Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Comm links engaged offensive on standoff bomber

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Comm links engaged offensive on standoff bomber Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Comm links engaged offensive on standoff bomber - 1/30/2021 7:20:36 PM   
KnightHawk75

Adding tomahawk comms to an aircraft unit so that it can link with agm-158c's for example make the unit go engaged offensive and stay that way till links are broken or munitions reach target.

This didn't use to happen till after a defect was fixed where aim-120's firing units where failing to not break away and finish guiding their linked munitions to targets. Seems maybe fixing that may have created this which some months ago was not the present behavior (thawk comm equipped b1's for instance would fire and then either rtb or linger as directed). Don't think at present this is the preferred behavior as they just continue in\on whatever last heading they had instead of stopping.

Not only are the b1's prevented from RTB's after a shotgun load, but as they are engaged offensive they take on a little bit of a mind of their own, usually getting closer to the target following whatever last course they had. One can get around it with over-riding and assigning a specific path of course.

Not sure what the solution here is without some sort of filtering on comm type for the "stay engaged" factor is, then again there are probably other comms beyond tomahawk that this may also affect now or in the near future. Decoys (ADM-160C) who use the same link don't seem to trigger it though.

Scene just shows a simple example of actions, 1 with and 1 without comms 134.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 1/31/2021 11:56:39 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Comm links engaged offensive on standoff bomber - 1/31/2021 11:52:27 PM   
WSBot

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Comm links engaged offensive on standoff bomber Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI