Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/1/2021 9:32:50 AM   
riflebrigade

If a manual is ordered now when will it be sent to Australia?

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 31
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/1/2021 11:18:19 AM   
wkuh

I have received my manual some days ago, but about a week after expected. Thanks!

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 32
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/1/2021 12:54:48 PM   
dalogan72

I have had conversations with Paolo Costa and with Joe Miller. It has been and still is one of the worst customer experiences I ever got from a game company. It seems it is run like a papa/mama store from any other corner.
Paolo Costa just keep telling me it is first buy first serve, which I agree obviously, but some indiduals that bought it later than me already got the manual (I have to say I bought it also to be delivery by currier, I did pay extra for that). So, Paolo Costa's is lie after lie. I have been having conversations with this dude for around 6 weeks.
Joe Miller has to be the one that even ask the customer to do his work. He even told me he cannot find my order.... one wonder has this guy even search for it or just ask the customer has to do his work.

What kind of company runs this worthless customer service? I love the games that is for sure, but your customer service is worthless.

After getting these lies and I even have to to their work can you please return my money and you guys keep the game? For me is it quite impossible to play these games without a printed manual, so seriously just either give me back the money or send me the manual (a non-defective one) as it is right now your word is worthless.

(in reply to wkuh)
Post #: 33
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/1/2021 1:40:17 PM   
Erik Rutins

Dalogan72,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our customer support. Please write me at erikr@matrixgames.com and we can discuss. I'd like to look over the communications you are referencing and see how we handled your requests.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, we expect all pending manuals to ship out by tomorrow at the latest. We knew from the start that the manuals would take time to print, be received and shipped and that only the first 1,000 pre-orders would ship earlier, the rest sometime in May once the sea shipment arrived. We've been keeping customers up to date via the forum pretty regularly and as far as I know from the warehouse all orders were shipped out in the order they were received.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to dalogan72)
Post #: 34
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/1/2021 1:58:24 PM   
dalogan72

Hello Erik, I have sent you an email to the email you provided. Please can you reply.

Thanks in advance.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 35
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/1/2021 2:20:19 PM   
dalogan72

I have also attach a few of the conversation I got with your team on the second email.

Post #: 36
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/1/2021 3:43:44 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Dalogan72,

I just checked thoroughly through my mail folders and spam and I do not see any e-mails relating to your orders. Could you please re-check and re-send to erikr@matrixgames.com?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to dalogan72)
Post #: 37
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/1/2021 10:04:28 PM   
dalogan72

Erik,

dont get cute with me Erik, dont pull my leg anymore. Make sure I either get what I paid for, or just refund it. Savvy?

Post #: 38
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/2/2021 12:06:07 AM   
Erik Rutins

Let me be completely clear with you Dalogan72. I have not received your e-mails today. Our support staff have not, at any point, lied to you. No one is "being cute" or "pulling your leg".

I have two updates for you at this point in the day.

First, while I have no e-mails from you I did receive a copy of the previous e-mails from our support staff. You became rude and abusive with them both via e-mail and in your forum post above, which is unacceptable. Based on the communications I have, they were not rude to you, so I assume you were frustrated and having a bad day but whatever the reason it's not acceptable. You can always ask to escalate an issue, but there's no excuse for personal attacks on folks trying to help you.

Second, I understand your frustration at not receiving your physical copy, though it does not in any way justify leaping to the conclusion that you have been lied to or otherwise defrauded, or treating our staff as you did. Today we got our server admin as well as our warehouse folks involved together with our support folks and quite a bit of time was put into trying to figure out what was going on with your order. The interface the support folks have access to was telling them that all was well with your order, that it would ship out just like all the others. It did not show then any indication of a problem. In our process, the store orders once received by the store get exported to our warehouse for shipment. In this case, for some reason the server glitched on that export process and your order was not properly exported. Therefore, while all looked good on the store side, our warehouse did not receive it and it was not shipped out as yet. As far as I can tell, this is the only WITE2 order that was affected, though our admin is conducting a more extensive check through WITE2 orders as well as other store orders to make sure this is not a rare but repeating issue. The warehouse now has your order and I'll be following up with them to make sure it ships out promptly tomorrow, but this explains why it was not shipped out earlier.

I hope this helps explain where we are at right now. I apologize for the delay in shipping your order and I hope you will similarly extend an apology for the way you have treated our staff.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 6/2/2021 12:11:33 AM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to dalogan72)
Post #: 39
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/2/2021 9:35:17 AM   
dalogan72

Thanks for trying to be clear, allow me to be crystal then.
Chronology of events will solve the issue here.
1- I tried to solve the situation with Paolo Costa, due to his generic replies without chasing the issue, his passivity developed into a lie. And yes, he did lie to me, while not speaking the truth is not a lie, it is a deception at the end his deceptions grow into a lie. I will not apologies to a liar. Paolo Costa was rude to me when he lied. At least I got 3-4 messages in different days with Paolo and he always gave a generic answer.
Paolo Costa, when you produce generic replies this kind of issues may happen. I am not here to tell you how to do your job, but for sure you did a lousy one with me.
2- The other employee (Joe Miller) told me he could not find my purchase; did he ever look? How difficult is to find someone in your database, I did pay with the PayPal account I contacted him with. That shows lack of enthusiasm regarding helping a customer. I will not apologies to a dude that does not do his job and I got to do it for him.
Joe Miller, same as with your Team-mate Paolo, lousy job.
So, I did not attack any of your team-mates, they attacked themselves with their poor performance. They should at least own their mistakes. I do understand in this Bambi society we live right now it may be hard for them. I have been lied and also defrauded (deceived). I did not have a bad day; you should know what they say about assumptions. What I thought the other day was about Dave Allen GTD (getting things done), so I just did.
3- Your 101 reverse phycology is just not going to work with me. I do accept your apologies for the so many ill attempts to produce a nice ending. It is your system after all, and as you said it “looked good” obviously not in my end. What I got with your company is a business agreement money for product, product that also comes with a service. I still haven’t got neither of those 2. The product is not here and service sucks.
4- Regarding your point about “ask to escalate” I just did that by going to the forums. You know and I know as well you have lost a few sells because of this conversation we got in your forum. The company you represent lost, not me. But this is on you guys not on me.
Erik I will never apologies for being right, I treated your team-mates with respect until they disrespected me with lies and lousy job skills.
I also did send to both of your team-mates my phone number in case they wanted to fix this issue fast, yet they choose silence. When I also paid thru PayPal there is a phone number to contact your company, it doesn’t work. That does not help either. Fix your issues before asking a paying customer to apologies when he has been lied and deceived. Make sure you guys fulfil the business agreement we got. Don’t forget to send me by email a tracking number.
I am not here to be friends I am here because I would like to get the product I paid for, as clear and crystal as that. I have no time to battle egos and small minds. I also love listening lies, when I know the truth. I did have a good laugh when I read your message, thanks for that.
Something is for sure this is not the way of doing business in the UK.

Not all is bad regarding the company you represent; you guys do make very good games.
I hope this is the end of this conversation.

Post #: 40
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/2/2021 3:33:07 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi again Dalogan72,

I warned you already about the personal attacks on our staff. Personal attacks are against the forum rules here, but also just against the common courtesy that most folks understand is necessary when dealing with others. Since you've decided to take the low road and persist in calling out staff members and personally attacking them, your forum account is now banned.

Paulo and Joe replied to your requests professionally. I've reviewed the communications and they did what was requested of them, whereas you became rude and abusive with them (and now attempted to justify that and double down). I'm going to walk through a few key points here for you and anyone else that may be following along:

1. Your manual is shipping out today. Had the glitch not happened, it would have shipped out a few days earlier, around the middle of last week.

2. Our customer support folks (Paulo and Joe) handle many, many requests each day. It is their responsibility to be professional with each one, but they also have to get through all of them. As a result, when you ask for an update on order status and from what they see with their tools, there is no problem with your order and they know all orders are shipping out this week, that is the response they will send. They don't have visibility beyond what their tools allow. At no point did Paulo lie to you. At no point was he rude to you. The issue that prevented him seeing the glitch with your order was not something within his control or visibility. Had you escalated this without rudeness or personal attacks, the issue would have been found just as quickly and without the hard feelings.

3. When you contacted Paulo initially, it was from the e-mail you placed the order with. When you contacted Joe, it was from a different e-mail. When Joe requested that you provide the e-mail and/or order number that you used when you placed the order so that he could help you, you became rude and abusive. This prevented him from helping you. Joe is not only not lazy, he's been putting in time helping us catch up on shipping out these orders as well as handling customer support requests.

4. It turns out three orders in total were glitched, including yours, out of the thousands received. Because of the massive backlog and our focus on getting all the pending orders out, the normal store/warehouse QA process that would have found the glitched orders earlier was postponed until the backlog had been cleared. Getting orders shipped out in a timely fashion while we were still dealing with COVID restrictions in the warehouse also made this all a unique situation. Without any other action, the glitch would have been noticed and caught by next week and your order shipped out.

5. In general, our staff have instructions to stop responding to customers who become rude and abusive. We always treat our customers with respect, but that does not require our staff to tolerate being attacked or slandered.

As a final note here, Joe and Paulo are among the hardest working folks in our company and during the past year, they've dealt with a lot of understandably stressed out customers. They do not lie, they are not lazy and they have helped many, many customers over the years. I wish they did not have to put up with this type of slander but the best I can do at this point is make sure everyone knows the facts.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to dalogan72)
Post #: 41
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/2/2021 4:02:24 PM   
OberGeneral

And another troll bites the dust.

Post #: 42
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/2/2021 5:33:34 PM   
btd64

There are rules. If someone breaks them, then they get what they deserve....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to OberGeneral)
Post #: 43
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/2/2021 6:55:18 PM   
dray67

My shipping email was May 28th, I received my manual today June 2nd, seriously, seriously impressed with it, I saw a post from a guy who had a damaged copy via delivery so I was a little nervous, it was in a strong cardboard container similar to what you would get from Amazon but a bit thicker and tougher, also wrapped with tape marked "Fragile".

Delivered via Royal Mail this afternoon according to my wife. If anyone is interested I live in the NE of England midway between Newcastle upon Tyne and Durham, not that I have any idea where the warehouse is located but others might and it might be a indicator of when they might receive there manual.

I know some people are more than happy to use a tablet or reader and a digital manual, myself included but for titles like WitE2 and similar a nice physical manual is also just as good, and believe me this manual is a piece of work, can't give enough praise to the people that put the work in to get this manual produced and in our hands.

If there is ever plans to do this in the future or look at other older titles and maybe see if there's is enough interest to cover the cost I'd be more than interested in paying a premium for a quality printed manual, especially if the WiTE2 manual is going to be the standard we could expect.

Once again great job in getting this thing out in the wild, as an older gamer I miss having a nice manual for a more demanding title even if digital manuals are for the most part more convenient.

Great job.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 44
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/2/2021 7:33:47 PM   
OberGeneral

Agreed.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 45
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/3/2021 5:45:58 PM   
Erik Rutins

Just a confirmation for everyone here that as of this morning, all pending physical orders for WITE2 have been shipped out. We are fully caught up.

There is one exception I mentioned above which is that we found a small number (3) of orders that had a glitch when being exported from the store to the warehouse. We're working on the remainder of those now and they should be shipped out shortly.

For anyone still waiting on a shipment, if you are sure you placed a physical order in the past couple of months and haven't seen a shipment notification by tomorrow (and please check your spam folder / junk mail) then you are welcome to contact us at support@matrixgames.com and we'll double-check what's going on with it. Depending on where you are in the world, shipment times vary from 2 - 14 days (and COVID restrictions unfortunately mean that sometimes shipments are taking longer to arrive once shipped out), so at worst if you are in one of the far corners of the world (relative to our UK warehouse) you should all have your book in hand two to three weeks from today.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 6/3/2021 5:47:23 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 46
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/3/2021 6:14:24 PM   
crismac_slith

I have an update on mine. It says the planned delivery to my house is Tuesday, June 8, 2021. So 12 days shipping time to get to Kansas City Missouri.

< Message edited by crismac_slith -- 6/3/2021 6:16:59 PM >

Post #: 47
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/4/2021 3:02:53 AM   
crismac_slith

[image][/image]When I posted my last text and 1 hour later the Manual showed up, 5 days early

The box was beaten up but the manual was in excellent condition. No inner packaging like bubble wrap.

I have pictures but not sure how to upload them to this forum.[image][/image]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by crismac_slith -- 6/4/2021 11:54:59 AM >

(in reply to crismac_slith)
Post #: 48
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/4/2021 11:33:17 AM   
username01

I received mine today, and I'm well pleased with it. I would Just like to add you guys do a great job.
Thanks..

< Message edited by username01 -- 6/4/2021 11:34:01 AM >

Post #: 49
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/4/2021 11:56:59 AM   
crismac_slith

Wow did not realize it would be that big sorry for that.

(in reply to username01)
Post #: 50
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/7/2021 11:32:08 PM   
Raikkonen

Hi Erik,
I'm still waiting physical shipment of this game and several other items from an order on 4/29. Sent support email the other day. Have not seen a reply and have not gotten shipping notification. I can send order number tomorrow.
Thanks,
Tom

Post #: 51
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/8/2021 5:54:33 PM   
KG_Chipaev

Manual was shipped on June 3rd. Received today June 8 in New York City, USA.

Manual is beautiful, thanks.

(in reply to Raikkonen)
Post #: 52
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/9/2021 11:12:01 AM   
Raikkonen

Got an email today that my order from 4/29 has been accepted for fulfilment! I suspect it's either been the "glitch" or WitE2 Manual availability, or both, that's held up shipment so far. Got the same fulfilment email back on 4/29. So no shipping info yet, but looking good since it's been reinstated for fulfilment.

(in reply to KG_Chipaev)
Post #: 53
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/17/2021 5:36:31 AM   
pharosstylaster

Preordered the game and the physical manual 4th of March, indeed i hoped to be among the first 1000 buyers to get the manual-hardcover early.

But nothing now, mid of June, no message, no manual. Whats wrong?

(in reply to Raikkonen)
Post #: 54
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/17/2021 3:35:33 PM   
gw15

How can I check if I pre-ordered...I forgot.

(in reply to pharosstylaster)
Post #: 55
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/23/2021 3:57:56 AM   
OberGeneral

I ordered my copy of the hardcover manual on Apr. 28th. On May 28th I got
a email saying that my order 241905057 had been shipped.
Today is June 22nd and I still have not received my manual.

Should be in reply to Erik Rutins.

I have opened a Trouble Ticket on Slitherine Support.

< Message edited by OberGeneral -- 6/23/2021 5:43:06 PM >

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 56
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/24/2021 4:54:25 PM   
OberGeneral

Deleted. Replied to wrong person!

< Message edited by OberGeneral -- 6/24/2021 4:55:46 PM >

(in reply to dalogan72)
Post #: 57
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/24/2021 4:57:32 PM   
OberGeneral

@Erik Rutins
Are you no checking this anymore?

Post #: 58
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/25/2021 5:26:29 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi OberGeneral,

I would certainly have expected it to arrive by now if it was shipped on May 28th. Have you heard back from Support yet on this? I just saw your post, unfortunately I'm unable to check every thread every day, but a PM or e-mail to me is generally read on the same day it's sent. There is also no "@" notification function in our forums.

If you can, send me a copy of your e-mail to support to erikr@matrixgames.com and I'll follow up on it.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 59
RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping - 6/26/2021 6:30:58 PM   
OberGeneral

Sorry about posting this. Thanks for your reply. Slitherine Support took care of it.
I posted this as a heads up that my manual never arrived.
Here is their email:

Hi Ted,

Once we ship it I can get a tracking number.

Kind Regards,

Paulo Costa
The Slitherine Group

support@slitherine.com

25/06/2021 14:20 - tgjong@telusplanet.net wrote:
Thank you. Will it be possible to get a Tracking Number?

Sent: June 25, 2021 4:32 AM
To: tgjong@telusplanet.net
Subject: Re: [Ticket#2021062310000192] Hardcover Manual Has Not Arrived.

Hi Ted,

I've asked the office to reship it.

Kind Regards,

Paulo Costa
The Slitherine Group

support@slitherine.com

24/06/2021 17:10 - tgjong@telusplanet.net wrote:
Thank you for the response.
All information is correct although the Postal Code should be after Alberta and Canada.

Sent: June 24, 2021 8:41 AM
To: tgjong@telusplanet.net
Subject: Re: [Ticket#2021062310000192] Hardcover Manual Has Not Arrived.

Hi Ted,

I'm sorry to hear that your parcel didn't arrive.
Can you please if the shipping address is correct:

Ted Jong
300 Palisades Way
Sherwood Park
T8H 2T9
Alberta
Canada

Telephone number: 7804644336

Kind Regards,

Paulo Costa
The Slitherine Group

support@slitherine.com

23/06/2021 14:20 - tgjong@telusplanet.net wrote:
I ordered my copy of the hardcover manual on Apr. 28th.
On May 28th I got a email saying that my order 241905057 had been shipped.
Today is June 23rd and I still have not received my manual.

Ted Jong

They have shipped it and I have a tracking number

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: War in the East 2 - Manual shipping Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI