Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Play in a fantasy world

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Play in a fantasy world Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Play in a fantasy world - 1/26/2021 2:30:02 AM   
gigiouk

Hi all!

Does anyone know if there is a way to play in an unreal world, on a completely made up map; like the map of Zelda or the map of some alien planet?
I tried for a while to play with layers but with no results.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Play in a fantasy world - 1/26/2021 9:45:51 AM   
p1t1o

I thought it was possible to overlay an image, but I doubt its possible to use a different world map.

I thought of writing a fantasy/scifi scenario once, it would bet set in the far future, on a recolonised Earth.

An OoB of the most unusual units I could find in the db, along with mixing units of different tech levels would stand in for fantasy/scifi units (since itd be a sort of madmax style "stagnated scientific advancement" type of history)

(in reply to gigiouk)
Post #: 2
RE: Play in a fantasy world - 1/29/2021 8:16:12 PM   
Blast33

quote:

ORIGINAL: gigiouk

Hi all!

Does anyone know if there is a way to play in an unreal world, on a completely made up map; like the map of Zelda or the map of some alien planet?

Thanks!

Some people sell 💊 pills and the whole world looks alien 👾

(in reply to gigiouk)
Post #: 3
RE: Play in a fantasy world - 1/29/2021 8:30:01 PM   
stilesw

Ooooh, the colors, the colors!

(in reply to Blast33)
Post #: 4
RE: Play in a fantasy world - 1/30/2021 10:30:59 PM   
roeddog

But it already is a fantasy game, every time I fire it up I get to fulfill my fantasy of being an admiral/general/commander whatever I choose!

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 5
RE: Play in a fantasy world - 1/31/2021 2:09:33 PM   
BDukes

quote:

ORIGINAL: roeddog

But it already is a fantasy game, every time I fire it up I get to fulfill my fantasy of being an admiral/general/commander whatever I choose!

Exactly but it is part of the nerdy culture of being a wargamer. This being said I think the people who like Warhammer, Fate, and anybody that has a D&D critical hit chart by appendage or organ is a nerd.

I think you could mod the globe and various layers but it would be an enormous amount of work to do. So I think the answer is yes, if you don't mind giving up months of your life to model Mordor, Mystara or Muppets Magic Mountain.

Mike

< Message edited by BDukes -- 1/31/2021 2:10:04 PM >

(in reply to roeddog)
Post #: 6
RE: Play in a fantasy world - 1/31/2021 8:46:33 PM   
Mgellis

Short answer...no. However, you can create all the alternate history worlds you want. For example, consider a world where the British Empire did not give so many of its colonies, did not retire some of its older ships so it could keep them on station near colonial ports (e.g., a 42-class destroyer and a six-ship flight of harriers, based at the capital of a colony in Africa), and now has to deal with revolutionary events in those colonies, terrorist-backed guerillas crossing over from other independent but poorly run countries, etc.

quote:

ORIGINAL: gigiouk

Hi all!

Thanks!

(in reply to gigiouk)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Play in a fantasy world Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI