Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Turn 12 Axis Panzer Reinforcements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Turn 12 Axis Panzer Reinforcements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Turn 12 Axis Panzer Reinforcements - 4/12/2021 4:37:49 PM   
Bamilus

So, I've tried both ways with this and am struggling to figure out which one is better. I get this question is highly contextual, but I'll ask anyways.

When the Axis get the 2nd and 5th Panzer Divisions on Turn 12, is it best to use tactical movement to get them to AGS or use railway (at least part of the way)? I'm not sure what's worse: the wear and tear on the ground elements and trucks using tactical MP (plus delay in getting to the front lines), or using an insane amount of rail capacity that will negatively impact supply for probably 2-3 turns.

Infantry divisions and smaller units I have no issues with railing at least part of the way. I can seem to keep the rail capacity from being overwhelmed, but these are massive divisions with huge capacity. Just curious how people typically handle these.

< Message edited by Bamilus -- 4/12/2021 4:38:44 PM >

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
Post #: 1
RE: Turn 12 Axis Panzer Reinforcements - 4/12/2021 6:37:17 PM   
malyhin1517

Whenever possible, I only use the railroad! Especially at a great distance! If you move a tank division under your own power, then you will have to restore its combat effectiveness! And by rail, she will come in full combat readiness and will be able to seriously help! I think this is more important than a slight decrease in the amount of supply in this section! Especially if you have a superdepo!

Sorry, i use an online translator :(

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 2
RE: Turn 12 Axis Panzer Reinforcements - 4/12/2021 7:12:57 PM   
First_Contact_Gamer

I would agree with Malyhin, I would also use railroad to bring them to the front. I think, in my perspective, limited situations I wouldn't that would involve a very stressed frontline for supply issues that if there was even the slightest disruption it could cause the line to break.

(in reply to malyhin1517)
Post #: 3
RE: Turn 12 Axis Panzer Reinforcements - 4/12/2021 11:51:11 PM   
carlkay58

I use the railroad up to the last large railyard before the front. In my AAR I was sending them to 1 PG and routed them through Hungary and Rumania to lessen the strain on the German railnet.

(in reply to First_Contact_Gamer)
Post #: 4
RE: Turn 12 Axis Panzer Reinforcements - 4/13/2021 12:57:34 AM   
Bamilus

Thanks for the responses, and yea Carl that's what I've been doing to when I send units to AGS. Figure the Hungarians and Romanians won't care much!

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Turn 12 Axis Panzer Reinforcements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI