Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 3:00:29 PM   
AbwehrX

Dont really want to do this here. You can meet me at the UCLA Biomed library if you wish to discuss it further. I was merely floating out of bed this morning when I noticed this anyway.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 31
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 3:06:57 PM   
Simulacra53

My mother in law had felt sick after her second Pfizer shot.

My wife and I had Covid in October, pretty sick, still not clear why I should need a shot AFTER having been infected.
So what will the shot contribute to my body’s natural response?
Shouldn’t my natural immunity not be enough?

Ergo if my natural immunity is not enough, neither will the vaccine be enough.

That’s the logic that keeps escaping me with most official info.

Both can’t be right.
So either the extra vaccination after infection is nonsense, or the vaccination will only protect for a relatively short period.
Not a skeptic, but I am critical.

...and it has nothing to do with fear.

If it is the latter, well...

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 32
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 3:50:08 PM   
Aurelian

nvm

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 3/21/2021 3:52:25 PM >

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 33
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 3:50:12 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Simulacra53
My wife and I had Covid in October, pretty sick, still not clear why I should need a shot AFTER having been infected.

Remember that some people have been infected twice. It has happened. What do health authorities recommend in *your country*? Some countries have said one shot might be needed.

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to Simulacra53)
Post #: 34
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 3:53:16 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: AbwehrX

quote:

Uh yeah, it's a vaccine.

Since Im a virologist, I beg to differ. Theres no need for it anyway since Ivermectin & Hydroxchloroquine with zinc can treat it successfully without risking gene therapy consequences.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/oklahoma-seeking-return-2m-worth-anti-malaria-drug-75517793

no it can't

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 35
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 4:50:27 PM   
WYBaugh

In before the lock.

My wife and I received the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. I had a mild reaction, wife of course, did not.

We take care of my 84 year old mother with dementia so the entire household is now vaccinated.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 36
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 4:57:42 PM   
RangerJoe

Just be careful, vaccinated or not.

quote:

Two Danish patients have brain hemorrhages following AstraZeneca shot

Two people in Denmark suffered brain hemorrhages after receiving AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine, according to multiple reports.

Two hospital staff members received the vaccine less than 14 days before experiencing brain bleeds, Reuters reported. The Danish Medicines Agency confirmed it received two “serious reports,” but didn’t give further details on the matter.

The New York Times reported that one of the patients died, and the other, a woman in her 30s, is critically ill. . . .

https://thehill.com/policy/international/europe/544189-two-danish-patients-have-brain-hemorrhages-following-astrazeneca

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to WYBaugh)
Post #: 37
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 5:12:29 PM   
Simulacra53

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

quote:

Remember that some people have been infected twice. It has happened. What do health authorities recommend in *your country*? Some countries have said one shot might be needed.

I do know that people have been reported as being infected twice, but what does that tell you about immunity?
That natural immunity is weaker than a vaccine?

In my country as so many they recommend taking a shot anyway, to ensure proper immune response.
Personally I don’t think that’s a strong nor scientific argument.

Just like using two face masks AFTER your vaccination or infection.
But I’ll bow out now.

Let’s talk again in a couple of years.

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 38
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 5:15:26 PM   
RFalvo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

Two people in Denmark suffered brain hemorrhages after receiving AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine, according to multiple reports.

Two hospital staff members received the vaccine less than 14 days before experiencing brain bleeds, Reuters reported. The Danish Medicines Agency confirmed it received two “serious reports,” but didn’t give further details on the matter.

The New York Times reported that one of the patients died, and the other, a woman in her 30s, is critically ill. . . .

https://thehill.com/policy/international/europe/544189-two-danish-patients-have-brain-hemorrhages-following-astrazeneca

This is a follow up to a scare that Europe had with AstraZeneca's vaccine a week ago. Its use was suspended while the European Medicines Agency investigated the matter. At the end they concluded that not only they were able to confirm only 25 cases of blood-clotting episodes in 20+ million people vaccinated, but also that it isn't even really possible to tie these problems to the vaccine. COVID-19 itself often causes blood clotting disorders in patients, so, while the average numbers are up since the pandemic began, no further increase was registered since the vaccinations began.

EMA slapped a new warning on the "product informations" sheet (where, to be clear, you already find "death" as a possible side effect) and asked the European countries to move on. Most of them already did.

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 39
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 5:24:56 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

quote:

quote:

This is a follow up to a scare that Europe had with AstraZeneca's vaccine a week ago. Its use was suspended while the European Medicines Agency investigated the matter. At the end they concluded that not only they were able to confirm only 25 cases of blood-clotting episodes in 20+ million people vaccinated, but also that it isn't even really possible to tie these problems to the vaccine. COVID-19 itself often causes blood clotting disorders in patients, so, while the average numbers are up since the pandemic began, no further increase was registered since the vaccinations began.

EMA slapped a new warning on the "product informations" sheet (where, to be clear, you already find "death" as a possible side effect) and asked the European countries to move on. Most of them already did.

Just be aware of the possibilities and if you have had blood clots or similar problems, consult with someone first.

― Julia Child

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 40
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 5:40:52 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

I do know that people have been reported as being infected twice, but what does that tell you about immunity? That natural immunity is weaker than a vaccine?

The nefarious herd immunity "strategy" circa spring 2020 was a dangerous scam (the UK dropped it very very quickly, Holland and Sweden didn't). I just hope the vaccines work. I trust science.

< Message edited by TulliusDetritus -- 3/21/2021 5:41:33 PM >

(in reply to Simulacra53)
Post #: 41
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 6:27:59 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

I do know that people have been reported as being infected twice, but what does that tell you about immunity? That natural immunity is weaker than a vaccine?

The nefarious herd immunity "strategy" circa spring 2020 was a dangerous scam (the UK dropped it very very quickly, Holland and Sweden didn't). I just hope the vaccines work. I trust science.

Herd immunity is still the idea it was just that the hospitals were being overwhelmed and did not know the best treatment protocols.

― Julia Child

Post #: 42
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 6:46:06 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

Herd immunity is still the idea

... via vaccines

... no vaccines = it is a lunacy (by spring 2020 the first cases of reinfected appeared aka a hole in that crazy "strategy"); make sure you have a huge supply of coffins... as the US and Brazil *prove*

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 43
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 7:09:58 PM   
ThomasJay

The wife and I got our first Pfizer doses today at CVS with the 2nd scheduled for April 11th. We had been signed up with the county for weeks with no response, I got fed up and googled "where can I get a covid vaccine NOW" and it brought up a map with 4 different places within 15 minutes of us. Friday i finally got a county text about vaccine registration for a site 45 minutes away.

Post #: 44
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 7:27:58 PM   
RFalvo69

Do those who had their vaccines got a "proof" of some kind? Here in Italy you get a pin button.

(in reply to ThomasJay)
Post #: 45
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 7:51:47 PM   
Lobster

A card with the second shot appointment on the back.

I've heard from 60+ people who have had the shots. No one is dead from it. Like the flu this virus will mutate and booster shots will be needed probably every year. So yeah, like the flu or cold you can catch each variant. The more people who don't get immunized the more likely a large number of different variants. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy. Anyway, kind of pointless trying to tell deaf people to stay off the rail line because the train is coming. They can't hear you anyway.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 46
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 8:30:32 PM   
elmo3

Getting my second Pfizer shot on Tuesday. No side effects from the first.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Post #: 47
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 8:42:13 PM   
Simulacra53

quote:

quote:

Herd immunity is still the idea

... via vaccines

... no vaccines = it is a lunacy (by spring 2020 the first cases of reinfected appeared aka a hole in that crazy "strategy"); make sure you have a huge supply of coffins... as the US and Brazil *prove*

A vaccine infects you in a controlled manner, or uses some other method to teach your body’s immune system to deal with a viral infection.
In principle being infected naturally should be just as effective, why is that’s not scientific? That’s what happens during childhood as well. Vaccines help us in a controlled manner to immunize us before we get infected naturally with a harmful virus that our body can’t deal with. Herd immunity was not harmful, it is still the goal, natural or via vaccination, the problem is peak infection rates and the stress it puts on the system.

Both my wife and I were sick for weeks, not bad enough to be hospitalized - comparable to a bad flu or pneumonia, with some additional problems - but after two weeks the worst was over. Now would you not agree that this would constitute sufficient exposure to the virus and as such its natural response should be equal to that of the current vaccines - non claims 100% protection, many significantly less.

Not anti vaccination, nor science, just using logic and being critical.
It is easy to claim this to be non scientific, but the fact we are not given scientific arguments either.
Lot of unknowns and vagueness.

But I wrote I would not continue, so not keeping my word.

Back to panzers...

< Message edited by Simulacra53 -- 3/21/2021 8:48:22 PM >

Post #: 48
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/21/2021 9:01:24 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grognerd_INC

I got a shot because I'm nearly 70, have bad lungs (ex cigarette and other stuff) and a few other health issues. I want to minimize the symptoms if I get sick. Better to be bed ridden for a few than to be hospitalized or sent to the morgue.

This explains why I got a shot in a short video.

Why you can't compare Covid immunizations

It explains as far as records kept all the immunizations have appeared to give 100% efficacity against death.

Do you mean that if you get that shot that you will never die?

The problem with this disease is that it is new. The part of the problem with the vaccines is that they are new and have not had the same length of testing and then usage like many other vaccines. I also am leery since the legislation removed the liability from the companies that make it so if there is a problem and a person gets permanent problems, then what?

Look at the influenza death rate this year, it is very minimal. Either because of the increased vaccination rate against it or the measures against Covid-19 or a combination of the two. Since there maybe no way of knowing what influenza strain may be dominant during the net influenza season, they won't know what varieties to include that vaccine. So prepare for another round of Covid-19 and influenza net season.

― Julia Child

Post #: 49
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/22/2021 7:08:24 AM   
Pvt_Grunt

No sign of vaccine here in Australia. Our government says they have sourced 53 million doses. I guess they misplaced them somewhere, down the back of the couch with that remote maybe

Anyway, no cases in my state for 24 days now, so no-one feels the need yet. When it comes along I'll get it.......

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 50
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/22/2021 9:51:57 AM   
RFalvo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pvt_Grunt

No sign of vaccine here in Australia. Our government says they have sourced 53 million doses. I guess they misplaced them somewhere

I think that we may have helped (cough...)

https://www.euronews.com/2021/03/04/eu-first-as-italy-blocks-export-of-covid-19-vaccines-to-australia

(in reply to Pvt_Grunt)
Post #: 51
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/22/2021 12:11:39 PM   
Rising-Sun

quote:

ORIGINAL: AbwehrX

Dont want it and will never have it. It isnt a vaccine and the risk is worse than the virus.

True, it doesnt work for everyone, like if aint broken, then dont fix it.

But if you do ended up with something, you should get yourself checked out first, otherwise could spread this as well.

Sadly this nasty virus is still growing and evolving out there and that is scary to the public.

For example, get a Flu Shot before upcoming Winter. So my gf mom here complaining she got sick and i told her it was the flu shot and she wasnt happy lol. It a virus or viruses in those shots to help fighting off those nasty viruses or keep it from getting worst. Again, doesnt work for everyone though.

One winter, i got sick alot and idk if it was the flu shot or could have save my ass lol.

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 52
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/22/2021 12:30:42 PM   
RangerJoe

When people "get sick" after getting vaccinated, it is the bodies response to the vaccine so the body is doing what it should. Seldom do people get the disease from the vaccine and then only if it is a live but "weakened" virus but I am sure that there would be other factors involved.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 53
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/22/2021 2:49:58 PM   
MrsWargamer

Covid is likely the same as stupid or ugly. You can't really cure some things entirely. But there are ways to combat it.

Fortunately, I am both highly educated and good looking :)

I'm not refusing the covid shot, but as I am not what I call in a high-risk life, I'm not in a hurry to get it. I'm ok waiting for those desperate for it to get it first. Sort of like intentionally shopping at the dinner hour, when everyone is home for dinner. Less crowded.

I recall getting the yellow fever needle in basic training. Yeah, that thing wasn't a fun experience. If you flexed your arm vigorously for an hour, it helped speed the process of dealing with it. But you still felt like crap.

Covid and the covid solutions are likely a whole lot of things. Likely most of what we think about it all is based on hysterical reactions. I don't do hysterical reactions myself.

I didn't get the flu shot this winter past. I never went anywhere either. I haven't had cold symptoms for a whole year now that I think of it. Not easy to get something, while wearing a mask and barely ever leaving the home.

But dying from something, that was preventable, has to rank as a sort of Darwin award eh.

I'll get the shot eventually.

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 54
RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning - 3/22/2021 3:55:32 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

And thanks to the misinformation merchants this thread is locked. Keep your nonsense to yourselves.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to MrsWargamer)
Post #: 55
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI