Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WarPlan II production

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> WarPlan II production Page: [1]
[Poll]

WarPlan II production

Keep same WP1 system Shipyard factory only
  17% (5)
Shipyard, Armor, Air factories
  53% (15)
Shipyard, Armor, Air 2e, Air 3e, Air 4e
  21% (6)
Force Pools like Strategic Command or GMTs World at War
  7% (2)

Total Votes : 28

(last vote on : 5/9/2021 10:14:12 PM)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WarPlan II production - 4/1/2021 6:55:45 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Gathering ideas for WarPlan II engine.

Future logistics pools will be for land/air. Naval will not have one as it already has a limitation on shipyards and oil. Shipyards are basically factories for ships.

I am thinking of expanding the shipyard system for other Armor and Air.

Maybe Air can be 2 engine, 3 engine, 4 engine planes.

Or go back to force pools.

< Message edited by AlvaroSousa -- 4/12/2021 11:02:05 PM >

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
Post #: 1
RE: WarPlan II production - 4/1/2021 7:12:58 PM   
stjeand

Would you have the same for infantry? You can only train so many people with your "training camps"?

Interesting...
I do like this...and more production facilities could be brought online as dates hit...
Possibly be knocked offline via strat bombing.
OR even be converted, a factory making aircraft might have to switch to armor.

Just thoughts...
Thought might get to complex.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 2
RE: WarPlan II production - 4/1/2021 8:02:00 PM   
ComadrejaKorp

Some time ago, the possibility of relating some purchases to the advancement of technologies was discussed in a forum.

It was commented on the topic of using landing ships for tanks, the idea would be, landing ships cannot be used for tanks until you reach a technology 41

Another unit that gave problems, Paratroopers, can train 1 unit with assault 39/2 units with assault 40/3 units with assault 41

(in reply to stjeand)
Post #: 3
RE: WarPlan II production - 4/1/2021 9:17:59 PM   
AlvaroSousa

It's just a poll right now to gather ideas. I can't really comment on where I might take this as it would be grossly premature.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to ComadrejaKorp)
Post #: 4
RE: WarPlan II production - 4/1/2021 9:52:36 PM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

It's just a poll right now to gather ideas. I can't really comment on where I might take this as it would be grossly premature.

Would consider shipyards and air only and exclude armor as a factory IMHO ... keep armor in the generic category me thinks ...
This keeps things simple ..... no real differentiation for 1e, 2e, 3e or 4e factory infrastructure ......

Post #: 5
RE: WarPlan II production - 4/4/2021 3:41:21 AM   
lion_of_judah

Oh, here is a thought! why not just make this game better with patches, and upgrades instead of making a whole new game for us to spend money on.....

Post #: 6
RE: WarPlan II production - 4/4/2021 6:42:42 AM   
Ratbag55

Would personally prefer: Shipyard, Armor Factory, Air Factory, Rocket Factory

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 7
RE: WarPlan II production - 4/4/2021 4:01:08 PM   
AlvaroSousa

quote:

ORIGINAL: lion_of_judah

Oh, here is a thought! why not just make this game better with patches, and upgrades instead of making a whole new game for us to spend money on.....

#1 This game will be continuously supported and improved. But there is a only a certain point I can take it.

#2 It take less time and less money to create a new code engine, based on the first one, than to change the first one. I was a novice at coding when I started. Now I learned from the errors of my ways. The code has to be completely redone to improve on it and add the other features I want in it.

#3 Lastly indie game developers do need to eat. ~85% of games made don't make nearly enough to live on. Luckily WarPlan 1 made enough that I can continue to make games. The income drops off drastically after the first 3 months. It takes 2 years to make a game if you know what you are doing. My first reason to make games is because I love games, the money is second. I believe making good games will naturally create income. But I still need to live and this is my livelihood.

So to sum up... it is easier, it costs less money, it costs less time, it won't break current games, it is more efficient, it makes a better engine to expand, and it allows me to keep making games. The WarPlan 2 engine will be the base for many other games I will make.

I hope this answers your question.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

Post #: 8
RE: WarPlan II production - 4/4/2021 7:36:57 PM   
MercTom

Hello all,
In my opinion Forced Pools are for scenarios only. You move from Leader to General. As a General, you take orders and run the stratagem that is given to you. Machinery, men, and weapons.

Post #: 9
RE: WarPlan II production - 4/6/2021 12:03:46 AM   
lion_of_judah

It does, and thank you.

Post #: 10
RE: WarPlan II production - 4/6/2021 12:59:43 AM   
MemoryLeak

How about making it automatic? Give each country a certain number of points to use for building. And that's it. No shipyards or factories or any of that nonsense. And if a tank takes 3 months to build or 6 months or ten years, whatever. but don't make your game any more complicated than it already is.

And convoys should just be automatic also. I cannot not figure out how to make a change to the convoy system now, or why I would want to. Or if I should create new one. Pretend we have a staff to do that. Program an AI staff who makes excellent decisions on convoys and diplomacy etc.

Automate this stuff. You currently have a game manual of 112 pages consisting of rules and charts and formulas. It is Impossible to remember all of that. So I think you are going in the wrong direction with Warplan II. Automate as much as possible and let the player fight the war.

Okay gang, take your shot. I will never change my mind. Yeah, I know. No one made me buy this game but I just keep hoping a programmer might make one with the options to automate. And the players who enjoy reading a game manual over and over and over trying to understand and memorize the rules can do that. And from reading all of the posts, I know that the rules are confusing to a heck of a lot of customers. And there are a lot of rules that no one agrees about.

So make options to satisfy the players who want to devote their lives to a game and the players who just want to enjoy a game.

Thank you.

If you want to make GOD laugh, tell him your future plans

USS Long Beach CGN-9
RM2 1969-1973

Post #: 11
RE: WarPlan II production - 4/6/2021 3:54:11 AM   
scout1

Whatever you choose .... as long as I can individually target & bomb them into oblivion .....

I'm good

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 12
RE: WarPlan II production - 4/11/2021 11:41:59 AM   
CHINCHIN

Sounds good to me, it's realistic and it's not complicated. It could be steel, which armored and air units need steel, and naval units, shipyards and steel.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> WarPlan II production Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI