Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does not keep XP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does not keep XP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does not ke... - 1/9/2021 7:18:51 PM   
DTurtle

When equipment is replaced manually (so going from Tank to Tank II), then the unit keeps its experience (with a minor loss due to new equipment). The same when you upgrade units.

However, if you use the automatic replacement system, this is not the case. Instead the unit has the XP that the replacement equipment had (usually 0 or a bit more). So if I recruit Tank II in the SHQ and set Tank I to tolerated, then the field units will lose all of their XP and I can scrap Tank I with 80XP in the SHQ.

It works correctly when doing it with infantry units that can upgrade (instead of replace). So if I recruit Infantry II in the SHQ and set Infantry I to tolerated, then the field units will keep most of their XP when upgrading to Infantry II. I can then scrap the 0 XP Infantry I in the SHQ.
Post #: 1
RE: [1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does no... - 1/10/2021 1:19:09 PM   
aguvenli

I've observed this happening on 1.06.5 (steam).

(in reply to DTurtle)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does no... - 1/10/2021 7:40:29 PM   
zgrssd

Not a bug. The Crew (with their XP) and the equipment form a inseperable unit. With infantry you never notice because you got upgrade. But for everything else you have to use the replace option (requires the experienced guys and new gear to be in the same place) to get the old XP into a new dress.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 1/10/2021 7:41:02 PM >

(in reply to aguvenli)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does no... - 1/12/2021 4:03:06 PM   
Vic

Please distinguish well:

Replacement Troops => That are automaticly sent from SHQ-Unit or the reverse. Here the men+equipment are sent including their XP.

Subunit Popup => Replace / Upgrade ... Here Replace will keep the manpower&XP where they are and just switch around the equipment.

That being said in the special case of Tolerated equipment being sent back because better is available it does make sense to automatically treat it as a Replacement of equipment and not of men. Expect this to be changed upcoming open beta.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: [1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does no... - 1/12/2021 6:40:07 PM   
DTurtle

Thanks! That's exactly what was bugging me. It seems I've been handicapping myself in a lot of games by actually using the system as it was designed

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
RE: [1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does no... - 1/12/2021 8:34:53 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

That being said in the special case of Tolerated equipment being sent back because better is available it does make sense to automatically treat it as a Replacement of equipment and not of men. Expect this to be changed upcoming open beta.

That would be awesome!

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 6
RE: [1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does no... - 1/12/2021 8:54:33 PM   
zgrssd

Of course it would be even better if you just enabled the QOL feature "Upgrade" for all gear, meaning replace only happens for gear in the SHQ (where there is no priority to tell the game what to give the most experienced units):
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4940295&mpage=1&key=�

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does not keep XP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI