Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Looking for advice regarding research of one plane type

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: Looking for advice regarding research of one plane type Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Looking for advice regarding research of one plane ... - 12/25/2020 1:56:44 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fr33andcl34r

Give me a second to remove my foot from my mouth...
And if it isn't obvious this IS my first rodeo.

Toe jam, yummy!

Bring in AAA and maybe park a CVE with Zeros on CAP there.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Fr33andcl34r)
Post #: 31
RE: Looking for advice regarding research of one plane ... - 12/25/2020 6:04:44 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcooke

And be happy your Nates could not catch the 17s. If they did you would have a lot fewer Nates and he would have some 17 aces.

Miri is at half production now due to those bombers. I'd rather lose the Nates than expend the supply needed to fix all that damage. Won't be 100% again until mid/late 1943.

Miri starts off at half production, nothing to do with bombing.

Same for Brunei, in case you are wondering. Oilfields were under development at the time.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 32
RE: Looking for advice regarding research of one plane ... - 12/25/2020 6:36:04 PM   
rustysi

quote:

And be happy your Nates could not catch the 17s. If they did you would have a lot fewer Nates and he would have some 17 aces.

I did actually have a Nate shoot down a B-17D, once.

That's the model sans tail gun. I had about 16 Nates to about 2 17's, and there were lots of reports of damage on the 17's.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Fr33andcl34r)
Post #: 33
RE: Looking for advice regarding research of one plane ... - 12/26/2020 7:48:58 PM   
Fr33andcl34r

Oh, the Miri issue was a month and a half ago. I've since moved farther out into DEI and now have Zeros and Oscars flying around my new oil fields. My opponent's only B-17 capable bases are much farther out now.

-Great shot Kido, that was one in a million!

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 34
RE: Looking for advice regarding research of one plane ... - 12/26/2020 8:08:46 PM   
DesertWolf101

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Miri is at half production now due to those bombers. I'd rather lose the Nates than expend the supply needed to fix all that damage. Won't be 100% again until mid/late 1943.

Same for Brunei, in case you are wondering. Oilfields were under development at the time.

I believe it's to represent the British August 1941 sabotage and possibly even the demolitions on December 8th itself.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 35
RE: Looking for advice regarding research of one plane ... - 12/26/2020 10:01:08 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DesertWolf101

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

I believe it's to represent the British August 1941 sabotage and possibly even the demolitions on December 8th itself.

Alfred confirmed it was to allow expansion. The game models the potential for additional damage when the base changes hands - that would correspond to demolition attempts.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to DesertWolf101)
Post #: 36
RE: Looking for advice regarding research of one plane ... - 12/27/2020 12:00:44 AM   
RangerJoe

Interest reading here:

http://www.combinedfleet.com/BorneoOil.htm

Tarakan's oil production may need to be revised.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: Looking for advice regarding research of one plane type Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI