Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I don't get any interdiction in hexes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> I don't get any interdiction in hexes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I don't get any interdiction in hexes - 3/29/2021 6:18:03 PM   
speedyglides

I have tried interdiction with null results so far (I have only played RtL). I get some interdiction when I select units in ground attack, but interdict alone seems to produce no interdiction in the hexes of the area selected. I have been reading some parts of the manual jumping from one place to another. I don't know what I am missing?

< Message edited by speedyglides -- 3/29/2021 6:30:13 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: I don't get any interdiction in hexes - 3/29/2021 7:17:55 PM   
carlkay58

How are you checking for interdiction values? Use the hot-key Shift-U for the best representation. Then note that the black cross/red star marks hexes that have interdiction but not level 1 or above. So you disrupt the strategic and rail movement through these hexes but nothing beyond that.

The Interdiction Values were changed quite a bit in the game so it is MUCH harder to actually get high interdiction values. I would suggest that your problem may be that the area of your interdiction directive is larger than your ground attack directive and that is the difference in interdiction results.

(in reply to speedyglides)
Post #: 2
RE: I don't get any interdiction in hexes - 3/29/2021 7:18:46 PM   
loki100

few bits:

how many planes are you allocating?
are they a good match (mostly tac bombers and fighter bombers)?
how big is your target area?
how clear is the terrain (anything other than clear will see less interdiction)?

Neither side in 1941 can emulate the levels of tactical interdiction the Western Allies can generate in 1944, but all those issues can leave you with very little to show your efforts.

worth noting if you have less than #1 but more than #0 then a wee star (axis or Soviet) will appear in the hex.

Worth asking yourself, what are you aiming for (& indeed why are you doing this)?

The table in 38.7.2 shows how different interdicton levels cause MP problems, unless you can start to generate >4 the biggest single gain is stalling admin movement (& that only really pays off in poor terrain, poor roads and/or poor weather).

As a general question given the size of Russia, your limited air assets is to ask yourself why you aren't allocating these planes to Ground Support (probably the single most useful combat mission in the game). If you aren't sure, then I wouldn't do and broad brush low level interdiction would be low down my list (unless I had a very specific operation in mind)

(in reply to speedyglides)
Post #: 3
RE: I don't get any interdiction in hexes - 3/29/2021 10:20:18 PM   
speedyglides

Thanks a lot.

So far I have been experimenting and trying to understand everything, not trying to find the best tactics yet.

As you say, trying to interdict with a weakened air force over a broad area will hardly produce any interdiction. It has to be a small area to see the effects.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> I don't get any interdiction in hexes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI