Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Various Suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Various Suggestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Various Suggestions - 8/9/2021 2:26:12 PM   
Bernard_Black

I am not using the 'Beta' so please ignore any suggestion that have been recently implemented.

- Create a 'Beginning of turn' and 'End of turn' auto-save file.

- Also limit the amount of auto-save files created.

- Add a "Credits" graph to: Stats Tab > Regime Statistics > National

- Add an indication in the 'Hex Info Section' that the hex has adequate heating for workers or display a warning if the heating is inadequate. (Helpful for frozen planets).

- Allow 'Pull Points' to pass 'Blocked Traffic Signs'. This would make Pull Points much more useful.

- Add combat screen for battles during AI turn (Also include options to skip or automate them). Hate the fact only combat screen is for during player turns. I really need to see how my units perform when defending against AI. Really surprised that this has not been implemented at this late stage.

Show graphics that visualizes the 'Hidden' private trade system.

The private trade system is referenced so much in the manual but still remains a mystery to me.

For example when I use the 'Trade Pact' stratagem with a friendly empire, I don't actually know why I am using it, what it actually does and how it actually benefits me or my empire directly. I certainly do not gain 'public' credits from it (as I was hoping) but I'm unsure where the private credits are going either?

I also look at the periodic 'Trade Reports' under the 'Regimes' section of the 'Reports' tab but I do not understand what they actually mean, the whole 'Private Trade' function is just invisible to me. There really needs to be some visual representation about what is happening with the private trade and how it directly benefits the player aside from adding a layer of diplomacy with a friendly faction.

Cheers.

Edit: Fragmentation.

< Message edited by Bernard_Black -- 8/9/2021 2:27:52 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Various Suggestions - 8/9/2021 5:11:11 PM   
zgrssd

Any working Asset will get like 273° temperature isolation. Stuff most be heavily damage if the workers are not save.

Pull Points can already ignore Traffic Signs, if you unchecke them being affected.

Trade:
1. Each Empire has a Trade House
2. Trade Houses exchange goods with other Empires Trade houses.
3. Tarrifs and Free Trade Pacts change how quickly and how easily that happens (do not want to aid enemies)
4. The Private Economy of each Zone can buy and sell stuff directly to the Empires Trade House.
Other Major powers Private Economy does the same. This can be a major factor in driving supply and demand.

(in reply to Bernard_Black)
Post #: 2
RE: Various Suggestions - 8/10/2021 12:57:13 PM   
Bernard_Black

Thanks for the replies zgrssd.

"Any working Asset will get like 273° temperature isolation. Stuff most be heavily damage if the workers are not save."
This, but it would be helpful to add a very simple 'Sufficiently heated' or something similar for the hex with workers - just for forgetful people like myself who forgot they mothballed their asset and froze the workers to death!!.... also helpful for frozen planets! The desert world i am on has -40C for the tropics alone and hits nearly -60C for the polar regions.

"Pull Points can already ignore Traffic Signs, if you unchecke them being affected. "
I can turn off the 'Traffic signs for' 'Pull points' but this brings 120 LP into hex instead of the 50 that I required throwing off the logistics going to the other direction? What am I missing?

In regards to your trade bullet points

I do kinda of understand the 'workings' as it were, it just would be nice to have some rather basic 'visualization' graphics and 'transparency' on the way it operates.

i.e The graphics can simply be trade routes visualized on the map in the same way that that the logistics are displayed using another 'layer' tab/button, so we can then see where trade is going, what borders it crosses and how much is on that route (similar to how the thickness of the logistics networks behave).

Transparency is needed where the game needs to show how the trade is directly affecting my empire and the economy. This is shown in some degree in the reports tab but TBH I simply do not understand them and how they correlate to the economy (directly anyway)... Okay, after initiating the trade pact stratagem with a friendly neighbor i noticed our private trade with them go from small amounts to rather large amounts and I imagine that benefited the private economy and I may be earning from it through trade tariffs and such - so I'm sure it does affect... but that's it "I'm sure it does" no certain, its all guess work?

Cheers.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Various Suggestions - 8/10/2021 2:55:45 PM   
zgrssd

Temperature
That mothballed assets still need workers but do not protect those workers does sound like a design oversight. I would propably report it as a potential bug.

Traffic Signs and Pull Points
You check if you want Truck Logistics, Rail Logistics and/or Pull Points to respect a traffic sign.

If you got 120 LP floying onto a line that only requires 50 points there are a few possibilities:
- the game has a bug
- you overlooked the other 70 pull points on that line.

Trade
There are no "trade routes". So there is no way to dispaly them.
Your Trade Hosue interacts will all neighbouring trade houses.

If you sold as much to the traders as they want, there are only 2 ways for the stocks to go down:
1. Your Private Economy buys from your trade house
2. Another trade house buys that stuff of your trade house

If you bought every single unit the traders have, there are only 2 ways for the stocks to go up:
1. Your Private Economy sells that stuff to you trade house
2. Another trade house sells that stuff to your trade house

All this trade does is getting rid of excess and drawing in new supplies of demanded goods.

(in reply to Bernard_Black)
Post #: 4
RE: Various Suggestions - 8/11/2021 10:11:09 PM   
Bernard_Black

First up regarding trade - I do understand the trade houses to a certain degree, the manual talks of this in some detail but it would be nice to add a visible trade routes layer like other strategy games often do even if it's for aesthetic reasons only.

"That mothballed assets still need workers but do not protect those workers does sound like a design oversight. I would probably report it as a potential bug."
A mothballed asset only provides +50c if I am not mistaken, the asset was between around -35c to -45c (+15c to +5c) so maybe the closer to zero degrees the more unhappy the workers become, but not sure on that. It does happen on any lone asset that is mothballed in cold temps. I will observe it and maybe report it as poss bug.

"Traffic Signs and Pull Points *SOLVED*"
The issue has been solved for now. The issue was that further down the logistics line was another 60% block sign which did NOT have the pull points check box toggled OFF.
So ALL traffic signs in between the pull points and logistics source(s) need to have the pulled points check box toggled OFF if I wish to use them in that way... you learn something every day with this game!

Cheers.

Edit: Clarity

< Message edited by Bernard_Black -- 8/11/2021 10:13:22 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Various Suggestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI