Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

question regarding moving air directive boxes like in WITE 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> question regarding moving air directive boxes like in WITE 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
question regarding moving air directive boxes like in W... - 4/13/2021 6:43:41 AM   
sven6345789

In WITE 2 you can move air directive boxes around by left klicking and dragging them to another place. (for example, the front moves and you want to adjust your recon box).

I never gave that a thought in WITW.

Now i know you cannot move them in the same manner like in WITE 2.

Is there another way i have missed so far?

If not, is there a chance to implement that in WITW as well?

Any possibility to include the very good concept of AOGs in WITW?

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943
Post #: 1
RE: question regarding moving air directive boxes like ... - 4/13/2021 8:41:48 AM   
loki100

you can do much the same, resize, shift around etc using the same functionality.

bringing in the AOGs is a different project, but I do agree, now I'm used to them I find having to manage the allied airforce at the air group level is a bit tedious

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 2
RE: question regarding moving air directive boxes like ... - 4/13/2021 5:08:20 PM   
cfulbright

Loki,

Are you saying that there's a way in WitW to drag around air directive boxes that I've missed all these years, or am I misunderstanding you? I've always had to click on "Hex" and point to a new location on the map.

Cary

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: question regarding moving air directive boxes like ... - 4/14/2021 8:29:54 AM   
loki100

arggh, apols, no you can't.

reason I was confused was this functionality went into WiTE2 very early in development and I thought at the stage when the 2 code bases were the same (so it would have come into WiTW) - clearly it hasn't.

a real pity as it is rather fun and does help a lot with fine-tuning your allocation patterns

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 4
RE: question regarding moving air directive boxes like ... - 4/14/2021 2:21:43 PM   
cfulbright

Roger,

No problem.

Cary

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 5
RE: question regarding moving air directive boxes like ... - 4/18/2021 10:10:35 AM   
cato13

dammit i was getting excited there for a minute. Its one frustating thing about air directives that your stuck with the default hex settings and you cant manually add and remove individual hexes to an attack order.

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> question regarding moving air directive boxes like in WITE 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI