Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Fall Weiss II

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> RE: Fall Weiss II Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fall Weiss II - 6/27/2020 5:27:54 PM   
Elessar2

I surrender. Despite putting all ship builds at the top of the script, fleet carriers 1st, it appears that the only ships the AI got [other than those already in the build queue at start] were ones from Expert AI Unit scripts. Not a single carrier to be seen.

Quick question [which kind of snuck up on me, tho it apparently was a feature from Hubert/Bill's original scenario]: why don't the Russians get discounts on their infantry builds like they do in the Euro scenario? I overdid my tech builds, and only started building up the USSR's army too late, and only then noticed that I was paying the full prices for them. Even if I had eschewed said ~2000 MPPs of tech, that's only going to give me 7-13 additional ground units, which wouldn't have much of a prayer of standing up to the Axis tsunami of 140 ground units.

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 91
RE: Fall Weiss II - 6/28/2020 8:39:35 PM   
Elessar2

[Meant to add] I guess the only alternative is your idea about scripting the carriers-with sufficient randomization it likely could be simulated rather straightforwardly.

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 92
RE: Fall Weiss II - 6/30/2020 3:37:25 AM   
crispy131313

Scripting the AI is the toughest part best left to those getting paid lol I think some purchases via DE is best way to go.

As for the Soviets, I’ve kept all of the units as they are in vanilla. The idea with this campaign was more to expand the sandbox rather than tinker with everything as I did in WiE.

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 93
RE: Fall Weiss II - 8/10/2020 1:14:05 AM   
crispy131313

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbafrcytm90a5v1/Fall%20Weiss%20II%20World%20Map%20v3.0.zip?dl=0

Small update, just tidying things up for a PBEM match.

- Added Belligerence scripts so that UK/India units can enter occupied Burma prior to war with Japan
- Fixed a French NM event after the fall of Paris
- Added a Japanese NM boost if USA declares war on Japan

(in reply to crispy131313)
Post #: 94
RE: Fall Weiss II - 8/13/2020 4:46:30 PM   
Cpuncher

Would really like to try this mod. Any chance you have posted a summary of the major changes from the vanilla game?

Post #: 95
RE: Fall Weiss II - 8/13/2020 5:19:34 PM   
crispy131313

I have only played it once as the Allies, and am about to begin my first PBEM. Keep in mind the game was designed with PBEM in mind, I did make some tweaks to the AI to handle the different scenarios that could come about, but in the vanilla match I played I found the Allied AI to be weak in the pacific and that has not been improved on my end so if you do play solo I would recommend playing Allies vs Axis AI. The match I played against Axis AI was very enjoyable and I purposely went "off script" to test.

As for changes, this was much less adventurous than my WiE mod which dramatically changed research, combat stats etc. This was fully about creating a sandbox with additional events, strategies and political outcomes.

I'll highlight a few important ones;

- Economic warfare against Germany. Germany throughout the game receives imports from Hungary, Romania, Yugoslavia, USSR,Greece, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Vichy France, Norway, Sweden, Argentina and Turkey. The latter of which you will have the ability to counter throughout the game.
- USA can declare war on the Axis prior to Pearl Harbor
- UK can mobilize the entire Commonwealth including Pacific nations
- Japan and USSR will have to each agree to neutrality pact or will be bound to war by the Tripartite Pact (it's automatic if Axis declare war in 1940 prior to the negotiation however)
- Some minor nations can receive military imports from Majors to grow stronger prior to joining the war, this can either be a defensive deterrent or prelude to an Alliance
- There are many other events and some have been re-written (such as Italy DOW Greece decision) some events are purely what-if such as the UK evoking the Anglo-Portuguese Alliance at the beginning of the war, or if USSR occupied the Baltic Straits.

Give it a go and go off script (evoke the Anglo Portuguese Alliance, Occupy the straits as USSR, Declare war on Japan as USA, activate the entire Commonwealth) it will be a refreshing change if nothing else! I did these four in my match and it was a blast.

(in reply to Cpuncher)
Post #: 96
RE: Fall Weiss II - 8/14/2020 12:29:57 AM   
Cpuncher

quote:

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

I have only played it once as the Allies, and am about to begin my first PBEM. Keep in mind the game was designed with PBEM in mind, I did make some tweaks to the AI to handle the different scenarios that could come about, but in the vanilla match I played I found the Allied AI to be weak in the pacific and that has not been improved on my end so if you do play solo I would recommend playing Allies vs Axis AI. The match I played against Axis AI was very enjoyable and I purposely went "off script" to test.

As for changes, this was much less adventurous than my WiE mod which dramatically changed research, combat stats etc. This was fully about creating a sandbox with additional events, strategies and political outcomes.

I'll highlight a few important ones;

- Economic warfare against Germany. Germany throughout the game receives imports from Hungary, Romania, Yugoslavia, USSR,Greece, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Vichy France, Norway, Sweden, Argentina and Turkey. The latter of which you will have the ability to counter throughout the game.
- USA can declare war on the Axis prior to Pearl Harbor
- UK can mobilize the entire Commonwealth including Pacific nations
- Japan and USSR will have to each agree to neutrality pact or will be bound to war by the Tripartite Pact (it's automatic if Axis declare war in 1940 prior to the negotiation however)
- Some minor nations can receive military imports from Majors to grow stronger prior to joining the war, this can either be a defensive deterrent or prelude to an Alliance
- There are many other events and some have been re-written (such as Italy DOW Greece decision) some events are purely what-if such as the UK evoking the Anglo-Portuguese Alliance at the beginning of the war, or if USSR occupied the Baltic Straits.

Give it a go and go off script (evoke the Anglo Portuguese Alliance, Occupy the straits as USSR, Declare war on Japan as USA, activate the entire Commonwealth) it will be a refreshing change if nothing else! I did these four in my match and it was a blast.

Thanks. All very interesting stuff.

Anything done on the game balancing side of things? I see the victory conditions are not changed.

< Message edited by Cpuncher -- 8/14/2020 12:30:29 AM >

Post #: 97
RE: Fall Weiss II - 8/14/2020 12:53:21 AM   
crispy131313

Most of the what if events are balanced with consequences as for victory conditions no changes yet at this time, perhaps if the mod gains transaction I’ll keep updating it. It’s been pretty quiet and still only about to start my first human march.

The biggest change this mod offers is variability. Quickly looking at the scripts I pinpoint roughly;

150 Decision Events
125 Unit Script Events
100 Mobilization_3 Events
Various other types of scripts, none that approach the above numbers.

This is a list of the Yes/No decision events (copied from a much older thread), as you can see many of the decision events are dummy as this is much shorter than 150. It also has a heavy focus on the European theater, as I had mentioned this was an opportunity to port my ongoing European mod into the world scale, with some additional tweaks. Much of what I've included in the European mod would not fit at this scale, so I adjusted and removed where I thought I should. The Pacific can still be shaken up, but it's more on the Allied player to do so, otherwise Japan's goals are clear leading up to and around Pearl Harbor.

UK:
The Anglo-Portuguese Alliance
Blockade American Imports To Spain
Reaction to the Blue Division
The Allies Jointly Pressure Turkey
Military Exports to Portugal
Military Exports to Turkey
Relations with Switzerland
Switzerland Ends Axis Relations
Relations with Portugal
Blockade Turkey
Training Norwegian and Danish Forces in Sweden
Upgrade Malta Garrison
Trade Agreement With Greece
Military Support of Greece
Deploy 1st Canadian Infantry
Secret Irish Protocol
Invasion of Norway
Mobilize the Whole Commonwealth
Crush Burmese Independence
Invade Syria
Soviet Naval Base at Cyprus
Operation Sledgehammer or Overlord

USA:
Allies Jointly Pressure Turkey
Military Exports To Turkey
Commitments to Turkish War Entry
Military Exports to Sweden
Swedish Convoy To Germany
Lend Lease to Saudi Arabia
Oil Embargo on Japan
Unprovoked War Entrance
Recognize Vichy France

USSR:
Allies Jointly Pressure Turkey
Non-Aggression Pact - Military Imports From Germany
Stalingrad Reinforcements
Civilian Engineers
German Soviet Commercial Agreement
Non-Aggression Pact with Turkey
Non-Aggression Pact with Japan
Deploy Modern Tanks
Placement of Strategic Reserves
Investment in Strategic Reserves
Demand Sweden Surrender Baltic State Gold Reserves

Germany:
Spanish Blue Division
Collaboration with Switzerland
Relations with Portugal
Trade Agreement with Portugal
Switzerland Seizes German Gold
Recapture Swiss Gold
Treaty of Friendship with Turkey
Trade Agreement with Turkey
Non-Aggression Pact - Military Exports to USSR
Civil Aid To Spain
Deliver Modern Tanks to Romania
Military Exports To Spain
Development of Spanish Mines
Repayment of Spanish Debt
Vichy Collaboration Policy
German-Soviet Commercial Agreement
Fall Blau
DAK Reinforcements
Offensive In the Ardennes
Relations with Greece
An Alliance with Greece
Trade Agreement with Switzerland
Transfer Troops Through Sweden
Operation Sealion
Oil Exports To Italy
Coal Exports To Italy
Schwerer Gustav Gun
German Naval Strategy
Naval Infantry - Abandon Kriegsmarine
An Alliance with Vichy France
Iraqi Reinforcements
Motorized Garrison - East Africa
Influence Paraguay
Alliance with Turkey

Italy:
Military Exports to Sweden
Civil Aid to Spain
Military Exports To Spain
North Africa Reinforcements
Sale of Naval Assets
Aircraft Industry Investment
Egypt Offensive
BETASOM Submarine Base
Revised Decision - DOW Greece

Japan:
Non-Aggression Pact with USSR

< Message edited by crispy131313 -- 8/14/2020 1:20:49 AM >

(in reply to Cpuncher)
Post #: 98
RE: Fall Weiss II - 5/23/2021 7:04:45 PM   
Yvan1326

Hello,
I discovered your work today and I'm very funny
For completed your decision change, I want to share these
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5015514

Have you a fully list of changed events?
Thank

Post #: 99
RE: Fall Weiss II - 1/2/2022 4:26:58 PM   
Robert24

Hi Crispy,
I've been aware of your mod since SC2 days, but I finally took your newest version for a spin. The Axis AI could not be defeated as quickly as in the original version (or have I played the original version thoroughly enough I know the Axis AI too well ...) Great stuff! I really enjoyed it.
I recommend for anyone.
Thank you.

(in reply to Yvan1326)
Post #: 100
RE: Fall Weiss II - 1/12/2022 1:28:31 AM   
crispy131313

Thanks Robert! The mod certainly hasn't the same popularity as the WiE version, but glad to hear you enjoyed it!

(in reply to Robert24)
Post #: 101
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> RE: Fall Weiss II Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI