Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Steel Panthers World at War

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Steel Panthers World at War Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Steel Panthers World at War - 7/15/2021 4:34:12 PM   
Freyr Oakenshield

Do you still play Steel Panthers World at War? I do like coming back to it

It's a shame there haven't been any updates for such a long time. I think the game's still got potential but would need some extra care and attention from the devs/publisher. I'd love to get some new scenario expansions, for instance -- that would be fantastic... And a few bug fixes here and there...

Do you think this is possible? After all, TOAW has been getting patches for such a long time, with new versions and scenarios... Why not SPWaW?

Post #: 1
RE: Steel Panthers World at War - 7/15/2021 8:14:35 PM   
rustysi

As far as Steel Panthers, that has something to do with copyright, and the developer or someone not wanting any changes. IIRC, from what I last heard.

Also, Matrix is working on a successor. Will it be good enough???? They are spending a lot of time on it. We'll see.

And I do occasionally go back to it, although TBH, its been a while.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Freyr Oakenshield)
Post #: 2
RE: Steel Panthers World at War - 7/15/2021 9:46:31 PM   
wodin

Steel Tigers...come on already!!

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 3
RE: Steel Panthers World at War - 7/15/2021 9:59:52 PM   
MrsWargamer

Essentially speaking, the 'owners' of Steel Panthers are out there somewhere... But the deal is, it can only be given away for free if all modifications are also free.

Thus the Mega Campaigns are the only thing you are purchasing when you buy the software here.

The Enhanced mod for Steel Panthers is likely the pinnacle of the software as it is known by the name Steel Panthers World at War.

SPWaW hails from when Matrix Games was just finding itself. There's really no money in pursuing it any further is my guess.

Steel Tigers will either be a great success, or a massive incredible let down. I hope it is the former. But it will be new software. It won't be a modified form of SPWaW.

I still enjoy SPWaW. I also follow SPCamo's efforts. And I have mastered how to get Steel Panthers III Brigade Combat to run on a modern computer on current Windows.
They're old, and so what. I'm old, and I'm still fun to play with :)

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 4
RE: Steel Panthers World at War - 7/16/2021 11:21:47 AM   
hapshott

Hi,

I still play all steel panther games. SP1, 2 and 3 I run under dosbox. This works great. You can even set the resolution when windowed. It stretches the screen such that my old eyes can see everything. I do the same for Age of Rifles. I'm still hoping that that one gets a remake.

I also have spwaw. This works immediately under windows10. winSPMBT and winSPWW2 I run with dxwnd. The reason for this is again the stretching of the screen. Otherwise you're fixed to 800x600 window. If I set fullscreen for winSPww2 and winSpmbt the game doesn't run correctly.

I'm waiting for Steel Tigers. But I have the feeling that it will not cover the whole ww2. Sp1, sp3 and winSPww2 have all the equipment and scenarios for the whole war.

(in reply to MrsWargamer)
Post #: 5
RE: Steel Panthers World at War - 7/17/2021 3:25:03 AM   
rustysi

quote:

I'm old, and I'm still fun to play with :)

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to hapshott)
Post #: 6
RE: Steel Panthers World at War - 7/19/2021 11:04:04 AM   
samrich

Where can I download the game?

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Steel Panthers World at War Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI