Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editor Manual Coming?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Editor Manual Coming? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editor Manual Coming? - 4/18/2021 3:08:38 AM   
pz501

Now that people are branching out and exploring things with the editor, can we look forward to seeing a manual for it anytime soon?

War in The West has one that is a little help but things have changed so much with WiTE2, that we really are dealing with a whole new thing.

"And I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." Oberfeldwebel Rolf Steiner, The Cross of Iron
Post #: 1
RE: Editor Manual Coming? - 4/18/2021 12:10:21 PM   
kahta

I have volunteered to write it, but I'm currently workout my computers due to a move.

(in reply to pz501)
Post #: 2
RE: Editor Manual Coming? - 4/19/2021 9:05:42 PM   
pz501

Decided to give this a little bump with the hopes that someone official on the Dev Team will notice it.

We have a very powerful looking editor that appears to be much more versatile (and more complex) than the one included with War in the West.

That's a good thing. What's not so good is that while the WiTW editor documentation is somewhat helpful in trying to use this one, it can't really serve as a substitute. There are a ton of new features and a lot of the old features have been revised.

Understanding that priority must be given to fixing bugs and data problems, I still wonder if anyone in the know can confirm or deny that we will get any sort of documentation to help with using the editor?

"And I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." Oberfeldwebel Rolf Steiner, The Cross of Iron

(in reply to pz501)
Post #: 3
RE: Editor Manual Coming? - 5/14/2021 4:13:34 AM   
76mm

Very disappointed that there is not an manual for the editor. I don't have WitW and have no idea where to even start...

(in reply to pz501)
Post #: 4
RE: Editor Manual Coming? - 5/14/2021 7:18:54 AM   
Floxolydian

Devs have stated that two weeks before release some errors occurred with parts of the editor. They decided to disable parts of the editor (like editing certain scenario data like factories, production, leaders (editing right now only possible via GedData edit)).

And that they'll bring it back eventually but will firstly focus on getting the main game stable.

So I personally think it makes sense to wait with a manual until the editor actually works as intended.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 5
RE: Editor Manual Coming? - 5/14/2021 11:37:15 AM   
76mm

OK, makes sense, I haven't kept up with all of the forum news. But it would still be nice to understand what the editor can and can't do (or will be able to do when it is fixed).

(in reply to Floxolydian)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Editor Manual Coming? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI