Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hot Patch 04 02 01 01

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 11/22/2020 2:43:03 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Below is a DropBox link to HotPatch version 04.02.01.01.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/phh1gmi9snvd8az/MWIF%2004%2002%2001%2001.zip?dl=0

DropBox is easy to use. You just go to the link (it is https:/www.dropbox.com link).

Within the zipped file are: (1) the new version of MWIF.exe, and (2) the Release Notes for that version.

Note that to use this Hot Patch you have to have installed the Public Beta 04.02.00.00.

==================

Release Notes for Hot Patch Version 04.02.01.01
(changes since 04.02.00.00)

All Modes of Play

Optional Rules

1. Added code to implement the optional rule Isolated Reorganization Limits.

2. Added code to implement the optional rule City Based Volunteers.

Scenarios
3. Fixed a problem with starting a new game for the Guadalcanal scenario. The program needs to set up Vichy France because that major power controls some islands in the Pacific. Changes that I had made recently to fix some problems with the normal creation of Vichy France for the NetPlay mode of play (applicable in other scenarios) had caused this problem with Guadalcanal.

Air Operations
4. Fixed a cosmetic error in the Spend Surprise Points form when the winning side used surprise points to change the air-to-air combat odds. This error only occurred when the Allied side was the winning side for using surprise points.

5. Corrected the Kamikaze setting for a Japanese bomber in a naval combat so when there is only 1 bomber, the player is asked a simple question about whether the air unit flies as a Kamikaze instead of displaying a form to choose which units fly as kamikazes.

Supply
6. Extended the maximum distance for a railway supply path for the Commonwealth where the secondary supply source is in Iraq and Persia to 60 hexes (it had been 20).

US Entry
7. Added a check to avoid a non-fatal error when the program tries to display the US Entry Pool form to draw a marker for US Entry and the form is already showing.

Production Planning
8. Fixed a problem in Production Planning when there is no path for a build point to be sent to fulfill a trade agreement. This change drastically reduces the search time in some cases.

9. Made another small change to reduce the search time for sending build points as part of a trade agreement. This mainly helps when no path exists.

Cosmetic
10. Modified the terrain type displayed on the Main Form panel for lake and swamp hexes during snow and blizzard weather to be: Lake (Clear) and Swamp (Forest) respectively. This is to provide some additional help to players that the terrain types Lake and Swamp have different characteristics during winter weather (i.e., snow and blizzard).

Other
11. Added code to display an illegal filename when it contains more than one period. Previously, the message simply stated what the problem was without identifying the bad file name.

NetPlay

Declarations of War

12. Changed the major power which advances the sequence of play to the phasing side for some of the DOW subphases. This prevents the sequence of play advancing before a player can place the units of an attacked minor country on the map. The problem of advancing the sequence of play too soon only occurred if the US was at war with all the Axis major powers and the Axis declared war on a minor country.

13. Fixed a problem with the USSR claiming the Finnish Borderlands causing the program to halt if the claim was denied and the USSR was therefore required to declare war on Finland.

Air Operations
14. Fixed a problem with anti-aircraft fire over land hexes.

Land Operations
15. Corrected the processing of the use of Snow Units during land combat resolution, especially when the 2D10 Land Combat Table is being used. These changes cause the non-deciding player to wait until the deciding player (first the defender and then the attacker) decides to gain the benefit of snow units, which require a snow unit to take the first loss. It primarily prevents the non-deciding player’s computer from advancing the sequence of play to deciding about Assault or Blitz prematurely.

Naval Operations

16. Added a check when one naval unit takes both a Destroyed and Damaged result and the Destroyed result destroys the unit, so the program no longer tries to apply the additional damage result.

17. Fixed a couple of problems with executing a series of naval interceptions.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Post #: 1
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 12/26/2020 6:40:34 PM   
jjdenver

I was unable to install and got the following 4 popups - any idea why?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 2
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 12/26/2020 11:04:38 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjdenver

I was unable to install and got the following 4 popups - any idea why?

Note that to use this Hot Patch you have to have installed the Public Beta 04.02.00.00.

Did you install it over 4.02.00.00?

Ronnie

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 3
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 12/27/2020 5:08:06 PM   
jjdenver

ty for the response. i was trying to install rather than just replacing the mwif.exe file - that's why i was getting the error. i knew better but my brain wasn't working yesterday. :)

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 4
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 12/27/2020 6:00:00 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

ty for the response. i was trying to install rather than just replacing the mwif.exe file - that's why i was getting the error. i knew better but my brain wasn't working yesterday. :)

Glad you got it working.

Ronnie

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 5
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 1/16/2021 10:48:39 AM   
wobbleguts

I'm a bit confused about whether or not I should apply this patch.

New gamer here. My next game is Guadalcanal and I see there are some fixes for that scenario in this patch.

Is it a stable release? It sounds like it is but you have to install a beta release prior to downloading it. Should I apply it or stick with v3.2 for now?

Post #: 6
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 1/16/2021 1:20:11 PM   
Falken

If you install this patch, don't forget that you must install the complete v04.02.00.00 Beta that is available in the other sticky first.

(in reply to wobbleguts)
Post #: 7
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 1/16/2021 6:35:57 PM   
CanInf

Thank once again for your efforts! Nice flag by the way Falken

(in reply to Falken)
Post #: 8
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 1/17/2021 8:52:49 AM   
wobbleguts

So is v04.02.01.01 a stable or beta release? If you have to install a beta release before you download it doesn't that make this beta as well?

(in reply to Falken)
Post #: 9
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 1/17/2021 5:07:05 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: wobbleguts

So is v04.02.01.01 a stable or beta release? If you have to install a beta release before you download it doesn't that make this beta as well?
04.02.01.01 is a hot patch (or fix) to a public beta. So, yes it's a beta.

Ronnie

(in reply to wobbleguts)
Post #: 10
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 1/24/2021 4:59:09 AM   
ashkpa

Hi,

I notice when I run this patch, it indicates 4.2.1.1 (debug). Is this supposed to be a debug version? Does it have extra functionality with that nomenclature?

Pat

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 11
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 1/25/2021 2:11:25 AM   
paulderynck

It may have been accidentally posted. Debug allows stuff that we were told as beta testers to keep to ourselves.

Likely you know some of us have tried to fix regular player's games from time to time, using debug features.

Paul

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 12
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 1/25/2021 1:37:05 PM   
Joseignacio

Mine has the debug as well and I think all who download that version, at least, that is the note after the version number

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 13
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 1/25/2021 6:58:45 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: ashkpa

Hi,

I notice when I run this patch, it indicates 4.2.1.1 (debug). Is this supposed to be a debug version? Does it have extra functionality with that nomenclature?

Pat

The version of Delphi (10.3) I am using has problems.

One of them is that if I compile, link, and build MWIF without including 'DEBUG' (a Conditional Defined label), the executable is unable to correctly display forms.

So, I include the 'DEBUG' label and the compiler makes it part of the version number/label.

In actuality, the MWIF code ignores the DEBUG label, so all the features normally associated with it are ignored. Instead, I define a second label ('DEBUG2') when I want the executable to include all the debug feature for myself and the beta testers. What customers receive has DEBUG, but not DEBUG2. The beta tester versions have both.

Yeah, this is a lot more than any of you wanted to know.

It's just a small glimpse into some of the weirdness programmers have to deal with.

< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 1/25/2021 6:59:35 PM >

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 14
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 2/1/2021 3:07:04 AM   
rustysi

quote:

DropBox is easy to use.

I hate when people say that, maybe its easy for you, but its been giving me fits.

Besides, everything is easy, once you know it.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Post #: 15
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 2/1/2021 11:28:49 AM   
Joseignacio

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

DropBox is easy to use.

I hate when people say that, maybe its easy for you, but its been giving me fits.

Besides, everything is easy, once you know it.

But this time, it really is, rustysi!

You just need to clik on the link offered and you get to this screen, then you click on the arrow at the right corner, click on direct download (in my pc "descarga directa" in spanish) and the file goes right into your downloads folder.

Then you unzip it selecting "extract" and move the file to the mwif instalation directory, overwriting the old one.

Only problem could be using Winzip or moving a file to another directory, which is really basic. Of course there may be people who can't do it, but...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 2/1/2021 1:27:06 PM >

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 16
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 2/1/2021 1:20:38 PM   
wobbleguts

Sorry, but you shouldn't have to use a 3rd party cloud app to download updates for a game. I can download entire OS's with office software/whatever I want direct from the developer sites - many GB's. OK, I can use the stupid unnecessary lazy update process that Matrix has adopted. But it is a stupid and a lazy work-around for their own server/network problems and some people won't be comfortable with it.

Matrix should fix this and their other server issues - like unable to connect to servers to check for update, gateway errors etc. Simple fact.

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 17
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 2/1/2021 3:13:27 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: wobbleguts

Sorry, but you shouldn't have to use a 3rd party cloud app to download updates for a game. I can download entire OS's with office software/whatever I want direct from the developer sites - many GB's. OK, I can use the stupid unnecessary lazy update process that Matrix has adopted. But it is a stupid and a lazy work-around for their own server/network problems and some people won't be comfortable with it.

Matrix should fix this and their other server issues - like unable to connect to servers to check for update, gateway errors etc. Simple fact.

All true. But if they don't want to fix these issues...

Peter

(in reply to wobbleguts)
Post #: 18
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 2/1/2021 4:38:10 PM   
Joseignacio

I think nobody denies there is a problem. What many people think is that it is not relevant. But anyone is entitled to his own opinion, of course.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 19
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 2/2/2021 11:38:24 AM   
wobbleguts

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

I think nobody denies there is a problem. What many people think is that it is not relevant. But anyone is entitled to his own opinion, of course.

I'm guessing there are plenty of people who think it is relevant. Eg, Rustysi says...

DropBox is easy to use.
Besides, everything is easy, once you know it

I agree and that's my opinion, but I will say no more.

< Message edited by wobbleguts -- 2/3/2021 10:00:42 AM >

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 20
RE: Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 - 2/7/2021 8:30:24 PM   
rustysi

quote:

Same situation. Didn't have time to check it right away, real life, ya know. Anyway when I got around to it, I got 04.02.01.01 running.

Thanks for posting.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Hot Patch 04 02 01 01 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI