Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disbanding/withdrawl air units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Disbanding/withdrawl air units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disbanding/withdrawl air units - 8/30/2003 10:33:30 AM   
goodwood

g'day folks,
Just reading the manual in reference to withdrawals/disbanding, I have been disbanding Sqn to combine air units, is it better to withdraw units because they have a quicker turn around? my real question is, is it better to withdraw than to disband, because the quicker reconstitution of the unit?
Post #: 1
- 8/30/2003 11:07:24 AM   
bilbow

The difference between withdraw and disband is when a squad is withdrawn the pilots go back into the pool. When disbanded, bioth planes and pilots join the recieving unit. Over time some units, especially recon squadrons accumulate a lot of extra pilots for some reason, so by withdrawing it the pilots are returned to the pool. This is especially useful for the Japs because of the crap quality of pilots they get later on. Returning the squadron to play rarely makes much difference because you usually won't have the replacements to build it up anyway- they always return with zero planes.

You can also lose a bad leader this way by disdanding/withdrawing his squadron into another with presumably a better leader. He comes back with his unit later, but you can just lose him again. As I said you usually won't have the replacements to rebuild the unit anyway, so it's no loss.

(in reply to goodwood)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Disbanding/withdrawl air units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI