Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/2/2020 4:49:56 PM   
ComadrejaKorp

Thanks to MM for his tireless work in the Aars (I don't do anything) and thanks to you Ago1000, with your questions and answers I learn a lot. Your videos are also great!
You sure are a great player! I hope to play with you one day.

(in reply to ago1000)
Post #: 31
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 12:32:02 PM   
OxfordGuy3

Regarding #6 - does occupation of Tripoli have any affect on Italy's morale break value either before and/or after the USA entry into the war?

Regarding #10 - is the Norway Iron Ore Route considered a safe convoy lane even if the Axis do not control Norway (i.e. it's neutral)? Obviously it's easier for the allies to occupy Norway (or at least Narvik) later in the war if the Axis haven't occupied it first

(in reply to ComadrejaKorp)
Post #: 32
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 12:35:07 PM   
OxfordGuy3

Regarding #5 - does Belgium DoW the Axis only at the start of the next allied turn, or immediately upon an Axis DoW of the Netherlands? If the Axis don't DoW Belgium on the same turn as they DoW the Netherlands during their turn, do Belgian units exert any ZoC into the Netherlands that turn or only in the next?

Also - what about Luxembourg? Shouldn't Belgium Dow the Axis if that is attacked by the Axis and shouldn't Luxembourg also DoW the Axis if the Netherlands is attacked (for what it's worth)?

< Message edited by OxfordGuy3 -- 12/3/2020 12:41:27 PM >

(in reply to ago1000)
Post #: 33
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 12:36:57 PM   
OxfordGuy3

Regarding #4 - what sort of air unit and what strength and when does this arrive for deployment in the UK?

(in reply to ago1000)
Post #: 34
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 1:11:05 PM   
AlvaroSousa

quote:

ORIGINAL: OxfordGuy3

Regarding #6 - does occupation of Tripoli have any affect on Italy's morale break value either before and/or after the USA entry into the war?

Regarding #10 - is the Norway Iron Ore Route considered a safe convoy lane even if the Axis do not control Norway (i.e. it's neutral)? Obviously it's easier for the allies to occupy Norway (or at least Narvik) later in the war if the Axis haven't occupied it first

Italy moral just changes after USA is in the war. But in future patches I might rework the morale for Italy slightly so that taking Tripoli makes it easier to conquer them by one urban location basically.

Doesn't matter if Norway is neutral. The point of creating new dynamics in Norway is to give the Germans a reason to invade it that's fair. Or if they choose not to invade it then they don't have to.

In my current game I invaded it for strategic purposes vs the USSR.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 35
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 1:14:10 PM   
AlvaroSousa

quote:

Regarding #5 - does Belgium DoW the Axis only at the start of the next allied turn, or immediately upon an Axis DoW of the Netherlands? If the Axis don't DoW Belgium on the same turn as they DoW the Netherlands during their turn, do Belgian units exert any ZoC into the Netherlands that turn or only in the next?

Also - what about Luxembourg? Shouldn't Belgium Dow the Axis if that is attacked by the Axis and shouldn't Luxembourg also DoW the Axis if the Netherlands is attacked (for what it's worth)?

I quite forgot about Luxembourg. The 1.00.09 official patch is in the process so it will have to wait for 1.00.10.

I have to research it.

As for Belgium itself. When the Allies go Belgium will be an Allied nation already at war with Germany. But their ZoC doesn't impact the Germans on the initial turn. Basically the paper I found said that Belgium was prepared to allow Allied troops through their territory to help Netherlands. The Dutch were also very positive by the diplomatic exchanges that Belgium would come to their aid if Germany invaded.

Realize the opposite is not true as Netherlands was Neutral during WW1 and they expected to stay out of it in WW2.

< Message edited by AlvaroSousa -- 12/3/2020 1:16:26 PM >

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 36
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 1:19:10 PM   
AlvaroSousa

quote:

Regarding #4 - what sort of air unit and what strength and when does this arrive for deployment in the UK?

It will be a fighter full strength. It basically discourages doing cheese tactics.... and if the Germans take that long to kill Poland then yea their airforce had time to escape.

Little known fact.... Germany lost 500 a/c over Poland in Sept 1939. They learned a great deal from their invasion of Poland that impacted their invasion of France. One important concept was tank formations. They realized grouping 300 tanks together wasn't as effective as smaller force groups mixed with infantry. Also the amount of supplies they consumed.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 37
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 3:58:35 PM   
OxfordGuy3

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

quote:

I quite forgot about Luxembourg. The 1.00.09 official patch is in the process so it will have to wait for 1.00.10.

I have to research it.

Thanks, Luxembourg is obviously a minor thing, but think it's still worth thinking about how best to handle it.

quote:

As for Belgium itself. When the Allies go Belgium will be an Allied nation already at war with Germany. But their ZoC doesn't impact the Germans on the initial turn. Basically the paper I found said that Belgium was prepared to allow Allied troops through their territory to help Netherlands. The Dutch were also very positive by the diplomatic exchanges that Belgium would come to their aid if Germany invaded.

Realize the opposite is not true as Netherlands was Neutral during WW1 and they expected to stay out of it in WW2.

Thanks, all sounds sensible to me.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 38
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 4:00:15 PM   
OxfordGuy3

quote:

quote:

It will be a fighter full strength. It basically discourages doing cheese tactics.... and if the Germans take that long to kill Poland then yea their airforce had time to escape.

Thanks, I'm happy with this change, for the reasons given. Is the unit going to be given a name that reflects it's Polish origins?

Post #: 39
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 5:14:25 PM   
OxfordGuy3

I just watched the video here that demonstrates #2 Pursuit Combat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdBjkjBgzVg

One thing that I'm confused about, it didn't look like there was any choice by the moving player whether Pursuit Combat happened or not, once the fleets in question were moved in range and had expended 2 OP, it just seemed to happen automatically (even though the enemy fleet is in raider mode) - this seems a bit odd, what if you just want to move near to the enemy fleet that turn, but not actually attack it? Or have I missed something?

Also, despite what the conditions say, when I tested this just now in the latest beta, it seemed I could combine two fleets and still initiate pursuit combat (I actually did this by accident)

< Message edited by OxfordGuy3 -- 12/3/2020 5:32:20 PM >

(in reply to ago1000)
Post #: 40
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 5:26:43 PM   
ncc1701e

quote:

quote:

I have to research it.

What about Denmark? Is it possible to change the weather so that an invasion in early April 1940 is possible? Same for Norway? With a real battle around Narvik that is not at the same time than Fall Gelb?

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

Post #: 41
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 6:46:22 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Weather will stay the same. Germany can take Denmark in 1939. There is a fair chance of clear weather in April for these invasions.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 42
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 8:03:55 PM   
OxfordGuy3

In regards to: #3 - am I right in thinking that CVs can no longer attack subs directly (at least if they're in raider mode) now? What about land-based air?

(in reply to ago1000)
Post #: 43
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 8:19:08 PM   
AlvaroSousa

CVs follow the same rules as surface fleets for attacking subs.

Planes still can though.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 44
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 8:31:56 PM   
Hister_MatrixForum

Heya, great interview Alavro - so that is why I love the UI so much - you have studied the topic! Great work and thank you for investing thousounds of your manhours into this, I am not regretting my purchase at all. :)

I am holding on playing the game, waiting for 1.09. Are we days or weeks from it to go on a full release?

Post #: 45
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 9:11:04 PM   
OxfordGuy3

quote:

Planes still can though.

Okay, got it - only land-based air can attack subs directly, although can subs in fleet mode can be interdicted by both CV and Surface fleets within 5 hexes of their ending hex?

Post #: 46
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 11:08:33 PM   
AlvaroSousa

quote:

quote:

Planes still can though.

Okay, got it - only land-based air can attack subs directly, although can subs in fleet mode can be interdicted by both CV and Surface fleets within 5 hexes of their ending hex?

Subs can interdict. They can't be interdicted no matter what.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 47
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/3/2020 11:09:03 PM   
AlvaroSousa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hister_MatrixForum

Heya, great interview Alavro - so that is why I love the UI so much - you have studied the topic! Great work and thank you for investing thousounds of your manhours into this, I am not regretting my purchase at all. :)

I am holding on playing the game, waiting for 1.09. Are we days or weeks from it to go on a full release?

It's already passed the sniff test on my end so latest I figure is Monday.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to Hister_MatrixForum)
Post #: 48
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/4/2020 6:24:34 AM   
Sionnach

quote:

quote:

Ah! I only recently bought the game and was planning on having a look at it this weekend, perhaps I should wait now...

Post #: 49
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/4/2020 7:31:10 AM   
OxfordGuy3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sionnach

quote:

quote:

Ah! I only recently bought the game and was planning on having a look at it this weekend, perhaps I should wait now...

You could still play the beta Vs the AI over the weekend to get to grips with it before the full release

(in reply to Sionnach)
Post #: 50
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/4/2020 10:04:11 AM   
OxfordGuy3

quote:

quote:

quote:

Planes still can though.

Subs can interdict. They can't be interdicted no matter what.

Okay, got it. Still trying to get my head around all the naval rules, I think I much prefer how they're done in Warplan than in the Strategic Command games, but it's just taking my brain a while to understand how they all work.

Post #: 51
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/4/2020 1:29:56 PM   
AlvaroSousa

This game throws out the standard of what is expected in wargames.

Unlike other games of the genre this is a pure wargame that plays more like a board wargame with all the complex rules but the computer handles most of it so it flows organically with the player.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 52
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/4/2020 2:15:38 PM   
OxfordGuy3

quote:

This game throws out the standard of what is expected in wargames.

Unlike other games of the genre this is a pure wargame that plays more like a board wargame with all the complex rules but the computer handles most of it so it flows organically with the player.

Oh I'm all for that, I used to enjoy playing Totaler Krieg!, World in Flames and Avalon Hill's Third Reich many years ago, I just need to spend some time figuring how things work in Warplan.

Post #: 53
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/4/2020 4:19:24 PM   
AlvaroSousa

You played those games you will like WarPlan. I played WiF, ATR, ETO/PTO. After my son I didn't have much time to experience the newer WW2 games.

I did get Axis and Allies super game and played it a couple times it was fun.

There is a new one by the developer of it with a round map called War Room. I really want that one just because it's a round cool map.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 54
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/4/2020 6:52:02 PM   
Hister_MatrixForum

War Room will have to wait until the naughty virus dissappears or is dealt with efficiantly - also is on my wishlist, Maybe for my 40th BD? :D

Post #: 55
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/4/2020 8:34:55 PM   
ncc1701e

So where is this update??

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to Hister_MatrixForum)
Post #: 56
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/6/2020 7:33:41 AM   
guggy

Great to see major updates coming (#5 was a must, IMO).

Thanks for your dedicated support, Alvaro

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 57
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/6/2020 2:22:15 PM   
Franciscus

ETA ?

Former AJE team member

(in reply to guggy)
Post #: 58
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/6/2020 3:14:17 PM   
AlvaroSousa

I am hoping Monday. All is approved. If not usually within the week.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to Franciscus)
Post #: 59
RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 - 12/6/2020 4:41:30 PM   
ago1000

Thanks Alvaro

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> RE: Upcoming Major Changes 1.00.09 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI