Disbanding/withdrawl air units (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

goodwood -> Disbanding/withdrawl air units (8/30/2003 10:33:30 AM)

g'day folks,
Just reading the manual in reference to withdrawals/disbanding, I have been disbanding Sqn to combine air units, is it better to withdraw units because they have a quicker turn around? my real question is, is it better to withdraw than to disband, because the quicker reconstitution of the unit?

bilbow -> (8/30/2003 11:07:24 AM)

The difference between withdraw and disband is when a squad is withdrawn the pilots go back into the pool. When disbanded, bioth planes and pilots join the recieving unit. Over time some units, especially recon squadrons accumulate a lot of extra pilots for some reason, so by withdrawing it the pilots are returned to the pool. This is especially useful for the Japs because of the crap quality of pilots they get later on. Returning the squadron to play rarely makes much difference because you usually won't have the replacements to build it up anyway- they always return with zero planes.

You can also lose a bad leader this way by disdanding/withdrawing his squadron into another with presumably a better leader. He comes back with his unit later, but you can just lose him again. As I said you usually won't have the replacements to rebuild the unit anyway, so it's no loss.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI