Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: DW2 FAQ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> RE: DW2 FAQ? Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 3/7/2021 5:48:48 PM   
Sild

I've not seen this asked in the OP and I haven't read all the replies here but I would like to know if the "world destroyers" will be making a return. And what other, if any, endgame apocalyptic weaponry/construction can we expect. I know its a rather specific question but I personally enjoy aiming for these uber ships. Makes playing the long games more appealing, so anything you can/want to share would be appreciated. Thanks

(in reply to frankycl)
Post #: 211
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 3/9/2021 10:02:56 AM   
DWS360

Is DW2 going to be hard to be localized by modders? Is it XML-based?

I saw statements like "if it's not translated to my language, it's of no interest". Translations could be worth doing, I suppose. At least the most important ones, like Spanish, French and German.

< Message edited by DWS360 -- 3/9/2021 10:05:36 AM >

(in reply to Sild)
Post #: 212
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 3/23/2021 2:20:06 PM   
Tank Commander_MatrixForum

Im sure its the most asked question but do we have any indication of likely release e.g. 2021 Q2, Q3, Q4...2022 Q1, Q2

I know developers are not keen on bringing pressure by confirming this too soon but given closed beta has started it is likely to be getting any easier question to answer, if indeed its one they want to answer. Like everyone here massive DW1 fan and have been looking forward to DW2 for years

3 write-offs but still a Tank Commander

(in reply to DWS360)
Post #: 213
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 3/23/2021 3:50:02 PM   
Erik Rutins

We'll provide updates on this as time goes on through our official channels. Stay tuned to our chats and streams on Twitch, those will likely precede any announcement here.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 214
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 3/23/2021 9:04:41 PM   
SirHoraceHarkness

So any announcements on the Next Big Announcement?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 215
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 3/23/2021 11:59:51 PM   
woos1981

Does the character have loyalty? Is there a chance that the characters will mutiny or that the characters under your control will band together to force you to change regime?

(in reply to Whiskiz)
Post #: 216
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 3/29/2021 8:04:16 AM   
Ranbir

No chance of a surprise release in 30 days? I got a 38% off coupon but it doesn't last very long.

"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz

(in reply to woos1981)
Post #: 217
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 3/29/2021 10:16:34 AM   

Subjugated Nations
What are the key benefits in DW2 when subjugating a nation?

In DW1 you could subjugate a nation (they are effectively surrendering) who would in the next 5 minutes declare war again. In addition Im not seeing much benefit to the victor. I would suggest:
1. Subjugated nation prevented from declaring war for a set period of time. % minutes game time as current needs increasing
2. A greater benefit given to the Victor in terms of cash and / or built items such as Space Ports, Mining Stations etc
3. I think the subjugated nation pays 10% of income to the victor, Im not sure that is enough, there should be bigger benefit to Victor e.g. 20% or 25%
4. Could a subjugated nation also become an ally, could be multiple options here

Thanks

(in reply to Ranbir)
Post #: 218
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 3/29/2021 10:27:49 AM   
ASHBERY76

1.This was very annoying.I think Subjugated nation should not have independent diplomacy apart from trade deals.Stellaris had multiple types of puppets but Subjugated imo means just that.

Post #: 219
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 3/29/2021 7:56:19 PM   
frac01

HI, thanks for your great game.

will be there something like nation's manpower? I mean a limit of recruitable population that could vary depending of your race or policies?

(in reply to Miletkir)
Post #: 220
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 4/4/2021 8:29:27 AM   
frac01

Will be a difference in characters
lifespan beetween races?
Rappresenting differences in average Age that races could achieve? I would like to see It and the possibilities in technological improvement It could open
Thx

(in reply to frac01)
Post #: 221
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 4/6/2021 3:25:30 PM   
Shuul

Hi, I added it as separate thread, but guess it will have more chances answered here.

So I have few questions here that I didnt find in FAQ:
1. Will it be possible to have few mods loaded instead of 1 "theme" as it is in DWU currently?
2. Is it possible to make optional dependencies on other mods? e.g. if some specific mod is installed my mod will be loaded ONLY after it.
3. Is it possible to add research technologies/trees without overwriting vanilla ones? So that few mods can just add to the tree without conflicts (if they dont work on same technologis of course)
4. Is it possible to add new type of weapon? Like with different mechanics than current weapons have or we will need to use current weapon types?
5. Is it possible to make new weapons to be mounted into new specific mount? And if its possible to add that specific mount to the ship (e.g. If i want to have special ship and weapon that can be mounted ONLY on that ship).

Also, if there is something that devs know straight from their head that modders will not be able to touch due to it being hardcoded that would be nice to know.

Thanks for the answers!

(in reply to frac01)
Post #: 222
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 4/12/2021 8:19:29 AM   
Ranbir

Delete

< Message edited by Ranbir -- 4/12/2021 8:20:10 AM >

"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz

(in reply to Shuul)
Post #: 223
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 5/12/2021 8:03:50 AM   
Ranbir

In the video I saw you could look at ships in the designer, particularly the pirate ship. Is the ability to see all their components/design based on intel or simply being in scanner range?

(in reply to Ranbir)
Post #: 224
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 5/12/2021 2:46:46 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Galaxy227
You recently chatted about DW2's diplomacy on eXplorminate's podcast. The discussion prompted me to ask about whether or not multilateral treaties are making it into DW2 at launch.
Will this be the case?

No, treaties are still bilateral, but there are modifiers as in DW1 wherein a friend of a friend is likely to be more positively disposed towards you, which may effectively lead to increased relations as a result of diplomacy with their ally.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Galaxy227)
Post #: 225
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 5/12/2021 2:49:13 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: frankycl

Ok, I've read and gathered all info I could find about this game, but for me there's still something important missing:

For me the most important thing in any kind of 4X-scifi-space-strategy game is how well a game like this can convey the feeling of reaching out in unknown space and meeting (and interacting with) different alien species.
Therefore I would like to ask, if DW2 (unlike DW1 or DWU in vanilla settings) has any more to offer in this regard, beyond the graphical and technological differences of the various factions/races? (which aren't bad at all - except that I don't know (but hope) if there are also graphical differences between the troops that can be used in ground-battles, etc.(?))
For instance, are there also some cultural differences between those alien races (noticeable even with AI-controlled factions)? Or can the different races also be distinguished in their "character", like e.g. through different use of language (and a different behavior) in the diplomatic (or combat-) interactions?
If this would be the case, too - or could be easily modded (additionally to all the other great things you already developed, explained or have planned for your game), I would certainly buy DW2 right from the start.

There are significant differences between all the alien races and their AIs also have different "personalities" and priorities to help reinforce their playstyle. There is a first contact system that can result in widely varying initial relations when you first meet an alien faction. There is also diplomatic research which, if you invest in it, can improve your diplomatic "baseline" with them over time through a better understanding of their language, culture, history and traditions. There are a wide variety of modifiers and definitions, all moddable, that define what a particular faction or government type is best at or where it is weak.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to frankycl)
Post #: 226
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 5/12/2021 2:49:52 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sild
I've not seen this asked in the OP and I haven't read all the replies here but I would like to know if the "world destroyers" will be making a return. And what other, if any, endgame apocalyptic weaponry/construction can we expect. I know its a rather specific question but I personally enjoy aiming for these uber ships. Makes playing the long games more appealing, so anything you can/want to share would be appreciated. Thanks

This is connected up with the storyline, so I can't really comment at this time, sorry.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Sild)
Post #: 227
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 5/12/2021 2:50:27 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: DWS360
Is DW2 going to be hard to be localized by modders? Is it XML-based?
I saw statements like "if it's not translated to my language, it's of no interest". Translations could be worth doing, I suppose. At least the most important ones, like Spanish, French and German.

We're trying to make sure that it's very moddable and localizable. Some of the beta testers have been localizing the game text during beta.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to DWS360)
Post #: 228
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 5/12/2021 2:50:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: woos1981
Does the character have loyalty? Is there a chance that the characters will mutiny or that the characters under your control will band together to force you to change regime?

Not in the initial release.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to woos1981)
Post #: 229
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 5/12/2021 2:51:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76
1.This was very annoying.I think Subjugated nation should not have independent diplomacy apart from trade deals.Stellaris had multiple types of puppets but Subjugated imo means just that.

Pretty sure we've solved the issue where you end a war and it resumes again shortly thereafter.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 230
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 5/12/2021 2:53:28 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: frac01
HI, thanks for your great game.
will be there something like nation's manpower? I mean a limit of recruitable population that could vary depending of your race or policies?

Not exactly, but one of the things that happens in a full war is that you also lose population either due to invasions, raids or bombardments. Losing population directly affects your economy, research and also local defenses. While you are not limited by population in what you can recruit, your income which determines how many troops you can support is derived significantly from your population.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to frac01)
Post #: 231
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 5/12/2021 2:54:34 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shuul
Hi, I added it as separate thread, but guess it will have more chances answered here.

So I have few questions here that I didnt find in FAQ:
1. Will it be possible to have few mods loaded instead of 1 "theme" as it is in DWU currently?
2. Is it possible to make optional dependencies on other mods? e.g. if some specific mod is installed my mod will be loaded ONLY after it.
3. Is it possible to add research technologies/trees without overwriting vanilla ones? So that few mods can just add to the tree without conflicts (if they dont work on same technologis of course)
4. Is it possible to add new type of weapon? Like with different mechanics than current weapons have or we will need to use current weapon types?
5. Is it possible to make new weapons to be mounted into new specific mount? And if its possible to add that specific mount to the ship (e.g. If i want to have special ship and weapon that can be mounted ONLY on that ship).

Also, if there is something that devs know straight from their head that modders will not be able to touch due to it being hardcoded that would be nice to know.

Thanks for the answers!

Unfortunately it's too early to discuss modding specifics. I wish we could provide more info for modders at this time, but our limited bandwidth means that more modding information will come later.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Shuul)
Post #: 232
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 5/12/2021 2:55:19 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranbir
In the video I saw you could look at ships in the designer, particularly the pirate ship. Is the ability to see all their components/design based on intel or simply being in scanner range?

I was playing with a test version where I could see all designs, but normally you won't be able to see an enemy ship's design unless you have a Trace Scanner which has a power exceeding their Trace Jamming.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Ranbir)
Post #: 233
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 5/12/2021 2:59:02 PM   
Ranbir

Hey Erik, thanks.

Another question, I imagine this is another one of those test build things but when you sent ships to attack the pirate base there were mostly just shaking back and forth in a stationary position while attacking. I imagine that is not a final thing?

Post #: 234
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 5/12/2021 5:46:09 PM   
Erik Rutins

That's not a final thing, I think it was related to them trying to circle the base while periodically bringing more weapon mounts into arc, so it's not technically a bug but I'm sure we can improve the look. It's on our list of things to investigate more fully and improve/resolve before release, but not our highest priority at present.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Ranbir)
Post #: 235
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 5/12/2021 9:38:37 PM   
Galaxy227

As map sizes get larger, do you find DW2 stressing your CPU mostly, or does the application become more RAM-hungry? (I'm sure it's a bit of both, but I'm curious which one is especially the case).

Edit 1: One more question! I just got done watching the second showcase frame-by-frame for the first time. I noticed tiny ships, no larger than fighters, which appeared to be moving back and forth between a mining base and its respective gas giant. Are these little vessels physicalized mining ships, or am I mistaken and they're actually fighters? (For reference, I'm referring to 3:30 in this video).

Edit 2: Lastly, I'd like to thank you for keeping tabs on us throughout the development of DW2, Erik. It keeps us sane.

< Message edited by Galaxy227 -- 5/14/2021 12:23:43 AM >

Post #: 236
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 5/14/2021 7:05:07 PM   
Handbanana

Is it possible to construct bases with multiple roles?
Like giving a starbase both tourism and mining capabilities at the same time?

(in reply to Galaxy227)
Post #: 237
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 5/23/2021 12:23:37 PM   
Reed1981

Hello everyone!

I have a question about colonisation:
Will colonies also consume resources for building cities, infrastructure and whatever else a colony needs? Considering all the resources we have already consumed on our planets, one can imagine what will be consumed in Distant Worlds 2 during the construction phase of colonies, or will this be brought into line with the private economy and offset? ok, on second reading I read that: Ensuring a good supply of construction and luxury resources for good development and happiness. Which resources are used there? Are they produced by the planet itself or do they have to be transported from other sources. thanks for your Time!

< Message edited by Reed1981 -- 5/23/2021 1:14:19 PM >

(in reply to Handbanana)
Post #: 238
RE: DW2 FAQ/QnA megathread - Ask your question here! - 5/29/2021 1:39:36 PM   

In DW1 there seemed to be a bug where:

1. My fleet could arrive at an enemy base / planet yet none of my ships could attack almost as if they had no weapons or munitions of any kind
2. I could arrive an enemy base / station etc with troop transports with troops yet be unable to invade

Is this now resolved?

(in reply to Reed1981)
Post #: 239
RE: DW2 FAQ? - 6/8/2021 2:26:43 PM   
proxomat

I'm not sure, but I haven't read something about upcoming mods.
Will there be a Star Trek Picard mod? Which mods are already anounced?

(in reply to Whiskiz)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> RE: DW2 FAQ? Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI