Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: DW2 FAQ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> RE: DW2 FAQ? Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/10/2021 5:03:54 PM   
ncc1701e

Is it possible to incorporate by diplomacy, meaning peacefully, minor/independent faction inside your space empire?
A kind of creation of the united federation of planets.

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 181
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/10/2021 6:24:27 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, with the minor independents, if you diplomatically increase your relations with them to at least a stable +25 (usually this requires Free Trade plus some patience for trust to increase or gifts), then they'll become 100% receptive to colonization. Send a colony ship and they will join your empire fully as a new planet.

Of course, you could also send some troop transports over and conquer them.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 182
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/10/2021 6:43:41 PM   
Hazard151

You mean send troop ships for traditional colonization purposes.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 183
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/10/2021 7:14:34 PM   
SirHoraceHarkness

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hazard151

Sometimes its the only way to claim territory on certain map setups. I'll usually grab every independent planet of my own faction outside colonization range with a quick drop of troops. You get a minor standing hit but a nicely populated planet that won't immediately go rebel as the prize.

(in reply to Hazard151)
Post #: 184
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/10/2021 7:20:49 PM   
ASHBERY76

It was too easy and a non brainer.The bacon mod improved on that making them have an actual force to defend.

(in reply to SirHoraceHarkness)
Post #: 185
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/10/2021 8:20:10 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: SirHoraceHarkness

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hazard151

Sometimes its the only way to claim territory on certain map setups. I'll usually grab every independent planet of my own faction outside colonization range with a quick drop of troops. You get a minor standing hit but a nicely populated planet that won't immediately go rebel as the prize.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

It was too easy and a non brainer.The bacon mod improved on that making them have an actual force to defend.

And so does this new version. No more simple "send a colony ship".
Of course the colony rush in general is (supposedly) reduced in the game.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 186
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2021 3:21:23 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: SirHoraceHarkness

Just FYI, they will defend themselves now and it may take some time for them to assimilate. Until then you'll have to at least keep some garrison there.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 187
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/11/2021 3:33:27 AM   
SirHoraceHarkness

Neat. Was kinda a cheese move especially to quickly deny territory early game far outside my influence. But when you load a half dozen boskara into the map as the main late game threat you take what you can get.

Post #: 188
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/16/2021 7:58:45 AM   
Morion

Will transport ships of a different class (S/M/L) have different logic of behavior (will it make sense to make different designs for them now)?
Will they take into account their fuel supply when choosing a destination?

Post #: 189
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/18/2021 4:43:33 PM   
FlashXAron_slith

Okay THAT WAS THE MOST important answer for me
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Will there be a multiplayer?
--> Not in the initial release, but the new engine and design was built with multiplayer in mind. It's possible it will appear in a future expansion.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Instead of one DW2 buyer. me
you have now 2 more from us, when the ADDON will be released ..

(in reply to Whiskiz)
Post #: 190
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/19/2021 11:57:20 AM   
SABRETOOTH2

Sorry if this has been stated before, but ground combat is the same correct? By that i mean we actually get an animated look of our troops fighting accross the planet ( the ground combat also allowed us to see the planets surface too, is this in still?)

(in reply to Miletkir)
Post #: 191
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/19/2021 2:29:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Stargatewill,

I think the first post has some good info on what has changed in ground combat. Mechanically, ground combat is improved from DW1, but visually, the screen is somewhat streamlined and a bit different with symbols for troop types to increase clarity vs. the little pictures from DW1. The same progress and modifiers (and some new ones) apply and will be reported as in DW1, so that you can watch the progress of the battle.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to SABRETOOTH2)
Post #: 192
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/19/2021 3:52:04 PM   
SirHoraceHarkness

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Stargatewill,

I think the first post has some good info on what has changed in ground combat. Mechanically, ground combat is improved from DW1, but visually, the screen is somewhat streamlined and a bit different with symbols for troop types to increase clarity vs. the little pictures from DW1. The same progress and modifiers (and some new ones) apply and will be reported as in DW1, so that you can watch the progress of the battle.

So other than the initial setup of your invasion force with troop types and generals combat will still be autoresolved with no manual inputs on what happens other than dropping more troops? This is fine, just curious.

Post #: 193
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/19/2021 10:52:47 PM   
SABRETOOTH2

Erik, thats a bummer that the cool art tokens are gone......hoping we will get better things in tgeir stead with future expansions? It would make sense if we have titans etc....

Post #: 194
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/20/2021 11:05:32 AM   
ASHBERY76

Hmmm the art of the troops and the planet is surely better than counters?

Post #: 195
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/21/2021 7:26:58 AM   
SABRETOOTH2

Of course! I think the ground combat in DW1 was great apart from the spamming of troops....i think the art style was nice since as they hit planet side we got to see the planet.

Seeing as Titans are included in addition to other troop techs im hoping that ground combat will get some TLC in tge future. Otherwise why go to the trouble of making tech for it and adding additional troop type?

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 196
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/25/2021 8:17:41 PM   
ReadeB

Any thoughts about options of building planets tall?

Ex: Underground factories (population increase bonus), Mantle mining/waste recycling (resource recovery bonus), Deep underground bunkers (Infantry defense bonus)

Post #: 197
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/26/2021 9:41:11 PM   
JammyGrizzly

Hi :)

Is there any chance of DW2 being available on GEFORCE now and/or stadia please?

And would it be possible to make DWU available on GEFORCE now please?

I don't have the means to play them any other way and I think that at least on GEFORCE now you just need to opt in and they'll handle the rest.

(in reply to Miletkir)
Post #: 198
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/26/2021 11:43:35 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: ReadeB
Any thoughts about options of building planets tall?

Ex: Underground factories (population increase bonus), Mantle mining/waste recycling (resource recovery bonus), Deep underground bunkers (Infantry defense bonus)

There are more facility options in DW2, but it's not focused on building a single planet "tall" at least in the initial release. Some of the future factions may be more focused in that direction.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ReadeB)
Post #: 199
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/26/2021 11:44:50 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: JammyGrizzly
Is there any chance of DW2 being available on GEFORCE now and/or stadia please?
And would it be possible to make DWU available on GEFORCE now please?
I don't have the means to play them any other way and I think that at least on GEFORCE now you just need to opt in and they'll handle the rest.

Thanks for the interest, but I'm not sure what would be involved in making them available on those platforms. If there's demand it's something we may look into, but there are currently no plans for that for the initial release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to JammyGrizzly)
Post #: 200
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/27/2021 7:57:04 AM   
JammyGrizzly

Thanks for your response.

Would you consider contacting the developers behind Warhammer 40,000 Gladius: Relics of War as they've got their game on GEFORCE now.

As I understand it you just need to grant Nvidia permission to stream the game. I don't think it requires any effort on your end to make the game compatible with their service.

I'm pushing the point as DW2 will be my major purchase for the year and I'd like to be able to familiarise myself with DWU until it's released. I also want to purchase the game on day 1 to increase the chances of expansions and dlc. Stellaris has been my evergreen game since 2016 (and I've bought all of the dlc) and I really think DW2 will replace it, but GEFORCE now is my only affordable way to play and I can't justify the cost of a shadow or paperspace cloud pc in comparison to it.

Streaming the game would also allow users to play the game on its highest graphical settings on its largest galaxies without issue. A problem fans with budget hardware will be able to circumvent if it's available on GEFORCE now.

Post #: 201
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/27/2021 8:32:41 AM   
StormingKiwi

DW:U runs on an HP probook with no dedicated graphics card and currently is selling for 90% off on the Steam store. If you can't afford to buy it and a machine to run it, I don't see that you'd be able to afford a machine to stream it either.

(in reply to JammyGrizzly)
Post #: 202
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 2/27/2021 9:19:43 AM   
JammyGrizzly

I didn't realise DWU would run on low end PC's. I thought it would require a lot of CPU power like stellaris late game does. I do own DWU so I'll give it a try.

The cost to stream through GEFORCE now is £25 for 6 months. I can play any supported game that I own on Steam or epic for as long as I want. That's currently how I play gladius and stellaris.

My point wasn't that I can't afford the game, but that it's the only game I'm planning to buy this year. I bought gladius with all of its dlc at the beginning of the year, and generally buy stellaris dlc on day one, with a new dlc on the horizon for this year.

With DW2 move to 3D graphics I know our computer won't be able to run it, or at least won't be able to run the biggest galaxies on the highest graphics.

When GEFORCE now was younger in its development it could play all games through Steam and epic. However publishes took umbrage to this so Nvidia changed it so that publishers/developers had to opt in for their games to remain on the service. If it's as simple as a nod to Nvidia then I hope this can be accomplished without expense to DW2

< Message edited by JammyGrizzly -- 2/27/2021 9:21:46 AM >

(in reply to StormingKiwi)
Post #: 203
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 2/28/2021 1:19:07 AM   
muncuss

quote:

ORIGINAL: JammyGrizzly

With DW2 move to 3D graphics I know our computer won't be able to run it, or at least won't be able to run the biggest galaxies on the highest graphics.

Well at least there are more things to do in dw2 even with smallest galaxy. But yep probably i'll need to buy new laptop

Also for dev, rebel commander is possible? Maybe whole fleet gone rogue like horus heresy or troops commander claim conquered colony for himself and create new faction.
Also there will be female characters, right? to add more spice. And bribe scientist?
And looking at democracy in US can we have private arm producer or private militia maybe, that will help me solve small problem like monster and pirate. But this is already possible with pirate faction i don't know maybe i just want "friendlier" pirate.
And some other small stuff but probably not very important or just make the game too complicated.
More random internal problem will keep me playing when i'm bored with war

< Message edited by muncuss -- 2/28/2021 1:25:58 AM >

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 204
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 3/1/2021 9:51:41 PM   
frankycl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sparviero

Second screenshot, downside....what is "Generate Scene Fleet vs Fleet" ? Some kind of way to have a preview about the performance of the selected design?

That is purely for testing in our development build and will not be there in the final release.

Oh, that's a pitty, imho. :( - Why not keeping this in the final game, to test your design in some kind of simulator ?? Then the players / constructers could valuate their design-ideas much more easily and practically.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 205
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 3/1/2021 11:31:45 PM   
Deathawaits4

What i am extremely curious about is how you guys think of harmony modding (basically detouring c# methods, modifying them or replacing them). Harmony is extremely popular in modding unity based games but is working with most c# applications. There are games that allow for a extremely large modding community because of this. Are you more on the side of "we do everything possible to prevent detouring base methods" or "do whatever you want" or maybe even "Yes we encourage modders with this"? There is lots of speculation on that and it would be really nice to hear some official statement on this.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 206
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 3/3/2021 1:20:38 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: muncuss
Also for dev, rebel commander is possible? Maybe whole fleet gone rogue like horus heresy or troops commander claim conquered colony for himself and create new faction.
Also there will be female characters, right? to add more spice. And bribe scientist?
And looking at democracy in US can we have private arm producer or private militia maybe, that will help me solve small problem like monster and pirate. But this is already possible with pirate faction i don't know maybe i just want "friendlier" pirate.
And some other small stuff but probably not very important or just make the game too complicated.
More random internal problem will keep me playing when i'm bored with war

Well, we do have an expanded event system with DW2, but what events and possibilities will be in at release remain to be seen, but in general we're not adding any major new features we haven't disclosed at this point, it's too late in development for this initial release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to muncuss)
Post #: 207
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 3/3/2021 1:24:16 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deathawaits4
What i am extremely curious about is how you guys think of harmony modding (basically detouring c# methods, modifying them or replacing them). Harmony is extremely popular in modding unity based games but is working with most c# applications. There are games that allow for a extremely large modding community because of this. Are you more on the side of "we do everything possible to prevent detouring base methods" or "do whatever you want" or maybe even "Yes we encourage modders with this"? There is lots of speculation on that and it would be really nice to hear some official statement on this.

Frankly, this is the first I'd heard of that. I spoke with Elliot about it briefly and he's not sure it would work, but we really have no idea and it certainly might screw things up. At the end of the day you're certainly welcome to try. In short, it certainly was not on our radar as something to potentially support, so I guess we'll find out if it works after release.

We expanded the modding possibilities with DW2 vs Universe, but this is mainly in a ton of XML files which along with the new events system gives a lot more tools to modders than Universe had, approaching the level of scripting in many cases.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Deathawaits4)
Post #: 208
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 3/3/2021 5:19:52 AM   
Galaxy227

Quick question Erik.

You recently chatted about DW2's diplomacy on eXplorminate's podcast. The discussion prompted me to ask about whether or not multilateral treaties are making it into DW2 at launch.

Will this be the case?

Post #: 209
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 3/7/2021 11:40:06 AM   
frankycl

Ok, I've read and gathered all info I could find about this game, but for me there's still something important missing:

For me the most important thing in any kind of 4X-scifi-space-strategy game is how well a game like this can convey the feeling of reaching out in unknown space and meeting (and interacting with) different alien species.
Therefore I would like to ask, if DW2 (unlike DW1 or DWU in vanilla settings) has any more to offer in this regard, beyond the graphical and technological differences of the various factions/races? (which aren't bad at all - except that I don't know (but hope) if there are also graphical differences between the troops that can be used in ground-battles, etc.(?))
For instance, are there also some cultural differences between those alien races (noticeable even with AI-controlled factions)? Or can the different races also be distinguished in their "character", like e.g. through different use of language (and a different behavior) in the diplomatic (or combat-) interactions?
If this would be the case, too - or could be easily modded (additionally to all the other great things you already developed, explained or have planned for your game), I would certainly buy DW2 right from the start.

(in reply to Galaxy227)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> RE: DW2 FAQ? Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI