Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Localization Issues - Civil War Scenerio

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Localization Issues - Civil War Scenerio Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Localization Issues - Civil War Scenerio - 7/10/2021 12:15:58 PM   
johnhugo

I have made an American Civil War Scenario but cannot change the graphics. I have moved an interface folder to the game folder. But the graphics I change do not show up in the game. The custom names worked fine. (countries are now states) Can anybody help me with the settings and folder issues. Just want to change the graphics please. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Post #: 1
RE: Localization Issues - Civil War Scenerio - 7/10/2021 1:16:10 PM   
El_Condoro

In \Documents\My Games\Strategic Command - War in Europe create a folder 'Mods' and a subfolder under that (e.g. Civil War)
From the data folder (Steam\steamapps\common\Startegic Command etc\Bitmaps, copy (DO NOT CUT) the \Major_## folders that correspond to the Major Country IDs in your custom campaign (Editor: Campaign, Set Major Country IDs) - the Set Display Source folder (right) will indicate which folder/s you want. Check out the other graphic files that are here to get familiar with them - you'll want to change the resource sprites, unit flags etc at some point, too.
Edit the unit_sprites_nato.png and unit_sprites_nato_zoom.png (I use GIMP but any png editor will do) - ensure the sprites remain in the same position and just the NATO graphic is changed, at least until you have tested it a bit)
In the Editor: Mods, turn on 'Civil War'

I'm sure to have left out something but that should get you started. Basically, create a whole mod (the Mod folder above) where you edit the files that you want to change and turn the mod on and off as needed. Sorry for the caps but DO NOT REMOVE ANY GRAPHIC FILES FROM THE DATA FOLDER - copy them to your mods folder.

(in reply to johnhugo)
Post #: 2
RE: Localization Issues - Civil War Scenerio - 7/11/2021 11:22:19 AM   
johnhugo

So I have put the folders in the Mods/American Civil War folder. But when I modify the icons they don't change in the game. Had no problem with the localization folder. And was even able to remove the German flag on the HQ and replace it with the Confederate flag but cannot change the icons themselves. Major_02 and Major_10 are in the Mods/American Civil War folder. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

< Message edited by johnhugo -- 7/11/2021 11:25:01 AM >

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 3
RE: Localization Issues - Civil War Scenerio - 7/11/2021 8:49:12 PM   
El_Condoro

In the Editor, when you click on Mods\Selected Mods in the menu, does 'American Civil War' appear and is enabled?

(in reply to johnhugo)
Post #: 4
RE: Localization Issues - Civil War Scenerio - 7/11/2021 10:23:10 PM   
johnhugo

Yes, in the editor it says American Civil War is enabled. What should the folder with the modified graphics be called please?

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 5
RE: Localization Issues - Civil War Scenerio - 7/12/2021 6:26:58 AM   
El_Condoro

This is the path for my mod:
C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe\Mods\_Fantasy Wars\Bitmaps
The folders for the Major_## are then under that. The files are modified in those folders.

(in reply to johnhugo)
Post #: 6
RE: Localization Issues - Civil War Scenerio - 7/17/2021 8:05:14 PM   
johnhugo

Working now. Thank you so much with your help. Really appreciate it.

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 7
RE: Localization Issues - Civil War Scenerio - 7/18/2021 10:14:43 AM   
El_Condoro

Good to hear! Any other questions, just ask and someone here will be happy to help.

(in reply to johnhugo)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Localization Issues - Civil War Scenerio Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI