Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  355 356 [357] 358 359   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 5:45:05 AM   
Orm

INP.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 10681
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 6:55:31 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

INP.

Apparently INPs are your cup of tea!

Attachment (1)

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 10682
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 7:14:44 AM   
Ambassador

Good morning everyone,

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

Good evening, gentlemen, ladies.

I made a lawyer weep, this afternoon.

Again.

That shouldn't be happening. In my humble opinion, that is. Are the layers not prepared for some resistance to what they say?

Maybe we, the older generations, should prepare them better for life?

Or maybe I just got it wrong.

Younger ones can’t seem to imagine to be wrong, or being refused what they ask. Too many don’t look up the laws applicable to the case, and imagine they only need to say that their « client has realized the gravity of their situation and started to change » to magically have a reduced fine. Or are upset by the slightest resistance to their arguments.

To their credits, they often are not prepared nor coached enough by their mentors. Lawyers here have to start their work in a three-year apprenticeship to an older barrister, but these masters often only see their apprentices as cheap labor, and do not devote much time to accompany them at the court. So, bad habits are taken...

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 10683
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 10:25:11 AM   
btd64

Good morning everyone....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 10684
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 11:45:12 AM   
Orm

quote:

Good morning everyone,

quote:

quote:

Again.

That shouldn't be happening. In my humble opinion, that is. Are the layers not prepared for some resistance to what they say?

Younger ones can’t seem to imagine to be wrong, or being refused what they ask. Too many don’t look up the laws applicable to the case, and imagine they only need to say that their « client has realized the gravity of their situation and started to change » to magically have a reduced fine. Or are upset by the slightest resistance to their arguments.

To their credits, they often are not prepared nor coached enough by their mentors. Lawyers here have to start their work in a three-year apprenticeship to an older barrister, but these masters often only see their apprentices as cheap labor, and do not devote much time to accompany them at the court. So, bad habits are taken...

Yes. Although I was thinking that this needs to be worked on long before they begin working as apprentices. But what do I know.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 10685
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 1:55:49 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

Good morning everyone,

quote:

quote:

Again.

Yes. Although I was thinking that this needs to be worked on long before they begin working as apprentices. But what do I know.

That is why I think that while they are still in law school that they should attend court sessions like yours or at least see the videos, then the class can have a discussion about the lawyer. That is, if they can keep from laughing!

Who knows, maybe a police officer can give them a personal invitation to attend a court hearing.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 10686
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 2:30:44 PM   
Ambassador

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

Good morning everyone,

quote:

quote:

Again.

That is why I think that while they are still in law school that they should attend court sessions like yours or at least see the videos, then the class can have a discussion about the lawyer. That is, if they can keep from laughing!

Who knows, maybe a police officer can give them a personal invitation to attend a court hearing.

Yeah, don’t get me started on the quality, or lack of, of the law graduates. In my time (and I’m not all that old), we used to attend court hearings on our free time, to see and hear how things were done, or took time in the school’s library to peruse books and law reviews, including on subjects we were not required to learn at that moment. Nowadays, they only do it if there’s an official university program which will reward them some credits for doing so.

By the way, I personally know, very well, a former law student who was personally invited to attend a court hearing for speeding, and who ended as judge twenty years later... Like the saying goes, the best game wardens are former poachers.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 10687
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 2:36:20 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

Good morning everyone,

quote:

quote:

Again.

Orm, it sounds to me like you may know something about actual parenting.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 10688
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 2:37:15 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good morning everyone,

quote:

quote:

Again.

Yeah, don’t get me started on the quality, or lack of, of the law graduates. In my time (and I’m not all that old), we used to attend court hearings on our free time, to see and hear how things were done, or took time in the school’s library to peruse books and law reviews, including on subjects we were not required to learn at that moment. Nowadays, they only do it if there’s an official university program which will reward them some credits for doing so.

By the way, I personally know, very well, a former law student who was personally invited to attend a court hearing for speeding, and who ended as judge twenty years later... Like the saying goes, the best game wardens are former poachers.

The guy depicted in Catch Me If You Can helped the FBI while still in prison, then went on to assist in bank security. An excellent book, he describes how he did it. While in Swedish prison he took classes in graphic arts where he knew more than the instructor. A couple of things that I remember is how to slow a legitimate check through the system if it is not scanned and cashed immediately.

Also to catch a criminal, you have to know how to think like one.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 10689
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 2:38:04 PM   
USSAmerica

Good Friday morning - Tithe.

Mike

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 10690
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 4:25:36 PM   
RangerJoe

Morning . . .

Time

for

COFFEE!

― Julia Child

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 10691
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 5:45:45 PM   
USSAmerica

It's always time for coffee!

Mike

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 10692
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 6:41:10 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: USSAmerica

It's always time for coffee!

Well ... unless you have had enough already!

Attachment (1)

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 10693
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 7:37:20 PM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schani59

Good day all. Been biding my time resurrecting some of my old SPI: game of over forty years ago. Lately Destruction of Army Group Center which I just acquired last month. Then it was Kursk now Turning Point: The battle of Stalingrad. Nest Moscow Campaign. Hadn't played any one of those since 1998. Simple and still enjoyable. DAGC with a little research from my library I came up with a historical setup. Same with Moscow Campaign I did 30 years ago. Panzer and panzer grenadier divisions mostly for Moscow Campaign.

Hey Schani, good to 'see' ya around. How's it hangin'?

Takin' a trip down memory lane I see. SPI, there's a term I haven't heard in quite a while.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Schani59)
Post #: 10694
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 11:04:38 PM   
Schani59

Doing well. Saw the oncologists today. Preparing for the offensive. A couple more exams then it looks like a trip down to the University of Minnesota for a pre-surgery once over and see if that is what is needed or just chemo and raditaion.
Love SPI's operational level games. The Quad games are also great, Island Wasr, North Africa, Westfront and the Blue & Grey II and Napoleon at War. Picked up Napoleon at War last year. Never played a Napoleonic battle before as I no next to nothing about that era other that the names of the battles. Should be interesting. Battle for Germany is also a nice, little, quick game at corps level.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 10695
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 11:38:05 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

Doing well. Saw the oncologists today. Preparing for the offensive. A couple more exams then it looks like a trip down to the University of Minnesota for a pre-surgery once over and see if that is what is needed or just chemo and raditaion.
Love SPI's operational level games. The Quad games are also great, Island Wasr, North Africa, Westfront and the Blue & Grey II and Napoleon at War. Picked up Napoleon at War last year. Never played a Napoleonic battle before as I no next to nothing about that era other that the names of the battles. Should be interesting. Battle for Germany is also a nice, little, quick game at corps level.

Good luck and I wish you a good outcome.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Schani59)
Post #: 10696
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/12/2021 11:53:04 PM   
btd64

quote:

quote:

Good luck and I wish you a good outcome.

Good luck 👍....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 10697
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/13/2021 3:32:33 AM   
Orm

Good morning. Gentlemen. Ladies.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 10698
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/13/2021 3:38:49 AM   
RangerJoe

Good morning!

― Julia Child

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 10699
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/13/2021 8:57:39 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 10700
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/13/2021 8:58:18 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Fingers crossed!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Schani59)
Post #: 10701
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/13/2021 9:38:11 AM   
Ambassador

Good morning, everyone !

@Schani : good luck !

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 10702
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/13/2021 12:28:24 PM   
btd64

Good morning everyone....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 10703
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/13/2021 1:16:18 PM   
RangerJoe

Morning!

Maybe I should post something on The Geezer thread because it is a lovely Saturday morning . . .

― Julia Child

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 10704
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/13/2021 2:37:14 PM   
Orm

Nah. Post a picture of your Lady friend instead.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 10705
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/13/2021 3:43:06 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

We're all in your corner, Brother!

Mike

(in reply to Schani59)
Post #: 10706
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/13/2021 3:43:28 PM   
USSAmerica

Good Saturday morning - Tithe.

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 10707
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/13/2021 5:34:47 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

Nah. Post a picture of your Lady friend instead.

I should post about her washing her paw on The Geezer thread!

< Message edited by RangerJoe -- 3/13/2021 6:15:03 PM >

― Julia Child

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 10708
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2021 6:22:33 AM   
Orm

Hey. Good Morning. Ladies. Gentlemen.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 10709
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2021 6:24:25 AM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: USSAmerica

It's always time for tea!

You made a tiny, yet serious, error in your post. I fixed it for you. No need to thank me.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 10710
Page:   <<   < prev  355 356 [357] 358 359   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  355 356 [357] 358 359   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI