Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window question - 8/21/2021 8:13:44 PM   
beads

I may be missing something obvious here - one of the features of Harpoon ANW I used a lot was multiple windows, including tracking windows.

I could have the main window showing the overall battle area with another tracking window to show my CVBG, as well as other windows I could set up to follow an ASW engagement for example. Very useful!

Is this available in CMO and I just can't find it?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window qu... - 8/21/2021 8:27:21 PM   
thewood1

It isn't in CMO. I think the best you can do is use TacView to monitor close in while using the bigger picture. Or you can use the group hot key to quickly switch back and forth.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to beads)
Post #: 2
RE: Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window qu... - 8/21/2021 8:49:01 PM   
beads

Thanks.

Seems like a feature that could well be included, but on the whole CMO doesn't seem to be very multiple-windows-based.

I will go looking for a feature suggestion thread.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window qu... - 8/21/2021 8:51:47 PM   
JFS737

I have missed this old Harpoon feature very much as well. It may be the top of my list! The Mini Map under map settings is a small consolation and has a small amount of usefullness. Can't hold a candle to the multi window setup though.

Good luck,
John

(in reply to beads)
Post #: 4
RE: Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window qu... - 8/21/2021 10:27:16 PM   
Gunner98

You do get multiple windows of a different sort, I keep the message window on a 2nd monitor and the DB & Mission window on a 3rd monitor.

The old tracking windows that Harpoon gave you were great but you don't get them in CMO. What you do get is the quick jump keys (Cntl+# to set and then hit the number), which are very handy

B

Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/

(in reply to JFS737)
Post #: 5
RE: Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window qu... - 8/22/2021 7:39:46 AM   
Dimitris

You can use minimaps to give you different views of the same theater.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 6
RE: Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window qu... - 8/22/2021 9:38:40 AM   
nukkxx5058

I never used minimaps before (couldn't see any interest to it) so I tried. Each time I open a mini map and resize it to larger, the whole game crashes. :-(

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 7
RE: Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window qu... - 8/22/2021 11:28:00 AM   
thewood1

I have never found mini-maps worth the screen real estate loss. It has always worked, but seems very finicky and difficult to read. Its basically a blue blob vs a red blob. Might take a second look to see if I missed something.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 8
RE: Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window qu... - 8/22/2021 12:50:41 PM   
mikerohan

I've tried the minimaps but I don't like them.
On the other hand, with a multi-monitor setup I'd love to have several tracking windows. In several scenarios there are lots of things happening at the same time at different places... With the hot-keys it becomes a "click fest" if you try to follow the action!

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI