Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 1/22/2021 12:29:02 PM   
Orm

We are three Swedes (Me, GeneralAdvance, and peskpesk) who would like to start a new email game. Our current games are either on an extended break, or have ended, so we have time for another game or two.

We prefer to have the action posted in an AAR thread. And most of the communication going via email or the forum.

Prefer the 1d10 LCT with the Blitz bonus option.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 1/22/2021 12:34:40 PM   
NatRapsEno

Thanks for reaching out. Which sides do you want. With 3 players, would one of you be willing to be on my side for a 2-2 game? I don't mind it being an AAR in the forum. Send me a screenshot please of the optional rules you want to play with. You may email me directly at whitten.jason@gmail.com

Jason

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 1/22/2021 12:44:13 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: NatRapsEno

Thanks for reaching out. Which sides do you want. With 3 players, would one of you be willing to be on my side for a 2-2 game? I don't mind it being an AAR in the forum. Send me a screenshot please of the optional rules you want to play with. You may email me directly at whitten.jason@gmail.com

Jason

We would prefer to play all three on the same side. And to make it a real multiplayer with two, or more, players per side.

Are you willing to take on a partner?

And if not, or we do not find one, are you willing to take us on alone?

Prefer to deciding on the optional rules before deciding on which side we play.

Edit: Have some trouble with my email at the moment so can't email right now.

< Message edited by Orm -- 1/22/2021 12:45:17 PM >

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to NatRapsEno)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 1/22/2021 1:34:03 PM   
NatRapsEno

Here are the optional rules I like

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 4
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 1/29/2021 3:08:23 PM   
Orm

Sorry for the delay.

Would you be willing to play solo against the three of us?

The optional rules you like look fairly good, and here are my initial thoughts.
- I rather dislike the 2d10 option so I would prefer it to be removed.
- The isolated reorg option increases supply calculation time a lot. So I suspects it would make the game close to unplayable. At least in 1942 and forward.
- Emergency HQ supply creates the need for more interactions and playing without it makes the game somewhat faster.
- Variable reorganization costs feels bad to me as long as there are no air HQ that reorganizes medium, and heavy, bombers more easily.
- Night air missions complicate things a bit to much, and tactical night missions are a bit to good. However, only strategic bombing allowed at night could perhaps be a house rule?
- Allied combat friction unduly hampers German-Italian co-operation in my humble opinion. Allies co-operate in plenty of other ways without penalization...
+ CBV adds flavour, and incentive, to the game. However, I am unsure if it is stable enough to be played with?
+ Blitz bonus improves the 1d10 combat table.
+ Bottomed ships

(in reply to NatRapsEno)
Post #: 5
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 1/29/2021 5:02:25 PM   
NatRapsEno

Before we decide completely on the rules, which side does your team want to play?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 6
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 1/29/2021 6:03:00 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: NatRapsEno

Before we decide completely on the rules, which side does your team want to play?

Since you will be playing solo you can select which side.

(in reply to NatRapsEno)
Post #: 7
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 1/29/2021 8:58:48 PM   
NatRapsEno

Sorry, I just don't want to play a game without the following:

-2D10
-Variable Reorganization
-Emergency HQ Supply
-Allied Combat Friction

Good luck finding a game.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 8
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 1/30/2021 2:51:40 PM   
Orm

Thank you, NatRapsEno, for the interest shown.

(in reply to NatRapsEno)
Post #: 9
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 1/30/2021 2:52:32 PM   
Orm

Still looking for a team-player email game.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 10
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 2/6/2021 2:05:48 AM   
ssiviour

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Still looking for a team-player email game.

The Australian Rebel Axis of ssiviour and toenailthehun would be interested in taking on the Swedish Allied Empires

I will post our preferred optionals below, however we are open to negotiation on all of them

Neither of us have ever really used the 1d10 Land combat table, but it's not a game stopper

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 11
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 2/6/2021 2:09:53 AM   
ssiviour

Preferences but flexible

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 12
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 2/6/2021 4:53:27 PM   
Orm

The Swedish Allied Empire look forward to taking on the Australian Axis Rebels.

The optional rules you like look fairly good to me, and here are my initial thoughts. As our first game I really would like to play without the 2d10 option. And I think the options favour the Axis somewhat? Although I am sure that can be discussed. Maybe defensive shore bombardment to assist the Allies?

+ Bottomed ships adds a bit of flavour without complicating things.

Perhaps night bombing can be added although with the house rule that only strategic bombing missions are allowed at night.

Other house rules suggestions:
+ No CAP allowed.
+ SUBs always excluded in port strikes versus major ports.

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 13
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 2/7/2021 1:08:39 AM   
ssiviour

quote:

The Swedish Allied Empire look forward to taking on the Australian Axis Rebels.

The optional rules you like look fairly good to me, and here are my initial thoughts. As our first game I really would like to play without the 2d10 option. And I think the options favour the Axis somewhat? Although I am sure that can be discussed. Maybe defensive shore bombardment to assist the Allies?

+ Bottomed ships adds a bit of flavour without complicating things.

Perhaps night bombing can be added although with the house rule that only strategic bombing missions are allowed at night.

Other house rules suggestions:
+ No CAP allowed.
+ SUBs always excluded in port strikes versus major ports.

It appears negotiations are still open at this stage .....

We can live with most of the suggestions, not overly keen on Bottomed ships but perhaps this can be traded for turning off internment?

We can run with 1d10 Land CRT, but since we are inexperienced with this maybe Defensive shore bombardment might be a little too much?

Your thoughts?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 14
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 2/7/2021 5:10:54 AM   
Orm

Yes. Negotiations are still open.

How about keeping both internment and bottomed ships, and no defensive shore bombardment?

I think defensive shore bombardment is great for the Allies, but I am actually not all that fond of the rule as written.

Would you be open with a second game with the same optional rules but switched sides if the first game works out well enough?

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 15
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 2/7/2021 8:24:36 AM   
ssiviour

quote:

Yes. Negotiations are still open.

How about keeping both internment and bottomed ships, and no defensive shore bombardment?

I think defensive shore bombardment is great for the Allies, but I am actually not all that fond of the rule as written.

Would you be open with a second game with the same optional rules but switched sides if the first game works out well enough?

I think we are nearly there.

Let's run with these optionals and house rules, and I am sure we will be open to a Return match if viable.

Now before diplomatic relations deteriorate to open warfare what are your proposals for Dice Roller, EOT protocols and version numbers?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 16
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 2/7/2021 8:58:01 AM   
GeneralAdvance

Hi, this is GeneralAdvance entering the discsussion as ORM is unavailable for the moment.
Rules seems decided. We like to use PBM-diceroller I think. CW (ORM) can handle EoT if Axis send their orders.
Could you send your e-mailadresses by PM in this forum to ORM please? We can begin Allies setup in a few hours.
When and how often do expect to be able to send orders? We use version 4.2.0 I think. I´m not sure if there´s a newer version. We´re open to suggestions but use 4.2.0 for now.
Looking forward to a new game.

/GeneralAdvance

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 17
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 2/7/2021 10:03:09 AM   
ssiviour

quote:

ORIGINAL: GeneralAdvance

Hi, this is GeneralAdvance entering the discsussion as ORM is unavailable for the moment.
Rules seems decided. We like to use PBM-diceroller I think. CW (ORM) can handle EoT if Axis send their orders.
Could you send your e-mailadresses by PM in this forum to ORM please? We can begin Allies setup in a few hours.
When and how often do expect to be able to send orders? We use version 4.2.0 I think. I´m not sure if there´s a newer version. We´re open to suggestions but use 4.2.0 for now.
Looking forward to a new game.

/GeneralAdvance

PBEM roller we have used before and am ok with, ACTS has a good game journal and easier to use, but doesn't do rolls larger than 999

CW running EOT is the most practical solution and lets run with 4.2.0 , I prefer to stay with latest versions, warts and all.

My esteemed colleague (IT/JP) is available most evenings Eastern Australian time, I have more constraints, but he will be able to speak for us both.

PM sent to ORM with emails.

Hopefully this will be fun for everyone!

(in reply to GeneralAdvance)
Post #: 18
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 2/7/2021 3:20:23 PM   
Orm

Seems to me that we need to update to version 04.02.01.02. since it fixes a CBV bug.

1. Fixed a problem with City Based Volunteers being placed in the Future Force Pool instead of the Force Pool at the start of a game where the CBV‘s city is controlled by its owning major power. For example, the SS unit for Vienna is now in the German Force Pool and available to be built (for free) in the first production phase of the Global War scenario.

We have been using https://www.pbegames.com/roller/ as a die roller. Is that ok to use?

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 19
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 2/7/2021 3:53:40 PM   
craigbear

That is still a bug I believe. Placement of cbv is not working. Likely will be fixes next hot patch.

< Message edited by craigbear -- 2/7/2021 3:54:49 PM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 20
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 2/7/2021 5:55:42 PM   
ssiviour

quote:

Seems to me that we need to update to version 04.02.01.02. since it fixes a CBV bug.

1. Fixed a problem with City Based Volunteers being placed in the Future Force Pool instead of the Force Pool at the start of a game where the CBV‘s city is controlled by its owning major power. For example, the SS unit for Vienna is now in the German Force Pool and available to be built (for free) in the first production phase of the Global War scenario.

We have been using https://www.pbegames.com/roller/ as a die roller. Is that ok to use?

Yes, PBEM is OK

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 21
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 2/8/2021 8:23:45 AM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: craigbear

That is still a bug I believe. Placement of cbv is not working. Likely will be fixes next hot patch.

Thank you.

(in reply to craigbear)
Post #: 22
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 2/8/2021 8:25:13 AM   
Orm

Seems 04.02.01.02. has a CBV bug as well. Do we wait for a new patch that might fix this? Or do we begin without CBV? Or begin as is and hope for the best?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 23
RE: Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum - 2/8/2021 8:50:36 AM   
ssiviour

quote:

Seems 04.02.01.02. has a CBV bug as well. Do we wait for a new patch that might fix this? Or do we begin without CBV? Or begin as is and hope for the best?

Begin and hope for the best, worst case it seems we can ask Majorball68 for assistance. There are other bugs not yet addressed, such as the 2 China factions being able to cooperate. Deal with it as it arises.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for email game with AAR posted on the forum Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI