Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Fixed] Ctrl-S hotkey not working in Scenario Editor.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Fixed] Ctrl-S hotkey not working in Scenario Editor. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Fixed] Ctrl-S hotkey not working in Scenario Editor. - 5/6/2021 3:44:17 PM   
theohedd

Command Version: v1.03, build 1147_23
I was trying to use the save (Ctrl-S) hotkey today (5/6/2021) while editing the included scenario, and it would only work intermittently, only with certain sides, etc. I restarted my computer, as it required an update, and nothing changed. I noticed when starting up Command my taskbar was visible, which is not normally the case, including yesterday, when the hotkey was working fine. I'm wondering what might be causing this and how can I fix it? Is it something to do with the new DLC? That came out about 1 hour before I started Command, so maybe the included update broke something? Any help would be appreciated.
Note: This isn't an issue with my keyboard/keys, as the issue persisted with my non-laptop keyboard.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by WSBot -- 5/10/2021 3:23:27 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Ctrl-S hotkey not working in Scenario Editor. - 5/6/2021 10:18:26 PM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

I noticed when starting up Command my taskbar was visible

That's an enhancement in this official release (and with prior betas, if you have windowed mode enabled)
quote:

* TWEAK: The start screen is now full-screen or maximized (ie. taskbar visible) according to the preference of the last setting chosen in view menu option for full-screen or windowed mode. https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5015112

Ctrl-s
When you say intermittent ignoring, do you mean you can touch\click nothing else and pressing ctrl-s will work and then ctrl-s 5 seconds later will not work, _or_ do you mean more like just as you go about your business and occasionally press ctrl-s it at times seems to ignore you and others it doesn't?

If the latter and you have other windows open (like lua console,db viewer, etc) try making sure the main form\screen has focus before hitting ctrl-s. I run into something similar from time to time with some hotkeys and the editor when I have lots of forms open and alt-tabbing between lua console and editor window sometimes where I have to explicitly re-click the mainwindow (and off of say dbviewer) after tabbing over for the shortcut like ctrl-c to work as intended on the correct winform. I can reproduce what you describe by involving the aforementioned with ctrl-s (dbviewer has focus ctrl-s will not be trapped,lua has focus ctrl-s will not be trapped etc), and I think that behavior makes sense in windowed mode.

(in reply to theohedd)
Post #: 2
RE: Ctrl-S hotkey not working in Scenario Editor. - 5/7/2021 12:27:09 AM   
theohedd

quote:

When you say intermittent ignoring, do you mean you can touch\click nothing else and pressing ctrl-s will work and then ctrl-s 5 seconds later will not work, _or_ do you mean more like just as you go about your business and occasionally press ctrl-s it at times seems to ignore you and others it doesn't?

When this first started this morning (USCT), by pressing Alt-S to switch sides, the Ctrl-S hotkey would work after doing that sometimes, but that 'trick' has stopped working.
quote:

If the latter and you have other windows open (like lua console,db viewer, etc) try making sure the main form\screen has focus before hitting ctrl-s. I run into something similar from time to time with some hotkeys and the editor when I have lots of forms open and alt-tabbing between lua console and editor window sometimes where I have to explicitly re-click the mainwindow (and off of say dbviewer) after tabbing over for the shortcut like ctrl-c to work as intended on the correct winform. I can reproduce what you describe by involving the aforementioned with ctrl-s (dbviewer has focus ctrl-s will not be trapped,lua has focus ctrl-s will not be trapped etc), and I think that behavior makes sense in windowed mode.

As of testing right now, the hotkey does not work in windowed mode, fullscreen, and regardless if it's been focused as you described, or if there is another CMO window open. I can't help but think that the update or the act of the game updating somehow did this, as everything was working yesterday. The thing with the taskbar seemed important to me because normally, upon launch, only the CMO loading screen would be shown unless I alt-tabed. That changed as described only after today's update, not sure if that was why, however.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 3
RE: Ctrl-S hotkey not working in Scenario Editor. - 5/7/2021 1:34:42 PM   
WSBot

(in reply to theohedd)
Post #: 4
RE: Ctrl-S hotkey not working in Scenario Editor. - 5/7/2021 6:25:01 PM   
theohedd

Update: I think the hotkey may still be working but for some reason, the normal visual indication of saving (top bar changing color) doesn't show up. I noticed this when trying it again, and noticing the slight lag I was used to when saving, but no visual indication. I checked, and the file looks like it's been updated, and when saving and loading, it looks like it is working as intended, just without the usual indication. Problem solved? I'm not sure if this is just a change or a weird bug.

(in reply to WSBot)
Post #: 5
RE: Ctrl-S hotkey not working in Scenario Editor. - 5/7/2021 8:38:24 PM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: theohedd

Update: I think the hotkey may still be working but for some reason, the normal visual indication of saving (top bar changing color) doesn't show up. I noticed this when trying it again, and noticing the slight lag I was used to when saving, but no visual indication. I checked, and the file looks like it's been updated, and when saving and loading, it looks like it is working as intended, just without the usual indication. Problem solved? I'm not sure if this is just a change or a weird bug.

Yeah when I was testing earlier and it was working fine when it had focus, I was specially checking file timestamps to see if it actually saved. I didn't even know there was anything (past or present) to indicate progress to be on the lookout for since I rarely use that hotkey, interesting.

(in reply to theohedd)
Post #: 6
RE: Ctrl-S hotkey not working in Scenario Editor. - 5/7/2021 10:45:13 PM   
theohedd

The weirdest thing is when I save by clicking the save button under the File option it still has a visual representation (the colored buttons go light grey). No clue why there's a difference all the sudden.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 7
RE: Ctrl-S hotkey not working in Scenario Editor. - 5/8/2021 1:04:56 AM   
michaelm75au

A change (for the next build) has been made to enable the visible indicator when using the shortcut. The save was happening when it was in the Editor mode.

Michael

(in reply to theohedd)
Post #: 8
RE: Ctrl-S hotkey not working in Scenario Editor. - 5/8/2021 3:01:42 PM   
theohedd

Thanks so much! Love how responsive and engaged the dev team is for this project!

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 9
RE: Ctrl-S hotkey not working in Scenario Editor. - 5/12/2021 1:26:35 PM   
michaelm75au

Fixed in build (1147.24)

Michael

(in reply to theohedd)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Fixed] Ctrl-S hotkey not working in Scenario Editor. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI