Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MPP computation within reports

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> MPP computation within reports Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MPP computation within reports - 5/6/2021 2:00:02 PM   
schnetzler

Score: 0
Since v20, I think there is a new algorithm for the MPP computation of losses : losses seem to be much more greater than the report. What' new ? Who has the same feeling ?
Post #: 1
RE: MPP computation within reports - 5/7/2021 3:54:16 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Thanks for the report, I believe I see the issue. We had tried to fix something there but it looks like I may have introduced a further error. I'll look into this and correct it for the next patch. Sorry about this.

(in reply to schnetzler)
Post #: 2
RE: MPP computation within reports - 5/7/2021 4:32:42 PM   
Hubert Cater

I had to double check this and it looks like the change that was made was to have the losses for units match the reinforcement costs, e.g. if your Strategic Bomber lost 3 strength points, the losses would now report as 52 MPPs as that is what it would cost to reinforce it back to 10.

Previously it would have been reported as having lost 30% of its original cost which would have worked out to 105 MPPs.

You spend 350 MPPs on a bomber, this is shown as spent.
You reinforce that bomber, this is also shown as spent.

Your losses could either be based on the original cost, or what it costs you to reinforce. I can see arguments for it being represented one way or the other.

For example, if we report the losses based on the original cost then what you spend without reinforcement will match. But your reinforcement spending does not match the calculated losses.

If on the other hand we report the losses based on the reinforcement costs, then what you spend to reinforce will match the reported losses. However, the reported losses will not match up with what was originally spent on the unit.

Apologies for not making a note of this in the VERSION NOTES text file for the last update.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: MPP computation within reports - 5/8/2021 11:14:15 AM   
The Land

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

I had to double check this and it looks like the change that was made was to have the losses for units match the reinforcement costs, e.g. if your Strategic Bomber lost 3 strength points, the losses would now report as 52 MPPs as that is what it would cost to reinforce it back to 10.

Previously it would have been reported as having lost 30% of its original cost which would have worked out to 105 MPPs.

You spend 350 MPPs on a bomber, this is shown as spent.
You reinforce that bomber, this is also shown as spent.

Your losses could either be based on the original cost, or what it costs you to reinforce. I can see arguments for it being represented one way or the other.

For example, if we report the losses based on the original cost then what you spend without reinforcement will match. But your reinforcement spending does not match the calculated losses.

If on the other hand we report the losses based on the reinforcement costs, then what you spend to reinforce will match the reported losses. However, the reported losses will not match up with what was originally spent on the unit.

Apologies for not making a note of this in the VERSION NOTES text file for the last update.

Does the new system handle out-of-supply destructions, or does it assume every strength point lost can be reinforced?

1985 Red Storm mod - Beta testing!

Always wanted to play a "Cold War goes hot" scenario? Come and join in!

Post #: 4
RE: MPP computation within reports - 5/8/2021 5:04:30 PM   
Hubert Cater

Just taking a look and there is no change there, just meaning that even under the old system, strength point losses were not accounted for in terms of 'mpps' lost for units.

I have a suggestion and idea on how to possibly handle this going forward, and since I have also raised it in the original thread, I suggest we move the conversation there to consolidate the thoughts and responses.

It can be found here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4992606

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 5
RE: MPP computation within reports - 5/15/2021 3:44:41 AM   
KorporalKeith

Game id 312137

I'm currently playing Fall Weiss WIE 8.3 as the AXIS. The UK has anti-tank and anti-air units in and around Paris. When I hover over them (prepare to attack) the odds are variously 5:0 or greater. I have attempted to attack and suffered enormous losses.

Is there are bug in the odds? Its the end of August and I can make no head-way against these invincible units.

I am resigning (after you check the game), shooting Hitler and begging forgiveness of France and England.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> MPP computation within reports Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI