting +10min turn timers again 😥😣

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 522
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 11/15/2020 8:40:32 AM   
bvoid

In beta 11:
I have a new airforce research org - but the techs are duplicated with the military research org?

So have 2 orgs researching same tech, is this right?

(in reply to Dan1911)
Post #: 523
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 11/15/2020 12:10:02 PM   
Destragon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Soar_Slitherine

* Particularly on planets with no atmosphere, there should be a possibility to design rocketcraft with VTOL-equivalent capability (VTVL - Vertical takeoff, vertical landing - is apparently the technical term used in the case of rockets in real life). On atmosphereless planets, this capability is otherwise unavailable since helicopters, thopters and VTOL jets need air. This seems like a highly plausible capability, as there have been experiments with related technology in real life in recent decades, and landing or launching a rocket in low gravity on an atmosphereless moon is much easier compared to Earth conditions.

Yeah, that's a good idea. There should be a VTVL rocket engine or something, like the VTOL jet engine.
Here's a cool experiment of a rocket powered drone that can even hover in multiple directions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBMU6l6GsdM

Post #: 524
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 11/15/2020 3:29:18 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

* I formed some fighter-bomber units, primarily in order to have some air defense but with bombing capability since I figured making them multi-role would be cost-effective, and then I noticed that they stockpile enormous quantities of ammo for bombing that they shouldn't actually need to perform the "fighter" part of their role (I assume air-to-air combat uses the ammo consumption value for their MGs, not their bombs). Could you add an option to limit an unit's ammunition stock level under Unit Administration, similar to the replacement percentage, so we can cut down on unnecessary stockpiling for multi-role units that aren't currently required to perform the more ammo-heavy role?

* I can see some use for a similar option for fuel stocks as well, in case you're having a fuel shortage and want to limit your fuel from going to very fuel-hungry units that you can't afford to use at the moment, without having to transfer them to a SHQ (which prevents them from draining fuel from the SHQ stocks but can sometimes be expensive in terms of fuel/logistics in itself).

* If an air unit with both MGs and bombs engages enemy aircraft using the MGs, will it take ammo supply penalties to the air-to-air attack if the air wing doesn't have a full 100 ton stockpile of bombs? If you don't have a special rule for that already, I suggest scaling the penalty based on available ammo stock relative to a multiplier of the attack's ammo consumption, rather than relative to maximum stock.

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 525
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 11/15/2020 4:18:57 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: bvoid

In beta 11:
I have a new airforce research org - but the techs are duplicated with the military research org?

So have 2 orgs researching same tech, is this right?

changed this in beta12 :)

(in reply to bvoid)
Post #: 526
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 11/15/2020 4:19:35 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Destragon

quote:

Yeah, that's a good idea. There should be a VTVL rocket engine or something, like the VTOL jet engine.
Here's a cool experiment of a rocket powered drone that can even hover in multiple directions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBMU6l6GsdM

heh. for now i am not adding any other engines... there are already somany. first bugs out :)

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 527
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 11/15/2020 4:20:32 PM   
Vic

quote:

* I formed some fighter-bomber units, primarily in order to have some air defense but with bombing capability since I figured making them multi-role would be cost-effective, and then I noticed that they stockpile enormous quantities of ammo for bombing that they shouldn't actually need to perform the "fighter" part of their role (I assume air-to-air combat uses the ammo consumption value for their MGs, not their bombs). Could you add an option to limit an unit's ammunition stock level under Unit Administration, similar to the replacement percentage, so we can cut down on unnecessary stockpiling for multi-role units that aren't currently required to perform the more ammo-heavy role?

* I can see some use for a similar option for fuel stocks as well, in case you're having a fuel shortage and want to limit your fuel from going to very fuel-hungry units that you can't afford to use at the moment, without having to transfer them to a SHQ (which prevents them from draining fuel from the SHQ stocks but can sometimes be expensive in terms of fuel/logistics in itself).

* If an air unit with both MGs and bombs engages enemy aircraft using the MGs, will it take ammo supply penalties to the air-to-air attack if the air wing doesn't have a full 100 ton stockpile of bombs? If you don't have a special rule for that already, I suggest scaling the penalty based on available ammo stock relative to a multiplier of the attack's ammo consumption, rather than relative to maximum stock.

Ideally i should implement your idea 3. For the moment I moved it to the nice-to-have list.

Post #: 528
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.05-beta12 AIR FORCES (last updat... - 11/15/2020 4:29:29 PM   
Vic

bump and we are at beta12

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 529
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.05-beta12 AIR FORCES (last updat... - 11/16/2020 12:34:57 PM   
Destragon

Shouldn't the "all 8 councils" in the game start options be changed to "all councils" now that we have (depending on game settings) 9?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 530
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.05-beta12 AIR FORCES (last updat... - 11/16/2020 1:37:53 PM   
Akrakorn

What are the differences between a high altitude plane vs a low altitude one? It seems there are more units that are good against low altitude planes than high altitude ones, so why shouldn't I always choose to make level bombers as opposed to tactical bombers?

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 531
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 11/16/2020 8:02:47 PM   
zastaver

so i can say with out a doubt air units are getting perks, got a dive bomber squadren with a knight feature and its the most horrifing thing i have ever seen

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 532
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 11/16/2020 11:59:47 PM   
zastaver

also i have a save thats crashing my game and i was wondering where i would, or how to post the save for investigation?

(in reply to zastaver)
Post #: 533
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 11/17/2020 8:04:49 AM   
Destragon

quote:

ORIGINAL: zastaver

so i can say with out a doubt air units are getting perks, got a dive bomber squadren with a knight feature and its the most horrifing thing i have ever seen

When did you start this game? Because the fix for air units getting perks was only for games started with beta 12.

quote:

ORIGINAL: zastaver

also i have a save thats crashing my game and i was wondering where i would, or how to post the save for investigation?

You can send it to Vic's email:
vic@vrdesigns.net

(in reply to zastaver)
Post #: 534
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 11/17/2020 9:07:40 AM   
Nemesison

Hey Vic,

I think I found a couple of bugs in the latest beta release:

-1 After constructing an airbase in one of my cities, the game will not allow me to create another one in a completely different city, quoting that an asset of this type already exist. If I try to build it one hex away it works just fine

-2 I don't seem to be able to research heavy combat armors anymore due to "requisite condition missing". I don't know what this condition is, since the game will not tell me. I might be missing something, but I remember having no problem unlocking it in older version games.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Nemesison -- 11/17/2020 9:09:43 AM >

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 535
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 11/17/2020 2:19:39 PM   
jimwinsor

quote:

I don't know what this condition is, since the game will not tell me.

I've brought this up before on the suggestions section, but there REALLY needs to be a way for the game to tell you this. Just adding this info to the tech tree tooltips would do the job. It is SO frustrating to run into this problem!

And I've experienced the air base issue too, but it is fairly easy to work around as you can build an airstrip anywhere outside a city in the open.

< Message edited by jimwinsor -- 11/17/2020 2:21:22 PM >

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to Nemesison)
Post #: 536
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 11/17/2020 3:09:53 PM   
Clux

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemesison

Hey Vic,

I think I found a couple of bugs in the latest beta release:

-1 After constructing an airbase in one of my cities, the game will not allow me to create another one in a completely different city, quoting that an asset of this type already exist. If I try to build it one hex away it works just fine

-2 I don't seem to be able to research heavy combat armors anymore due to "requisite condition missing". I don't know what this condition is, since the game will not tell me. I might be missing something, but I remember having no problem unlocking it in older version games.

You need both combat armor and Polymer armor in order to unlock heavy combat armor.

(in reply to Nemesison)
Post #: 537
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.05-beta13 AIR FORCES (last updat... - 11/17/2020 6:50:26 PM   
Vic

And we're at beta 13!

Big big thanks for all the bug reports. It is so immensely helpful to have you guys.

Best wishes,
Vic

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 538
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 11/17/2020 6:52:51 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimwinsor

quote:

I don't know what this condition is, since the game will not tell me.

I've brought this up before on the suggestions section, but there REALLY needs to be a way for the game to tell you this. Just adding this info to the tech tree tooltips would do the job. It is SO frustrating to run into this problem!

And I've experienced the air base issue too, but it is fairly easy to work around as you can build an airstrip anywhere outside a city in the open.

added to my to-do list

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 539
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 11/17/2020 9:47:19 PM   
Templer_12

v1.05-beta13?
Sir, another new beta patch?
You are scary to me!

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 540
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire MATRIX VERSION Open Beta >> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI