Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

possible to make a "conquer all squares" game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Story and Stratagem (S&S) Editor >> possible to make a "conquer all squares" game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
possible to make a "conquer all squares" game? - 7/17/2021 4:01:42 AM   
misterprimus

I've always been bothered by the game ending before the final blow is landed, either by me or by my enemy, due to the game having population / percentage control victory conditions. Is it possible to use the editor to make it so victory is only attained by conquering all squares? I realize the game seems to go on even with the "you won" screen popping up every turn, but it's annoying and takes away from immersion. I don't need to change anything else - just want a game against the AI like I usually set up, but without the "premature" (based on my opinion) victory conditions.
Post #: 1
RE: possible to make a "conquer all squares" ... - 7/17/2021 9:42:49 AM   
zgrssd

The planet classes have a field to override "VP Score %". Setting them all to 100 would be close.

However what puzzles me the msot is why you would want to. By the time you are trying to get the last hex, you propably have won 50 turns ago.

(in reply to misterprimus)
Post #: 2
RE: possible to make a "conquer all squares" ... - 7/17/2021 9:32:22 PM   
misterprimus

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

The planet classes have a field to override "VP Score %". Setting them all to 100 would be close.

However what puzzles me the msot is why you would want to. By the time you are trying to get the last hex, you propably have won 50 turns ago.

I like to cap off a long campaign with a rewarding "final blow" to my enemies.

As far as the editor, is there some instruction set that explains how to go about making the changes you mentioned? I went into debug mode in the manage screen, but I couldn't figure out how to reach the planet classes section of the tables.

< Message edited by misterprimus -- 7/17/2021 9:53:31 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Story and Stratagem (S&S) Editor >> possible to make a "conquer all squares" game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI