Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Manual is wrong about Rearming Yamato class

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Manual is wrong about Rearming Yamato class Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Manual is wrong about Rearming Yamato class - 2/15/2021 1:30:47 AM   
Evoken

This should be usefull info for Japanese players , in manual it says "* Yamato/Musashi may also rearm at a Port-9, or a Port-8 with at least 88 Naval Support squads."
here you can also see , manual indicates you cant rearm Yamato class with Tenders

So lets test the theory
here is a Yamato class , sitting at Satawai atoll near Truk , 0 port , 0 naval support

i have disbanded a single Aden class AKE , it was filled to the max with supply , AKE ran out of OPS points while trying to rearm Yamato but was able to give her most of her ammo and it only used 1k supply

just missing 2 shells

So you can actually rearm Yamato class with a single AKE in 2 days or with 2 AKE in 1 day
Post #: 1
RE: Manual is wrong about Rearming Yamato class - 2/15/2021 1:55:22 AM   
GetAssista

It is well known that large AKEs can rearm Yamato class guns in stock (at least known by those who are paying attention). Even from dot bases. I do it all the time.

There were several threads on the forum in recent years. Yeah, the manual is wrong on this one, but nobody would issue a new one in the foreseeable future.

< Message edited by GetAssista -- 2/15/2021 1:56:29 AM >

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 2
RE: Manual is wrong about Rearming Yamato class - 2/15/2021 2:04:16 AM   
geofflambert

A lot of changes have occurred since the manual was printed. I don't know if that's one of them or if it was wrong from the get go.

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 3
RE: Manual is wrong about Rearming Yamato class - 2/15/2021 2:05:07 AM   
Evoken

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

It is well known that large AKEs can rearm Yamato class guns in stock (at least known by those who are paying attention). Even from dot bases. I do it all the time.

There were several threads on the forum in recent years. Yeah, the manual is wrong on this one, but nobody would issue a new one in the foreseeable future.

There was a large influx of new players recently , more as a PSA if there are people still unaware of it

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 4
RE: Manual is wrong about Rearming Yamato class - 2/15/2021 2:52:27 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

A lot of changes have occurred since the manual was printed. I don't know if that's one of them or if it was wrong from the get go.

It was fixed in a patch because the IJ players were so furious that the Yamatos were virtually unusable in the SWPAC/SOPAC/NORPAC areas.
It was even set up so that you can accumulate the total reload potential from several AKEs to load them. I don't recall ever seeing that work on the Allied side but I only build large size AKEs anyway.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 5
RE: Manual is wrong about Rearming Yamato class - 2/15/2021 4:36:32 AM   
Alfred

No, it is a straight out bug introduced after the game was released.

There may be some unaware that the part of the manual quoted in this thread, was written by JWE/Symon.  He checked the accuracy of the numbers before writing it into the manual.

There is zero chance that JWE/Symon and Don Bowen would have approved any code change to allow any Japanese AKE to rearm the 16.1" guns of the Yamato class.  This thread in the public domain indicates where the naval team stood on the issue.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2927474&mpage=1&key=rearm&#2928167

Alfred

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Manual is wrong about Rearming Yamato class - 2/15/2021 4:48:37 AM   
JeffroK

18.1" Alfred, how can we trust your emails

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 7
RE: Manual is wrong about Rearming Yamato class - 2/15/2021 10:58:40 AM   
alimentary

Although the Alfred is a secondary source, his accuracy and attention to detail is legendary.

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 8
RE: Manual is wrong about Rearming Yamato class - 2/15/2021 11:40:49 AM   
GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred
No, it is a straight out bug introduced after the game was released.

There may be some unaware that the part of the manual quoted in this thread, was written by JWE/Symon.  He checked the accuracy of the numbers before writing it into the manual.

There is zero chance that JWE/Symon and Don Bowen would have approved any code change to allow any Japanese AKE to rearm the 16.1" guns of the Yamato class.  This thread in the public domain indicates where the naval team stood on the issue.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2927474&mpage=1&key=rearm�

Alfred, thank you for the link to the discussion!
I'll add this stuff to my list of remaining game bugs

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 9
RE: Manual is wrong about Rearming Yamato class - 2/15/2021 2:21:36 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Yamatos were virtually unusable in the SWPAC/SOPAC/NORPAC areas.

I never reloaded these bad girls from AKEs, and always used them to great success in the NORPAC. Just required preplanning, and is a reason to expand a port or two.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 10
RE: Manual is wrong about Rearming Yamato class - 2/15/2021 2:34:20 PM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

I never reloaded these bad girls from AKEs, and always used them to great success in the NORPAC. Just required preplanning, and is a reason to expand a port or two.

Which is exactly the design intent. Besides the link I provided, there are other public threads where JWE/Symon and Don Bowen explain the design intent.

It isn't my role to track down exactly when the bug was introduced but a very strong hint is found with the OP which has the big guns totally without ammo. There was a separate bug, caused by Operational Points usage, associated with the OP screenshot. Fixing that bug appears to have exposed a more fundamental bug which negates the design.

Alfred

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Manual is wrong about Rearming Yamato class Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI