Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Nordland line in Norway is 16 years ahead of schedule!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Scenario Data / Map Issues >> The Nordland line in Norway is 16 years ahead of schedule! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Nordland line in Norway is 16 years ahead of schedule! - 6/8/2021 8:11:17 AM   
Shiversprite

Greetings, upon looking at the map in Norway it came to my attention that the Nordland rail seemed to be way ahead of it's time!

The rail on the map goes to 136,53 which lands on the town of Bodø (which coincidentally is my hometown), however it turns out the rail never made it up that far before 1961, 16 years after the end of the war.

So how far did the rail actually go? The Germans managed to lay the groundwork, by blowing tunnels all the way up to Narvik, yet the rail network only made it to Dunderland which approximately would be 137,61 on the map on May 1st 1945.

Since Norway is but a theater box in this setting, I'll spare the details on airfields and the importance of Soviet PoW labor for the overall construction of "Festung Norwegen".

Attachment (1)

The more difficult the scenario, the more rewarding it is to upset the inevitable assumed outcome.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Scenario Data / Map Issues >> The Nordland line in Norway is 16 years ahead of schedule! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI