question regarding moving air directive boxes like in WITE 2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West

sven6345789 -> question regarding moving air directive boxes like in WITE 2 (4/13/2021 6:43:41 AM)

In WITE 2 you can move air directive boxes around by left klicking and dragging them to another place. (for example, the front moves and you want to adjust your recon box).

I never gave that a thought in WITW.

Now i know you cannot move them in the same manner like in WITE 2.

Is there another way i have missed so far?

If not, is there a chance to implement that in WITW as well?

Any possibility to include the very good concept of AOGs in WITW?

loki100 -> RE: question regarding moving air directive boxes like in WITE 2 (4/13/2021 8:41:48 AM)

you can do much the same, resize, shift around etc using the same functionality.

bringing in the AOGs is a different project, but I do agree, now I'm used to them I find having to manage the allied airforce at the air group level is a bit tedious

cfulbright -> RE: question regarding moving air directive boxes like in WITE 2 (4/13/2021 5:08:20 PM)

Loki,

Are you saying that there's a way in WitW to drag around air directive boxes that I've missed all these years, or am I misunderstanding you? I've always had to click on "Hex" and point to a new location on the map.

Cary

loki100 -> RE: question regarding moving air directive boxes like in WITE 2 (4/14/2021 8:29:54 AM)

arggh, apols, no you can't.

reason I was confused was this functionality went into WiTE2 very early in development and I thought at the stage when the 2 code bases were the same (so it would have come into WiTW) - clearly it hasn't.

a real pity as it is rather fun and does help a lot with fine-tuning your allocation patterns

cfulbright -> RE: question regarding moving air directive boxes like in WITE 2 (4/14/2021 2:21:43 PM)

Roger,

No problem.

Cary

cato13 -> RE: question regarding moving air directive boxes like in WITE 2 (4/18/2021 10:10:35 AM)

dammit i was getting excited there for a minute. Its one frustating thing about air directives that your stuck with the default hex settings and you cant manually add and remove individual hexes to an attack order.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI