Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Delta Variant - please no politics

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Delta Variant - please no politics Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 4:56:12 PM   
MrRoadrunner

That this thread has lasted as long ... we salute you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lD5bfqzr6E

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 61
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 5:51:02 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gilmer

I'm vaccinated. And there is a lot of misinformation on both sides. Fauci has contributed to this because there are verified videos and everything of him say exactly opposite things at many points during the whole situation.

So in other words, as more information becomes available, he has shifted as he has learned more about coronavirus. Science is like that, Just like how now, getting gut shot isn't the death sentence it was in 1862.

No. Fauci knew that masks would help stop the spread but he stated that there was no need to wear them. They don't even need to be the N95 respirators to help. But if you can see through them like neck gaiters, bandanas, and scarfs, then they can actually make it worse.

Attachment (2)

< Message edited by RangerJoe -- 8/2/2021 5:57:14 PM >

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 62
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 6:03:02 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: springel

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwarrenw13

And we can never know from our politicians and media and big tech what the facts are.

You are right. But with a rational population people would do the right thing anyway. Oh wait.

- Masks do help (a little bit)
- The chance of medical harm from covid is vastly larger than that from a vaccine, except for a few people with certain conditions
- if you catch covid and don't get harmed, you are still helping the disease to spread and harm others

All good behaviour will mostly beneficial for others, but that seems to have no value for a lot of selfish bastards.

Such language is a violation of the Forum rules.

― Julia Child

(in reply to springel)
Post #: 63
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 6:08:15 PM   
RangerJoe

Global warming is another political topic. Let me state that the Western United States has previously had 75 year long droughts.

The Earth was warmer 2000 years ago. No man caused global warming then.

The Earth was warmer 6 to 8 thousand years ago. No man caused global warming then.

― Julia Child

Post #: 64
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 6:12:16 PM   
DonH58

@Sieben This is the national VAERS report that our health care system reports to it supposed to be used by all heath care entities and was setup by the CDC and FDA type in VAERS and look it up. Ask your doctor he should know exactly what it is.

< Message edited by DonH58 -- 8/2/2021 6:24:51 PM >

(in reply to Sieben)
Post #: 65
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 6:22:01 PM   
jwarrenw13

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwarrenw13

And we can never know from our politicians and media and big tech what the facts are.

You are right. But with a rational population people would do the right thing anyway. Oh wait.

- Masks do help (a little bit)
- The chance of medical harm from covid is vastly larger than that from a vaccine, except for a few people with certain conditions
- if you catch covid and don't get harmed, you are still helping the disease to spread and harm others

All good behaviour will mostly beneficial for others, but that seems to have no value for a lot of selfish bastards.

The problem in America is that we have become so divided, for many reasons, with plenty of blame to go around to both sides, that each side is instantly suspicious of anything offered from the other side, or appearing to come from the other side, and often rejects it completely. And too many scientists have gotten caught up in the divide, cozying up to one side or the other, rather than remaining objectively neutral and giving us the best facts available. Pollings shows Americans have very little trust in our politicians, in our major news media, and even in our Centers for Disease Control.

I can't find a more recent poll, but American trust in the CDC started collapsing last year and was down to 50% by May. I'm sure it has totally collapsed after last week. https://www.npr.org/2021/05/13/996331692/poll-finds-public-health-has-a-trust-problem

(in reply to springel)
Post #: 66
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 7:07:40 PM   
gamer78

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

I can see Sicily burning from here. The fires near Catania cause a black cloud visible during the day. During the night the horizon is faintly glowing. Another cloud, this one greyish, is faintly visible. That's Palermo.

Sardinia is burning. Marche and Abruzzo are burning.

Siberia is burning. Canada burned. Australia burned. Cyprus and Greece burned. Turkey, Spain, Oregon and California are burning.

But if I try to start a discourse about Climate Change [screech]"that's political!!"[/screech] My old teacher nailed it.

One day a cockroach will teach to little cockroaches: "First there were the dinosaurs, but an asteroid too care of them. Then human beings, but, sadly, their brain wattage was not enough to really endure. Now it's our turn!"

And good luck to them.

Yes unfortunately. Fires nowadays main topic in Alanya and in Turkey. Mediterranean already not very fertile geographically about rainfall and forests. It is too bad. Too much population this century(maybe careless population and global warming.) People were so angry that military Gendarmerie was protecting anyone from lynching suspected as terrorist.

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 67
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 7:16:29 PM   
WYBaugh

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

feel no responsibility to protect the willfully unvaccinated so I won't mask up unless a place requests

I am vaccinated and those around me are as well. I will do what I feel is necessary to protect myself and those around me, especially my grandchildren!!!!!!!!! Whom at this time are not able to get the shots. Now you may say this or that about children not getting the virus or getting a lesser case, I DON'T CARE!!!!!! As far as those whom refuse to get the vaccine I don't care, except I will do whatever I can to protect their sorry a$$es as well.

This is not a political subject as far as I'm concerned, its about doing the right thing!!!!! And that is doing what you have to do, and that's getting vaccinated!!!! And if you don't believe that, well I wish polio, smallpox, measles, Covid, and all the other ailments that vaccines have saved us from on you and your people. I for one am sick and tired of those whom believe that science is lying to us at every turn. And if I get the vaccine and die, or have another reaction as well, well I still have attempted to do the right thing!!!!!! With seven billion people on the earth not many will miss me, and those that will, will still say, 'he tried to do the right thing'.

Yes, check out what is being said, and be informed, but if you listen to those who say the vaccine 'magnetized' them, please take the next comet off my planet. Remember them??? A definite improvement in the 'gene pool'. Oh, and speaking of which, when are we going to stop swimming in the shallow end????

You know, except for my family and close friends this pandemic has been kinda a relief for myself, because I haven't had to deal with all the nitwits!!!!!

I am sorry for the rant, but I can't contain myself any longer. Also I apologize to any I have offended, and I'm sure there are more than a few here.....

I could go on, but I fear I've gone way too far already.

This thread will be locked but I wanted to say thank you rustysi for saying what I would say.

I live in Jacksonville, FL, the worst spot in Florida at the moment for the delta variant. Hospitals are being overwhelmed. It's not the media playing it up.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 68
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 7:52:39 PM   
balto

The media is playing it up.., Florida is Republican.

(in reply to WYBaugh)
Post #: 69
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 8:08:58 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Lived in Jacksonville few years back. Southside Blvd / Baymeadows.
Visited last Christmas, talk to my buddies there on the phone, both in Medical Sales.

City is fine. Duval County is the cream of crop. Since I've moved, wouldn't even recognize the place. So much construction (housing) and new exits all the way to St. Augustine.

They tried to shutdown Elvis in Jacksonville, no dice!

Fear Not,
-EJR

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ElvisJJonesRambo -- 8/2/2021 8:09:25 PM >

Without Him, I could do nothing
Without Him, I'd surely fail
Without Him, I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 70
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 8:30:53 PM   
RFalvo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: balto

And the Delta variant is? I never heard before of a virus with a political opinion.

BTW, as I wrote in these forums one year ago, a distant cousin of mine is a bigwig in Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston Hospital. I won't mention her specialization for privacy reasons but she is not a virologist: her specialization is on the other side of the spectrum. I called her about ten days ago, and she said that they were about to instaurate an "all hands on deck" emergency with everybody ordered to ditch what they are doing and be ready for the COVID ward.

AGAIN. She was drafted for the same thing in Spring 2020. The last thing she imagined was to find herself in the same situation after one year.

She is a very fine woman, with a sweet voice. She concentrated all the cursing she will ever do in her whole life in that last phone call. The ratio of curses vs. normal words was 7/2.

So, politically, what I just wrote is..?

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 71
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 8:36:12 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

1 Friend dead, heart attack
3 Friends start cancer radiation
1 Friend starts cancer chemo
2 Family members got dental cavities
50% alergies

In 50 years, no one on this Earth will know we even existed.

We lost, China now runs the world. Moonraker pending

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ElvisJJonesRambo -- 8/2/2021 8:38:24 PM >

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 72
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 8:46:04 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

And the Delta variant is? I never heard before of a virus with a political opinion.

BTW, as I wrote in these forums one year ago, a distant cousin of mine is a bigwig in Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston Hospital. I won't mention her specialization for privacy reasons but she is not a virologist: her specialization is on the other side of the spectrum. I called her about ten days ago, and she said that they were about to instaurate an "all hands on deck" emergency with everybody ordered to ditch what they are doing and be ready for the COVID ward.

AGAIN. She was drafted for the same thing in Spring 2020. The last thing she imagined was to find herself in the same situation after one year.

She is a very fine woman, with a sweet voice. She concentrated all the cursing she will ever do in her whole life in that last phone call. The ratio of curses vs. normal words was 7/2.

Of course, since every potential Covid-19 patient is worth three times more money to the hospital, they will try to have as many cases as possible Covid-19 cases. I reported on that over a year ago.

CovidSARs-1 can still come back.

MERs is still in East Africa and has a 40% death rate, but it is not highly transmittable.

Both of those had vaccine programs going on but what happened to them? The first one was stopped and the second one is going slowly - if at all.

― Julia Child

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 73
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 8:57:22 PM   
springel

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

Of course, since every potential Covid-19 patient is worth three times more money to the hospital, they will try to have as many cases as possible Covid-19 cases. I reported on that over a year ago.

You are sick.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 74
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 9:03:20 PM   
RFalvo69

quote:

So, you are basically telling us that no-vaxxers in the USA will go bankrupt.

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 75
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 9:09:19 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

It's always about the money. The love of money is the root of all evil.

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 76
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 9:21:46 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You are sick.

In what way?

― Julia Child

(in reply to springel)
Post #: 77
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 9:27:07 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

So, you are basically telling us that no-vaxxers in the USA will go bankrupt.

No, I am not. It is a financial justification for the hospital system to call every possible patient a Covid-19 case for increased revenue - whether or not it is justified in doing so.

― Julia Child

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 78
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 9:29:29 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

quote:

quote:

And that was debunked over a year ago. Try and keep up.

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 8/2/2021 9:30:46 PM >

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 79
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 9:49:45 PM   
rustysi

I am so done!!!!

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 80
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 9:53:09 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElvisJJonesRambo

It's always about the money. The love of money is the root of all evil.

It is not money, it is greed. The money is just a tool.

― Julia Child

Post #: 81
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 9:54:17 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And that was debunked over a year ago. Try and keep up.

That was stated by a medical doctor in the United States so it was not "debunked" as you put it.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 82
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 9:55:57 PM   
MrRoadrunner

Well, greed is the love of money. Money can't do it on it's own?

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 83
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 10:01:23 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

Fauci: Mixed Messaging On Masks Set U.S. Public Health Response Back
The nation's leading infectious disease experts said the conflicting advice offered by federal leaders around face masks in the early days of the pandemic helped sow distrust and continues to hamper the government's ability to slow the outbreak.

"We have to admit it, that that mixed message in the beginning, even though it was well meant to allow masks to be available for health workers, that was detrimental in getting the message across," Fauci said in an interview with Mary Louise Kelly of NPR's All Things Considered. "No doubt about it."
As late as February 29, Surgeon General Jerome Adams was telling Americans on Twitter to stop buying masks, saying they are "NOT effective." But the guidance soon changed, and by early April the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention began recommending that Americans wear face coverings in public. . . .

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/07/01/886299190/it-does-not-have-to-be-100-000-cases-a-day-fauci-urges-u-s-to-follow-guidelines

― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 84
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 10:10:54 PM   
Aurelian

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/21/facebook-posts/Fact-check-Hospitals-COVID-19-payments/

Medicare, as an example, pays 3x as much to the hospital if a patient is put on a *ventilator*. It doesn't matter why they're put on it.

It’s standard for Medicare to pay a hospital roughly three times as much for a patient who goes on a ventilator, as for one who doesn’t.

Medicare is paying a 20% add-on to its regular hospital payments for the treatment of COVID-19 victims. That’s a result of a federal stimulus law.

The claim’s suggestion is that the number of COVID-19 cases is being padded; but evidence indicates the cases are being undercounted.

There isn’t a Medicare diagnostic code specifically for COVID-19. Using payment rates for similar respiratory conditions, Kaiser estimated the average Medicare payment at $13,297 for a less severe hospitalization and $40,218 for hospitalization in which a patient is treated with a ventilator for at least 96 hours.

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 8/2/2021 10:12:06 PM >

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 85
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 10:23:35 PM   
Will_L

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElvisJJonesRambo
Inject some untested DNA crap into my body for their manufactured flu, which I have 99.9% survival rate? No thanks.
Better cook up a stronger batch to get my attention.
-EJR

I wish you long covid.

Might be better to ignore something rather than wish ill upon someone.
Karma can be a bitch.

(in reply to springel)
Post #: 86
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 10:25:14 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/21/facebook-posts/Fact-check-Hospitals-COVID-19-payments/

Medicare, as an example, pays 3x as much to the hospital if a patient is put on a *ventilator*. It doesn't matter why they're put on it.

It’s standard for Medicare to pay a hospital roughly three times as much for a patient who goes on a ventilator, as for one who doesn’t.

Medicare is paying a 20% add-on to its regular hospital payments for the treatment of COVID-19 victims. That’s a result of a federal stimulus law.

The claim’s suggestion is that the number of COVID-19 cases is being padded; but evidence indicates the cases are being undercounted.

There isn’t a Medicare diagnostic code specifically for COVID-19. Using payment rates for similar respiratory conditions, Kaiser estimated the average Medicare payment at $13,297 for a less severe hospitalization and $40,218 for hospitalization in which a patient is treated with a ventilator for at least 96 hours.

Well then, if the number of Covid-19 cases are being undercounted, then even more people have developed an natural immunity by fighting off the infection which is a way to get the best reaction to any reattempt of infection.

I was never put on a ventilator, nor was one even suggested to me. It also turns out that being on a ventilator for more than 24 hours can be worse than no ventilator. Supplemental oxygen should be enough.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 87
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 10:48:21 PM   
operating

If there is one guy I do not trust is: Dr. Faucie ...

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 88
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 11:16:55 PM   
RangerJoe

Sure, get vaccinated, then you don't get Covid-19 . . .

"How 350 vaccinated people caught COVID-19 in huge Cape Cod outbreak.
The report describes 469 COVID-19 cases in Massachusetts residents that were tied to the Provincetown outbreak. (Most of the other cases tied to the Cape Cod outbreak are from individuals living outside of Massachusetts.)

Of these, 346, or 74%, were fully vaccinated. About 46% had received the Pfizer vaccine, 38% had received the Moderna vaccine and 16% had received the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. Most breakthrough cases, 87%, were among men, with an average age of 42. (The authors note that the demographics of these cases likely reflect those of the people who attended the area's events, which "were marketed to adult male participants.")

About 80% of breakthrough cases experienced symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, headache, sore throat, muscle aches and fever, the report said. A total of five people were hospitalized, four of whom were fully vaccinated. Two of the four fully vaccinated patients had underlying medical conditions, the report said.

When health officials analyzed swab samples from 133 cases, they found that nearly 90% were infected with the delta variant. And when they analyzed samples from 211 cases, they found that the so-called CT value, a proxy value for viral load, was about the same among fully vaccinated people as those who were not vaccinated or partially vaccinated. . . . "

https://www.livescience.com/cape-cod-covid-19-outbreak-delta-variant.html

― Julia Child

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 89
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 11:41:08 PM   
WYBaugh

As I know it's been said a million times, the vaccine does not prevent you catching covid. It prevents the person becoming so ill that they require hospitalization.

You get a flu shot, you can still get the flu.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Delta Variant - please no politics Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI