Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

One Engagement Doctrine for Hit&Run?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> One Engagement Doctrine for Hit&Run? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
One Engagement Doctrine for Hit&Run? - 7/29/2021 12:40:04 AM   
Tiramisu

In some cases I am using the Winchester doctrines to make attacks and then let the aircraft automatically gather at their patrol area after the attack by disabling the weapon state RTB. For this purpose I am often using the doctrine "One Engagement with ..." doctrine. However, it does not work very well in my opinion, especially for hit and run tactics.
I believe currently one engagement means that the aircraft waits until the target is destroyed, instead of counting one salvo-shot as the whole engagement.

E.g. when an aircraft attacks a ground unit, then it will do another pass while making its turn at the low attack-altitude I have set in the mission editor, which makes it vulnerable to AAA fire. Instead, I would expect the aircraft to disengage immediately after the first shot and climb to its safer station altitude.
Another example is when a standoff weapon (fire and forget) is launched and the aircraft still keeps flying towards the target instead of turning away, even when the weapon does not need the guidance of the launcher any more. So I would expect the aircraft to disengage immediately after the first launch instead of waiting until the target is eliminated.

I think the devs should either change the behavior of the one engagement doctrines or add another doctrine or option to define what "one engagement" is exactly supposed to mean. If that is not possible for whatever reasons, I would be interested in possible workarounds.

< Message edited by Tiramisu -- 7/29/2021 12:46:52 AM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> One Engagement Doctrine for Hit&Run? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI