Steel Panthers World at War (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Freyr Oakenshield -> Steel Panthers World at War (7/15/2021 4:34:12 PM)

Do you still play Steel Panthers World at War? I do like coming back to it [:)]

It's a shame there haven't been any updates for such a long time. I think the game's still got potential but would need some extra care and attention from the devs/publisher. I'd love to get some new scenario expansions, for instance -- that would be fantastic... [8|] And a few bug fixes here and there...

Do you think this is possible? After all, TOAW has been getting patches for such a long time, with new versions and scenarios... Why not SPWaW?

rustysi -> RE: Steel Panthers World at War (7/15/2021 8:14:35 PM)

As far as Steel Panthers, that has something to do with copyright, and the developer or someone not wanting any changes. IIRC, from what I last heard.

Also, Matrix is working on a successor. Will it be good enough???? They are spending a lot of time on it. We'll see.[;)]

And I do occasionally go back to it, although TBH, its been a while.

wodin -> RE: Steel Panthers World at War (7/15/2021 9:46:31 PM)

Steel Tigers...come on already!!

MrsWargamer -> RE: Steel Panthers World at War (7/15/2021 9:59:52 PM)

Essentially speaking, the 'owners' of Steel Panthers are out there somewhere... But the deal is, it can only be given away for free if all modifications are also free.

Thus the Mega Campaigns are the only thing you are purchasing when you buy the software here.

The Enhanced mod for Steel Panthers is likely the pinnacle of the software as it is known by the name Steel Panthers World at War.

SPWaW hails from when Matrix Games was just finding itself. There's really no money in pursuing it any further is my guess.

Steel Tigers will either be a great success, or a massive incredible let down. I hope it is the former. But it will be new software. It won't be a modified form of SPWaW.

I still enjoy SPWaW. I also follow SPCamo's efforts. And I have mastered how to get Steel Panthers III Brigade Combat to run on a modern computer on current Windows.
They're old, and so what. I'm old, and I'm still fun to play with :)

hapshott -> RE: Steel Panthers World at War (7/16/2021 11:21:47 AM)

Hi,

I still play all steel panther games. SP1, 2 and 3 I run under dosbox. This works great. You can even set the resolution when windowed. It stretches the screen such that my old eyes can see everything. I do the same for Age of Rifles. I'm still hoping that that one gets a remake.

I also have spwaw. This works immediately under windows10. winSPMBT and winSPWW2 I run with dxwnd. The reason for this is again the stretching of the screen. Otherwise you're fixed to 800x600 window. If I set fullscreen for winSPww2 and winSpmbt the game doesn't run correctly.

I'm waiting for Steel Tigers. But I have the feeling that it will not cover the whole ww2. Sp1, sp3 and winSPww2 have all the equipment and scenarios for the whole war.

rustysi -> RE: Steel Panthers World at War (7/17/2021 3:25:03 AM)

quote:

I'm old, and I'm still fun to play with :)

[sm=innocent0009.gif]

[:-]

[:D]

samrich -> RE: Steel Panthers World at War (7/19/2021 11:04:04 AM)

Where can I download the game?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI