Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Love this game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Love this game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Love this game - 8/29/2003 5:13:47 AM   
petdoc

Just wanted to send a note and let Matrix know how much I enjoy this game. The only 2 Matrix games I own are KP and Uncommon Valor. Talk about batting 1.000! My only critisism/pet peeve/very minor gripe would be the map. I'm sure its been mentioned before but I have a hard time assessing the overall topography of the battlefield. Especially bridges, which seem to be very important, seem to be difficult to find/see sometimes. Unfortunately I have no solutions - maybe a little less detail on the map? I grew up on AH board games so a bit more abstract map would be fine with me, if it made it easier to assess the entire battlefield a bit better. Minor complaint however. This is a great game.
P.S also wanted to say that I think Normandy would be great. I've played lots on Normandy board games (my favourite being Breakout Normandy by AH - fast, unpredictable, relatively easy to learn with great flow), but I've yet to find a satisfactory computer version. I tried Tillers Normandy, but gave up - talk about migraine inducing graphics - I found it slow and extremely difficult to differentiate units on that map. I think SSG would do a terrific job. Thanks again and sorry for the rambling post.
Post #: 1
- 8/29/2003 6:38:56 AM   
Fred98

Not rambling, just a wargamer.

I too have KP and UV, both great games :)

(in reply to petdoc)
Post #: 2
- 8/29/2003 6:37:25 PM   
Massattack

[QUOTE=petdoc] I tried Tillers Normandy, but gave up - talk about migraine inducing graphics - I found it slow and extremely difficult to differentiate units on that map.[/QUOTE]

I like the Pzc series for the smaller scenarios, but for the reasons you give above the campaign games are just too daunting. The KP scale makes more sense for a campaign game, the divisional highlight tool is better (plus better division logos), and the ability to hop sequentially between all units in a division, makes it easier to keep division integrity in KP. Trying to find the correct HQ units and keep them within the required radius in Pzc in a large crowded scenario.....say no more!!

Re the map reading problem in KP, spotting bridges etc, I find the keystoke EMU clears the battlefield nicely, allowing a search for those vital bridges, but I also put my vote down for the zoom function!

Regards

(in reply to petdoc)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Love this game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI