Love this game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

petdoc -> Love this game (8/29/2003 5:13:47 AM)

Just wanted to send a note and let Matrix know how much I enjoy this game. The only 2 Matrix games I own are KP and Uncommon Valor. Talk about batting 1.000! My only critisism/pet peeve/very minor gripe would be the map. I'm sure its been mentioned before but I have a hard time assessing the overall topography of the battlefield. Especially bridges, which seem to be very important, seem to be difficult to find/see sometimes. Unfortunately I have no solutions - maybe a little less detail on the map? I grew up on AH board games so a bit more abstract map would be fine with me, if it made it easier to assess the entire battlefield a bit better. Minor complaint however. This is a great game.
P.S also wanted to say that I think Normandy would be great. I've played lots on Normandy board games (my favourite being Breakout Normandy by AH - fast, unpredictable, relatively easy to learn with great flow), but I've yet to find a satisfactory computer version. I tried Tillers Normandy, but gave up - talk about migraine inducing graphics - I found it slow and extremely difficult to differentiate units on that map. I think SSG would do a terrific job. Thanks again and sorry for the rambling post.

Fred98 -> (8/29/2003 6:38:56 AM)

Not rambling, just a wargamer.

I too have KP and UV, both great games :)

Massattack -> (8/29/2003 6:37:25 PM)

[QUOTE=petdoc] I tried Tillers Normandy, but gave up - talk about migraine inducing graphics - I found it slow and extremely difficult to differentiate units on that map.[/QUOTE]

I like the Pzc series for the smaller scenarios, but for the reasons you give above the campaign games are just too daunting. The KP scale makes more sense for a campaign game, the divisional highlight tool is better (plus better division logos), and the ability to hop sequentially between all units in a division, makes it easier to keep division integrity in KP. Trying to find the correct HQ units and keep them within the required radius in Pzc in a large crowded scenario.....say no more!!

Re the map reading problem in KP, spotting bridges etc, I find the keystoke EMU clears the battlefield nicely, allowing a search for those vital bridges, but I also put my vote down for the zoom function!

Regards

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI