Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Installed on new computer, can't see search arcs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Installed on new computer, can't see search arcs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installed on new computer, can't see search arcs - 4/10/2021 1:32:42 PM   
crazydave1066

I recently got a new computer and installed the game but for some reason I am unable to see the search arcs of my patrols on the screen. I'm not sure how to get it so they're showing. Is there a way to fix that?
Post #: 1
RE: Installed on new computer, can't see search arcs - 4/10/2021 3:14:42 PM   
geofflambert

A screencap of a squadron would help. I'm presuming you have set a squadron to show arcs and that you have in fact specified a range of degrees to search. Are there actual planes available with actual pilots and is the range of the squadron set to >0?

(in reply to crazydave1066)
Post #: 2
RE: Installed on new computer, can't see search arcs - 4/11/2021 2:43:17 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: crazydave1066

I recently got a new computer and installed the game but for some reason I am unable to see the search arcs of my patrols on the screen. I'm not sure how to get it so they're showing. Is there a way to fix that?

CTRL+Z to see the arcs, if you manually set them. If you left them at "Arcs Random" they will not show because they can change every turn.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 3
RE: Installed on new computer, can't see search arcs - 4/11/2021 6:58:01 PM   
crazydave1066

Thanks! I tried ctrl+z but it didn't work. Here are the screenshots of what I'm seeing

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Installed on new computer, can't see search arcs - 4/11/2021 7:00:14 PM   
crazydave1066

Picture #2

Attachment (1)

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 5
RE: Installed on new computer, can't see search arcs - 4/11/2021 7:46:02 PM   
Yaab

You have the vanilla version of WiTP:AE (industry button is missing). Download the latest official update.

Post #: 6
RE: Installed on new computer, can't see search arcs - 4/11/2021 9:52:14 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: crazydave1066

Thanks! I tried ctrl+z but it didn't work. Here are the screenshots of what I'm seeing

Never operate your aircraft at maximum range unless it is an emergency situation - the fatigue on airframes (PLANES hypertext) and Pilots will result in high Ops losses.

You have your aircraft operation on ASW, not Naval Search so I am unsure if search arcs are displayed. Also, ASW is a more intensive search so whatever range you set, the actual search distance will be half of that. That does not make your range of 18 OK - I think setting max range means the aircraft will fly to the last drops of fuel and get the same wear and tear on pilots and airframes.

Also, I don't see the area of the screen where you manually set the arcs (lower right, below the mission orders) so it might not have been in the game when first released.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Installed on new computer, can't see search arcs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI